Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIAL: KHSAA Moves Playoffs Back A Week
Hearing rumbling on the twittesphere that the KHsaa is moving the playoffs back a week. I searched it right now, and cannot confirm.

Its been confirmed! 
To add to that. I don’t know what 1 week will do? If anything it will make it even riskier for those teams who don’t have cases.

I feel that if true, there are some ulterior motives behind it.
This would be odd to me. Why would you move it back like you said and risk even more teams having players have to quarantine?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Hound05
(11-07-2020, 10:21 AM)Spud6 Wrote: This would be odd to me. Why would you move it back like you said and risk even more teams having players have to quarantine?
Yep it’s confirmed!!! 

I can’t figure out LEGIT reason. You add more time to the equation, therefore adding more risk of potential exposure. Like any virus, it survives well in the cold and we are heading into late fall?? Haha

the only thing I can think of is if their mindset is “well it’s getting colder so more people won’t get out”. But the forecast looks pretty nice for the future so that shoots that theory. 

I’m telling ya, there’s some hidden agenda behind that one.  If I had to guess, a school who has cases, has someone of power to push it back so they can play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Deuce8
Only thing I can think is they are pushing it back upon Governor's request and then they are ultimately going to cancel the seasons ending.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
That governor better have one hell of a campaign manager next term if so
  • MadScientist94
(11-07-2020, 10:32 AM)Hound05 Wrote: That governor better have one hell of a campaign manager next term if so

Yeah, no shot he wins another term.
#BBFL
Your reason is something I never even considered. But it makes sense. Let another week pass. Get more cases. Cancel!!! And that would suck!! That’s spitting on the face of all those seniors. Especially the ones who will have 1 shot at a title.
  • MadScientist94
I think both Hound05 and Spud6 are correct; there’s an agenda behind this and my money is on the governor. Shame on the KHSAA for being a pawn in his game. Why not issue a statement last week that this was even being considered? I can guarantee you that if teams had known that the playoffs were going to be pushed back that a lot of them would have chosen to play last night. All these kids want to do is play and their opportunity is being taken away by a bunch of “children” with an agenda. Absolutely pathetic.
[-] The following 2 users Like Buffs19's post:
  • Hound05, MadScientist94
Why? Seems like a dumb decision to me
(11-07-2020, 10:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:21 AM)Spud6 Wrote: This would be odd to me. Why would you move it back like you said and risk even more teams having players have to quarantine?
Yep it’s confirmed!!! 

I can’t figure out LEGIT reason. You add more time to the equation, therefore adding more risk of potential exposure. Like any virus, it survives well in the cold and we are heading into late fall?? Haha

the only thing I can think of is if their mindset is “well it’s getting colder so more people won’t get out”. But the forecast looks pretty nice for the future so that shoots that theory. 

I’m telling ya, there’s some hidden agenda behind that one.  If I had to guess, a school who has cases, has someone of power to push it back so they can play.
Trinity ........
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Hound05, Tommy2tone
(11-07-2020, 10:57 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
Yep it’s confirmed!!! 

Trinity ........

Elaborate. What do you mean by Trinity? I don’t follow them where I’m in Eastern KY
#BBFL
Pushing it back a week guarantees any team that was originally going to miss playoffs for quarantine reasons will be good now. (Last night to date of playoffs is two weeks). If I’m a coach I’m telling all my kids to go virtual if they have the option during playoffs.
My guess this season is over. What is one week going to do? The way they have been reporting cases will be even worse that week.

I feel terrible for these kids. What a terrible thing for seniors across this country....sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sportsdadof2's post:
  • MadScientist94
(11-07-2020, 11:00 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Pushing it back a week guarantees any team that was originally going to miss playoffs for quarantine reasons will be good now. (Last night to date of playoffs is two weeks). If I’m a coach I’m telling all my kids to go virtual if they have the option during playoffs.

That’s a very valid point and I hadn’t thought of that. We had a lot of games cancelled in Kentucky yesterday because of covid. An extra week might give them the time to have their 14 days come up.
#BBFL
(11-07-2020, 11:16 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:00 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Pushing it back a week guarantees any team that was originally going to miss playoffs for quarantine reasons will be good now. (Last night to date of playoffs is two weeks). If I’m a coach I’m telling all my kids to go virtual if they have the option during playoffs.

That’s a very valid point and I hadn’t thought of that. We had a lot of games cancelled in Kentucky yesterday because of covid. An extra week might give them the time to have their 14 days come up.

You may see some of the teams that had previously with drawn get back in now.

I just hope this message board isn’t filled with the doom and gloom again like the summer. I was one of those people. But no need to lose hope now. They let the boys play a 9 game season. I think they’ll let them finish.
(11-07-2020, 10:59 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
Yep it’s confirmed!!! 

Trinity ........

Elaborate. What do you mean by Trinity? I don’t follow them where I’m in Eastern KY
Trinity is in quarantine.... 
and someone of power is pushing this back a week so the mighty shamrocks can play ..... Conspiracy theory ??? 
Or facts ? You decide .....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Tommy2tone
(11-07-2020, 11:19 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 11:16 AM)Spud6 Wrote:

You may see some of the teams that had previously with drawn get back in now.

I just hope this message board isn’t filled with the doom and gloom again like the summer. I was one of those people. But no need to lose hope now. They let the boys play a 9 game season. I think they’ll let them finish.
I’m all on the hype train and being positive
#BBFL
  • FootballFan1999
(11-07-2020, 11:27 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 10:59 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
Yep it’s confirmed!!! 

Trinity ........

Trinity is in quarantine.... 
and someone of power is pushing this back a week so the mighty shamrocks can play ..... Conspiracy theory ??? 
Or facts ? You decide .....
Most important team in the state of Kentucky. Very well could be true what you are saying.
#BBFL
  • Deuce8
I’d say James Clay and the rest of the coronabros are rubbing one off right now at this news. Andy Beshear has to be jumping for joy also.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tomcat Pride's post:
  • Deuce8, jetpilot, SayreSpartan2006
Trinity was coming out of quarantine this Thursday. No truth behind what that guy is saying.

However, Calloway County released a statement saying they’re back in it now. Key back to my earlier statement.
Dont like this one bit. Not because i think theres a conspiracy. Not because i think it interferes with basketball start ups, etc. But bc this is just what happened in basketball. Its the tip of the iceberg and i dont think we will see a playoff, imo. God i hope im wrong.
I’m looking to the whole playoffs being cancelled.. I hope not, but that’s how I see it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Tommy2tone
JMO but I think this is just to delay the inevitable. I think we've played our last football games in 2020.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • CowboyDad
(11-07-2020, 11:30 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Trinity was coming out of quarantine this Thursday. No truth behind what that guy is saying.

However, Calloway County released a statement saying they’re back in it now. Key back to my earlier statement.

Thanks for the clarification! But when you saying this Thursday. Do you mean the 12th? Cause itd be hard to play on a Friday when you haven’t practiced or anything in two weeks. 

It really could’ve been they wanted to let as many teams as possible make the decision to come back after they originally opted out of the playoffs.
#BBFL
(11-07-2020, 10:21 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: https://twitter.com/KHSAA

https://khsaa.org/11-07-20-start-of-foot...-one-week/

This might be dumb but could it be a good thing? The statement said that schools and I think communities need to review there protocols and procedures. Maybe if a kid test positive only he has to sit out and not the whole team or both teams if they played each other, that always seemed a little extreme to me. Just trying to put a positive spin on it if there is any.
(11-07-2020, 11:30 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Trinity was coming out of quarantine this Thursday. No truth behind what that guy is saying.

Fake news ....
(11-07-2020, 11:57 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:

Fake news ....
Their twitter page says they were to return late next week and play their Friday game.
#BBFL
  • Deuce8