Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caldwell County @ Murray 11/20
Looks like the best matchup in the first round of 2A. The regular season game went into overtime in Princeton with the Tigers of Murray get the win 41-34. Can the Tigers of Caldwell County flip the script? Both teams lost to Mayfield 21-20 and want to get that second chance at the Cardinals. Feeling this is their best shot at a semifinal appearance in years.
I think it will be a toss up, both teams have a history of winning on the others home field. Caldwell led most of the game in Princeton but couldn't hold on at the end. Murray doesn't resemble the team that was up and down the first several weeks of the season and looks to have settled in to what they want to do. Caldwell knows what they are going to do and it's up to them to stop it, I don't think there is much difference between the three teams playing for the district championship.
The difference in the three is mayfield beat the other 2
I agree there's little separation between the 3 teams. Caldwell outplayed both for 3 quarters and came away 0-2 just the same. I think they present a bigger challenge to Mayfield than Murray does simply because they're more versatile, meaning they can run it and pass it equally well. I think Mayfields D can withstand a running game with little to offer through the air. Murrays D may be a bit stronger than Caldwells, but, honestly, this game is about a flip of a coin either way..
14-14 halftime
Watching this one on NFSH, Caldwell jumped out to a 14-0 lead and then Murray clawed back to tie it at 14. I can honestly say that its been all Tigers
I see what you did there. Really enjoyable game to watch.

Murray leading 28-21 with 4:49 4Q. Dreadful fake punt play by Caldwell Co results in a pick 6. Guess they didnt trust their defense to get another stop.
Now 35-21 and makes it very difficult for the Tigers from Princeton.
Murray just got a pick 6 to go up 35-21, the light is growing dim for Caldwell. On a personal note I love it, I think my Mayfield Cardinals have a much more favorable match up against Murray.

There is a fat lady standing behind the east end zone, she appears to be warming up her focal cords and is planning to sing

That chubby gal has been ask to halt the warm up, Caldwell is threating, TD Caldwell. 35-27 with pending int, that is good! 35-28!

Chubby gal is warming up again, after Murray recovers on side kick, under a minute left 35-28 Murray

Murray punts and Caldwell get the chance for a miracle with the ball at their own 20
58 seconds for Caldwell to go 80 yards

facemask after a sack gives Caldwell new hope near midfield with 34 seconds

Somebody needs to teach the Caldwell players how to get out of bounds in critical time situations. Ball at Murray 44 with 11 seconds.
FINAL Murray 35 Caldwell County 28

HERE KITTY, KITTY....
Sack on 4th down prevents a Hail Mary attempt. Great game by both teams, congrats to Murray.
Murray 35-28
If your Murray, you have to be delighted to advance but then there is that feeling in the gut of knowing where you have to go next. 25 attempts in a row have resulted in 25 straight losses and only 2 wins in the last 52 tries. I bet its a daunting feeling and a huge advantage for my Cards and to sweeten the pot its at War Memorial in Mayfield where visiting teams are more like being at their own funeral than any other place
In other words, they got nothing to lose. Playing with house money.
As a football fan, I'm hoping for a game as good as the 3 teams from that district have given us. Good luck to the Cardinals and Tigers.
Mayfield wins, won’t be as close as the first game, galbreath will be playing, huge difference for the cardinals
Yes, he is a huge difference.