Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County Investigation
Apparently in Tates Creek vs Pulaski County a parent complained of Pulaski players using racial slurs. Incredibly sad these things are happening in today’s times. The letter is attached.

Thumbnail(s)

Feel free to discuss this issue, but PLEASE refrain from posting any student names or other identifying information on BGR.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 2 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • FootballFan1999, Spud6
Good call Pulp! Hope this is resolved and glad Tates Creek is taking such affirmative action against Pulaski County schools to get to the bottom of it and make it right!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
There is obviously no place for this if true, but with that said, item #3 for their demands on this is never going to happen. There is no possible way for the KHSAA to investigate this or set a precedent outside of the officials speaking up if they witnessed anything. I doubt you will get that as well, if this was as rampant as it is being stated the officials will no doubt not want to go on the record as allowing it to happen.

I definitely commend this parent for asking for the Pulaski County staff to make a wrong into a right, just think they are being a bit out over their skis by thinking it will be lead to anything outside of an internal deal for Pulaski County.

What I will say is there should be a zero tolerance policy for officials that if they hear a blatant racist term or derogatory term they should enforce unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and ejections. This rule should apply regardless of the color of the athlete or coach saying them as well. There are certain words that have no place on the field in a High School game.
(11-02-2020, 04:32 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: There is obviously no place for this if true, but with that said, item #3 for their demands on this is never going to happen. There is no possible way for the KHSAA to investigate this or set a precedent outside of the officials speaking up if they witnessed anything. I doubt you will get that as well, if this was as rampant as it is being stated the officials will no doubt not want to go on the record as allowing it to happen.

I definitely commend this parent for asking for the Pulaski County staff to make a wrong into a right, just think they are being a bit out over their skis by thinking it will be lead to anything outside of an internal deal for Pulaski County.

What I will say is there should be a zero tolerance policy for officials that if they hear a blatant racist term or derogatory term they should enforce unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and ejections. This rule should apply regardless of the color of the athlete or coach saying them as well. There are certain words that have no place on the field in a High School game.

Sadly, this way the same thing I was thinking. An official is never going to say they heard this because then it turns into did you report it the coaching staffs and if so why are we hearing about it after a child tells their parent and the parent is the one to speak up? 

This is just so sad that we are seeing this happen in a high school football game!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I’m far from condoning this at all, but I’m wondering, was it the whole team (which is kind of what the letter is insinuating) or just a couple kids on Pulaski’s team? While it doesn’t make it right Pulaski counties whole team and school system shouldn’t be getting judged because of a couple of immature punks.
(11-02-2020, 05:33 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m far from condoning this at all, but I’m wondering, was it the whole team (which is kind of what the letter is insinuating) or just a couple kids on Pulaski’s team?  While it doesn’t make it right Pulaski counties whole team and school system shouldn’t be getting judged because of a couple of immature punks.
If this is true, very sad! Sportsmanship should be displayed above everything else in games. But I have a feeling this is gonna be a he said, she said type of issue. If the refs heard something that was a racial slur, I think they would have thrown the flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. But some phrases are subjective to those who heard it as well. As we do not know what was actually said, we can’t assume one way or another. I don’t like the “learned” behaviors part of it. Because I know what they were implying. I’ve seen several kids make racist comments, both black and white kids, and I know their parents never taught them that, same with coaches. So that part I wholeheartedly disagree with. Then, unless a player admits to it, there can’t really be any investigation, because it’s one word against another. I really hope this didn’t happen and something that was said was taken the wrong way. But I have a feeling that’s not the case. In the end, PC will probably give a vague apology neither admitting guilt nor really denying it either. The demand list for training probably won’t be met I wouldn’t think. Because unless it was a coach I don’t see what good it will do. But it’s unfortunate that this allegedly happened.
(11-02-2020, 06:40 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 05:33 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’m far from condoning this at all, but I’m wondering, was it the whole team (which is kind of what the letter is insinuating) or just a couple kids on Pulaski’s team?  While it doesn’t make it right Pulaski counties whole team and school system shouldn’t be getting judged because of a couple of immature punks.
If this is true, very sad! Sportsmanship should be displayed above everything else in games. But I have a feeling this is gonna be a he said, she said type of issue. If the refs heard something that was a racial slur, I think they would have thrown the flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. But some phrases are subjective to those who heard it as well. As we do not know what was actually said, we can’t assume one way or another. I don’t like the “learned” behaviors part of it. Because I know what they were implying. I’ve seen several kids make racist comments, both black and white kids, and I know their parents never taught them that, same with coaches. So that part I wholeheartedly disagree with. Then, unless a player admits to it, there can’t really be any investigation, because it’s one word against another. I really hope this didn’t happen and something that was said was taken the wrong way. But I have a feeling that’s not the case. In the end, PC will probably give a vague apology neither admitting guilt nor really denying it either. The demand list for training probably won’t be met I wouldn’t think. Because unless it was a coach I don’t see what good it will do. But it’s unfortunate that this allegedly happened.

There was an apology issued from Coach Hines himself. The article I read said he called the coach of Tates Creek to try and get him numbers of what players said to the Tate’s Creek players. He also called the referees to ask if they heard anything to give him a number but they denied hearing anything.
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Hound05
(11-02-2020, 08:23 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 06:40 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

There was an apology issued from Coach Hines himself. The article I read said he called the coach of Tates Creek to try and get him numbers of what players said to the Tate’s Creek players. He also called the referees to ask if they heard anything to give him a number but they denied hearing anything.
Coach Hines always seemed class act. And I I said earlier, hopefully if the ref heard anything they would call a penalty. But it’s good he apologized so quick!! But that’s also why I disagreed with the sensitivity training for what I’m assuming is the coaching staff.  I wouldn’t think coach Hines would teach his players that way of thinking or even remotely portray that way of thinking. But I’m not going to crucify the players because I have no idea what was said. If it was in fact a racial slur, by all means they need to be punished! And I’m not trying to play the devils advocate or even justify what was said because there should be 100% zero tolerance for this kind of behavior. But if it was what some people call micro aggressions, or something that might have been taken out of context, then that’s needs to be cleared up between those players and everyone involved. But I could be offended by something said and the next person not, so without knowing what was said I’m not going to say one way or another.  I do BELIEVE unfortunately that if what was allegedly said is true, then it was meant to be a racist comment in this particular situation, and the consequences should reflect as such.