Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Franklin County 20 Johnson Central 12 (4A Semi-Finals)
(12-12-2020, 09:10 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 04:09 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Thank goodness Corbin beat up johnson central for us! Lol Corbin if you want to be talked. Out in this posts you should have won last week!!!

Wild game, thought JC was making a come back... FC MORE PHYSICAL... bottom line... so many of you guys in here  were counting them out, even joking on them... look at you now......

Go Flyers !  Another week as the Underdog ahead.

Easy there fella I think you need to look who posted this before outing Corbin, it was a JC fan nobody from Corbin posting anything trying to take any credit, congrats on the win.
If you go back and look at his post TD Hounds, he was actually the worst doubting Franklin. He also throwed a lot of smack towards Corbin as well. Like everyone always says. You can’t compare matchups, that’s why the game has to be played. I was wrong in my prediction and it won’t be my last one I get wrong. I didn’t think JC would lose this year, I was wrong. Nice win for Franklin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
Not just in 4a but what’s the odds covid plays a factor in this weeks games, after round 3 if the team that advances comes down with covid the team they defeated will take there place.
(12-12-2020, 04:09 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Thank goodness Corbin beat up johnson central for us! 
You’re welcome. We do what we can
[-] The following 4 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds, toolaidback, Westside
Didn’t think of that.
(12-12-2020, 09:42 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 09:10 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 04:09 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Thank goodness Corbin beat up johnson central for us! Lol Corbin if you want to be talked. Out in this posts you should have won last week!!!

Wild game, thought JC was making a come back... FC MORE PHYSICAL... bottom line... so many of you guys in here  were counting them out, even joking on them... look at you now......

Go Flyers !  Another week as the Underdog ahead.

Easy there fella I think you need to look who posted this before outing Corbin, it was a JC fan nobody from Corbin posting anything trying to take any credit, congrats on the win.
If you go back and look at his post TD Hounds, he was actually the worst doubting Franklin. He also throwed a lot of smack towards Corbin as well. Like everyone always says. You can’t compare matchups, that’s why the game has to be played. I was wrong in my prediction and it won’t be my last one I get wrong. I didn’t think JC would lose this year, I was wrong. Nice win for Franklin.
Up until they beat central in the district. But in every sarcastic comment, there is a bit of truth in it.
Congrats to FC on shutting down a machine of an offense. Congrats to JC on an impressive run !!
Congratulations to FC, a very well coached team and super athletes, tackling skills as good as it gets and the only team I’ve seen in years to slow down our run game. Also thanks to my Eagles for such a great season and high school career. I’ve really enjoyed watching and rooting for you guys this year. And always Go Eagles
[-] The following 1 user Likes maximus73's post:
  • Hound05
Wonder how Good Ole Boys club at Corbin feel this morning knowing they overruled the hiring committee last year when the committee wanted  to go after Coach James?  Too much senseless Corbin pride to admit it!
I figured they might score some on JC because I still think JCs weakness was their pass defense. And at that, it still wasn’t weak. But if you told me before hand that FC would impose their will on the defensive end of it, I would have laughed you out of here. But I was severely wrong. Still both teams have something to be proud about
(12-12-2020, 10:35 AM)Ogre Wrote: Wonder how Good Ole Boys club at Corbin feel this morning knowing they overruled the hiring committee last year when the committee wanted  to go after Coach James?  Too much senseless Corbin pride to admit it!
I wouldn’t say it was senseless pride. I think they honestly thought that they could give it to Greer and James would come as an OC the way Greer did for haddix. One game, one season, doesn’t make you a conqueror we shall see in the years to come. But your obsession with us is somewhat troubling
I was rooting for Johnson Central, but Franklin County came in and took care of business. Congrats to them. I hope they get the job done next week as well.
(12-12-2020, 10:42 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 10:35 AM)Ogre Wrote: Wonder how Good Ole Boys club at Corbin feel this morning knowing they overruled the hiring committee last year when the committee wanted  to go after Coach James?  Too much senseless Corbin pride to admit it!
I wouldn’t say it was senseless pride. I think they honestly thought that they could give it to Greer and James would come as an OC the way Greer did for haddix. One game, one season, doesn’t make you a conqueror we shall see in the years to come. But your obsession with us is somewhat troubling
The fact that you think that a young head coach would leave a head coaching position to become an assistant at a school that hasn’t won a state championship in almost 30 years shows the senseless pride I spoke about!
(12-12-2020, 09:16 AM)Budsqueezer Wrote: Bill Music went undefeated his final season @ JC and was let go. He started it, Matney just picked ball up an ran with it!!!
Bill Musick wasn't "let go." He left on his own. Matney did not take the JC job until the program suffered through three straight losing seasons. I agree that Musick was the person most responsible for building a winning program. He took over a struggling program, failed to win a game in his first season, and left the program in its best shape ever to that point.

Send us a bill for rent of living in your friggin head, this thread is about JC and Franklin Co, the fact that Coach James applied for the Corbin job is neither here nor there, he is the coach at Franklin Co and they won last night congrats Franklin Co.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
Fun game to watch, JC commentators are not very good, but the camera work was pretty good. Central will be around for a long time this time of year, FCHS continues to try to prove it belongs.
I posted a “upset alert” on this game. Just saying. Lol don’t remember my prediction but I did have Franklin County winning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Westside
(12-12-2020, 11:08 AM)Ogre Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 10:42 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
The fact that you think that a young head coach would leave a head coaching position to become an assistant at a school that hasn’t won a state championship in almost 30 years shows the senseless pride I spoke about!

Hasn't it been almost 40 years? Corbin has a good football program with great tradition. Why do you think it hasn't won a state title in nearly 40 years? Been very close several times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Ogre
Flyers peeked my interest when they pounded Central. Saban was coming as offensive coordinator if Corbin brought Steve Jewell back.
(12-12-2020, 01:11 PM)E's Army Wrote: Flyers peeked my  interest when they pounded Central. Saban was coming as offensive coordinator if Corbin brought Steve Jewell back.

I know the Hounds have great tradition and a high opinion of their program but I don't think Nick would leave Tuscaloosa for SE KY .    Smile
Tell us about the JC YouTube video they sent to FCHS? It was taken down when I tried to view??
(12-12-2020, 11:58 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Fun game to watch, JC commentators are not very good, but the camera work was pretty good. Central will be around for a long time this time of year, FCHS continues to try to prove it belongs.
People need to keep in mind that the commentators are JC students who are obviously not football players. It would be great if there was a former coach or college player in the booth mentoring them. I remember watching a Boyle County game or two where Jacob Tamme was part of the broadcast team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Spud6
Tell Matney Paintsville plays at 11am next Friday. Would love to see him there cheering for KCD like he did when we played West Carter.
(12-12-2020, 04:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 11:58 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Fun game to watch, JC commentators are not very good, but the camera work was pretty good. Central will be around for a long time this time of year, FCHS continues to try to prove it belongs.
People need to keep in mind that the commentators are JC students who are obviously not football players. It would be great if there was a former coach or college player in the booth mentoring them. I remember watching a Boyle County game or two where Jacob Tamme was part of the broadcast team.

And it’s great they give the kids the opportunity to gain great experience calling these games at such a young age.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Wow, I didn't see this coming. GREAT win for the Flyers. Good luck the rest of the way. As for JC, NOTHING to be down about, you guys have had a great run and are not done yet. Plenty of great football still to come in "Johnsonville". Congrats on an outstanding season.
(12-12-2020, 05:07 PM)ducky Wrote: Tell Matney Paintsville plays at 11am next Friday.  Would love to see him there cheering for KCD like he did when we played West Carter.
1a football is so irrelevant you make stuff up, there’s a reason 1a is played at 11am Smile
(12-12-2020, 05:07 PM)ducky Wrote: Tell Matney Paintsville plays at 11am next Friday.  Would love to see him there cheering for KCD like he did when we played West Carter.
Matney is a HUGE supporter of ALL kids from Johnson County! I’m sure he will be supporting Paintsville like he always has! He’s one of the leaders in our small little town that’s going to help fix the problem of county elementary’s Schools and JC middle school not being allowed to play Paintsville elementary and middle school. Takes a great man to put the future of all Johnson county kids in front of peoples differences. Can’t wait to finally see that change! Matney to help lead our entire County in the right direction!

(12-12-2020, 05:50 PM)Blue dawg Wrote:
1a football is so irrelevant you make stuff up, there’s a reason 1a is played at 11am Smile
^^ A prime example of what’s wrong in Johnson county! 

Hopefully that mindset changes for the future of OUR kids!
(12-13-2020, 10:32 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
Matney is a HUGE supporter of ALL kids from Johnson County! I’m sure he will be supporting Paintsville like he always has! He’s one of the leaders in our small little town that’s going to help fix the problem of county elementary’s Schools and JC middle school not being allowed to play Paintsville elementary and middle school. Takes a great man to put the future of all Johnson county kids in front of peoples differences. Can’t wait to finally see that change! Matney to help lead our entire County in the right direction!

Johnson County schools should not play Paintsville in football until there is some strong evidence that both schools are exercising sufficient "institutional control" over their football programs. Players, fans, students, and facilities of both teams need to be safe and secure before, during, and after football games. There were too many "incidents" to continue the series.
(12-13-2020, 12:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 10:32 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

Johnson County schools should not play Paintsville in football until there is some strong evidence that both schools are exercising sufficient "institutional control" over their football programs. Players, fans, students, and facilities of both teams need to be safe and secure before, during, and after football games. There were too many "incidents" to continue the series.
It’s not just football. They won’t play Paintsville in basketball either in elementary or junior High. Every other county seems to have it figured out. Pikeville Elementary and JR High play against Mullins, Belfry, Shelby Valley ect . Prestonsburg’s the same deal, It’s JUST Johnson Co!

The commentators that “aren’t very good” won a state broadcasting championship last year. Just sayin’ ...since one of them is my son, I wanted to just fill everyone in.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old guy's post:
  • ekywildcat, Hatz
I have never heard of a state championship for such, but congrats. I appreciate anyone's hard work and achievement! But just as good as I'd like for such an important game, and for a pay per view. They offered no real input on the opponent. But I do love the fact that it was done by students I think that is a great asset to the school.