Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How teams will have their first ever Thanksgiving day practice this week?
In a normal year, Thanksgiving week is when the semi-state games are played.... and for some communities/schools, Thanksgiving day practice is an event.  Former players that are in town to see their families stop by practice, the town is buzzing with excitement of the possibility that their kids will get to play for a state championship.

2006 was the first time that Johnson Central had practice on Thanksgiving day & Cov. Cath. was rolling in to Johnsonville on Black Friday for our first ever state semi-final game.... our little town was electric with excitement. Fast forward a few years and now having been to five straight state finals & winning two state championships, Thanksgiving day practice is still something our players, coaches, fans and community does not take for granted.
Cov. Cath. (3A - 2006)
Wayne County (4A - 2015, 2016, 2017)
Knox Central (4A - 2018)
Madisonville-North Hopkins (4A - 2019)

So let's hear it, how many teams across the state are going to have their first ever Thanksgiving day football practice?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
It's a tradition down here, always has a electric feel to the air, a rare practice that has lots of fans standing around watching. We always plan ahead to be sure our family meal does not interfere
West Carter will be having their first Thanksgiving practice ever!
[-] The following 2 users Like WestCarterComet's post:
  • Old guy, RoShamBo
(11-23-2020, 12:40 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote: West Carter will be having their first Thanksgiving practice ever!
Congrats, it should be a experience that all will recall for a lifetime
[-] The following 2 users Like MayfieldCardinal's post:
  • RoShamBo, WestCarterComet
Man don’t get me wrong. I AM VERY HAPPY AND WE ARE BLESSED TO BE PLAYING FOOTBALL THIS YEAR. But......

I don’t know about the rest of you, but this week just don’t have that same “feeling”. This week out of the year just has a Walt Disney magical feeling!! Haha. But to me it don’t. There’s something about being 1 of 4 teams in the class to be playing football normally. The fans and family from out of town get together and drink hot chocolate (cough cough Bourbon) and watch practice. It’s usually something special to get to say that. This year with 60 teams, it just don’t feel like it. Like we’ve been robbed. I know it’s a joy for other teams who don’t normally play this week, and not to sound narcissistic, but it’s almost dull right now.......
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • BEChargers, Pulp Fiction
I haven't checked, but these are the teams that I would wonder if this is their first Thanksgiving:

Oldham County **maybe the Blake Bramblet years?**
Bullitt Central
North Bullitt
Logan County
Spencer County
Rowan County
Fleming County
Pendleton County
Edmonson County **Think they made it in the 90's to semi's? **
Carroll County
West Carter
Eminence **Maybe 8-man?**