5. Danville
5. West Carter
7. Hancock County
8. Murray
9. Owensboro Catholic
10. Breathitt County

Others Receiving Votes
Caldwell County, Middlesboro, Walton Verona, She!by Valley

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
Excellent ranking!
I think #3 and #4 should be flip flopped at the very least
1. Lexington Christian
2. Beechwood
3. Somerset
4. Danville
5. Mayfield
6. West Carter
7. Hancock County
8. Murray
9. Owensboro Catholic
10. Breathitt County

This would be my top 5 rearranged. Somerset is still a top 3 team with a loss to LCA and a loss to Corbin. No Kaiya VS Corbin and a lot of others banged up they are still #3. Danville is turning heads there only losses are to LCA and Somerset. The admirals best performance was a close game with the eagles. They are just unfortunate to be in the hardest district in the state. Mayfield's record speaks well although the scores do not. I have been able to watch all of these teams this year and Mayfield isn't on the top 3s level.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eagle2009's post:
  • MayfieldCardinal
(11-02-2020, 04:00 PM)MayfieldCardinal Wrote: I think #3 and #4 should be flip flopped at the very least
I know this season may not have lived up to Mayfield's standards, but I don't think you'd get any of the top 5 wanting to face them before Kroger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Walt Longmire
LCA is head and shoulders above everyone in 2A, at this time. Somerset has been decimated with injuries and Mayfield isn't fielding a vintage, Mayfield team. In my opinion, Beechwood looks to be a strong contender and could very well be the second best team in 2A at this time. Danville can't be counted out as well, due to them giving LCA, all they wanted and more. After these five teams, West Carter is hands down the best team left in 2A and very well could be a dark horse to make a deep run in the playoffs. Breathitt County isn't a top ten team at this time, but I don't know who I would put in front of them. At the end of the day, I feel like it's LCA's to lose.
(11-03-2020, 03:58 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: LCA is head and shoulders above everyone in 2A, at this time. Somerset has been decimated with injuries and Mayfield isn't fielding a vintage, Mayfield team. In my opinion, Beechwood looks to be a strong contender and could very well be the second best team in 2A at this time. Danville can't be counted out as well, due to them giving LCA, all they wanted and more. After these five teams, West Carter is hands down the best team left in 2A and very well could be a dark horse to make a deep run in the playoffs. Breathitt County isn't a top ten team at this time, but I don't know who I would put in front of them. At the end of the day, I feel like it's LCA's to lose.

LCA is head and shoulders above everyone in 2A?  They only beat Somerset by a touchdown and trailed in the 4th quarter.   Somerset has been banged up the last few weeks  but they should have everyone back for the playoffs.   And I agree that Beechwood should be considered the 2nd best team in 2A.  So if Danville and Somerset can play LCA right down to the wire,  and Beechwood is as good,  or better,  than those 2 teams doesn't it make sense that LCA has been a little bit better than the group of contenders at the top of the class?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Westside
(11-03-2020, 05:03 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 03:58 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: LCA is head and shoulders above everyone in 2A, at this time. Somerset has been decimated with injuries and Mayfield isn't fielding a vintage, Mayfield team. In my opinion, Beechwood looks to be a strong contender and could very well be the second best team in 2A at this time. Danville can't be counted out as well, due to them giving LCA, all they wanted and more. After these five teams, West Carter is hands down the best team left in 2A and very well could be a dark horse to make a deep run in the playoffs. Breathitt County isn't a top ten team at this time, but I don't know who I would put in front of them. At the end of the day, I feel like it's LCA's to lose.

LCA is head and shoulders above everyone in 2A?  They only beat Somerset by a touchdown and trailed in the 4th quarter.   Somerset has been banged up the last few weeks  but they should have everyone back for the playoffs.   And I agree that Beechwood should be considered the 2nd best team in 2A.  So if Danville and Somerset can play LCA right down to the wire,  and Beechwood is as good,  or better,  than those 2 teams doesn't it make sense that LCA has been a little bit better than the group of contenders at the top of the class?
If you read my statement correctly, I stated "at this time" LCA is head and shoulders above everyone in 2A. Somerset isn't healthy "at this time", but if they can get healthy for the playoffs, they have a good chance at beating LCA. I believe LCA overlooked Danville and didn't play up to their standards. As I said before, LCA is the team to beat, in my opinion.
(11-03-2020, 05:21 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 05:03 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

If you read my statement correctly, I stated "at this time" LCA is head and shoulders above everyone in 2A. Somerset isn't healthy "at this time", but if they can get healthy for the playoffs, they have a good chance at beating LCA. I believe LCA overlooked Danville and didn't play up to their standards. As I said before, LCA is the team to beat, in my opinion.
LCA also hasn’t been healthy either. Hasn't star receiver Xavier Brown been out the last couple of games?
I'm not too sure Beechwood isn't the #1 team right now. They certainly aren't head and shoulders below LCA, perhaps a nod, but, that's about it. There schedule has been brutal, also, so, they'll be well prepared for a playoff run. Not convinced Danville deserves to be in Top 5, but, not sure who I'd put ahead of them. I still believe Murray and Caldwell are Top 10 talented teams. Between them 2 and Mayfield, there's not a lot of separation, imo. Mayfield beat both by 1 point and one of those in OT while Caldwell lost in OT to Murray and by 1 to Mayfield, so, they're all about even.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KYHSFBFan's post:
  • WestCarterComet
I don't think you can put Beechwood over LCA right now. LCA has a harder schedule beating 3 #1 ranked teams in their respected classes. I do hope we see these two play in a bit over a month.
(11-05-2020, 04:07 PM)KYHSFBFan Wrote: I'm not too sure Beechwood isn't the #1 team right now. They certainly aren't head and shoulders below LCA, perhaps a nod, but, that's about it. There schedule has been brutal, also, so, they'll be well prepared for a playoff run. Not convinced Danville deserves to be in Top 5, but, not sure who I'd put ahead of them. I still believe Murray and Caldwell are Top 10 talented teams. Between them 2 and Mayfield, there's not a lot of separation, imo. Mayfield beat both by 1 point and one of those in OT while Caldwell lost in OT to Murray and by 1 to Mayfield, so, they're all about even.

Lca is 7-1 vs top 7000
Beechwood is 3-2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Cobraxx
LCA is very good. It’s scary how many good athletes they have at every position on offense and defense. And then their kickers are both great as well which can win you ball games.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL