Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lexington Christian 35 Pikeville 13
Final from LCA

Close game in the first half. Pikeville drops a interception before half that would've kept this one 7-6 at the half, LCA scores a few plays later and took a 14-6 lead into the half. Eagles got the ball to start the second half and put up another 6 points to take a 21-6 lead and it was ALL Lexington Christian after. The lead allowed LCA to blitz McNamee and he took a lot of hits in that second half. Panthers winded up getting exhausted and LCA just kept hammering away.

Pikeville has a really good 1A team, but you can tell they miss some of the playmakers off of last years team. Birchfield and Lockhart are about the only big weapons McNamee has and LCA made adjustments defensively and focused on those two to shut the Panther offense down.

LCA has a very good team that plays very smart football. They'll spread you out and keep the defense on their toes. Quarterback is very accurate and manages that offense extremely well. Brown was also out for LCA in this one.

Congrats Eagles!
Pikeville has a lot of stuff to work on before playoffs.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The Panthers will be fine. This game just made them better. It’s hard to go up against a team like that with pretty much a one day walk through to prepare. Hats off to LCA though. They are a tough nose bunch.

I’d look for both teams to be at Kroger.
Is the Wright kid that's supposed to their next great RB done for the season or is he still playing defense only. Wright and Birchfiield running behind that Line in 21 and 22 will be fun to see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • PHSForever
(10-30-2020, 11:08 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: Is the Wright kid that's supposed to their next great RB done for the season or is he still playing defense only.  Wright and Birchfiield running behind that Line in 21 and 22 will be fun to see.
Didn’t play
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • PHSFAN
(10-30-2020, 11:08 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: Is the Wright kid that's supposed to their next great RB done for the season or is he still playing defense only.  Wright and Birchfiield running behind that Line in 21 and 22 will be fun to see.
He’s done for the year. And missing him on defense is probably singlehandedly changed the whole defensive outlook. Every team since he’s been gone has ran off tackle and threw to the flats and no one is there making plays in the open field when I know Carson would make them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Patriot1
Do they expect him to play in the playoffs or looking like just gonna make sure he's 100% ready to go next year?

(10-30-2020, 11:11 PM)PHSForever Wrote:
Didn’t play

(10-30-2020, 11:15 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
He’s done for the year. And missing him on defense is probably singlehandedly changed the whole defensive outlook. Every team since he’s been gone has ran off tackle and threw to the flats and no one is there making plays in the open field when I know Carson would make them.
That sucks...I expect Pikeville to repeat regardless but him not playing definitely hurts a lot.
This game worries me. If we don’t clean things up we’re looking at a third round exit. Better get it together before playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFarmersMarket's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Expected a close game. Pikeville still wins another title in a very weak Class A, and I mean weakest in decades....
(10-31-2020, 12:02 AM)PHSFarmersMarket Wrote: This game worries me. If we don’t clean things up we’re looking at a third round exit. Better get it together before playoffs.

They gotta find some offense. Lockhart can’t make plays on the RPO seam route and just deep throw up balls. And Birchfield off tackle isn’t working anymore. And the screen plays are recognized and when you have athletes like LCA does on the field, their post recognition and tackling was incredible.
#BBFL
(10-31-2020, 12:19 AM)Spud6 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 12:02 AM)PHSFarmersMarket Wrote: This game worries me. If we don’t clean things up we’re looking at a third round exit. Better get it together before playoffs.

They gotta find some offense. Lockhart can’t make plays on the RPO seam route and just deep throw up balls. And Birchfield off tackle isn’t working anymore. And the screen plays are recognized and when you have athletes like LCA does on the field, their post recognition and tackling was incredible.
Agreed, couldn’t really get anything going. Offense seems one-dimensional
Hats off to Pikeville for taking this game. I know a loss is hard to swallow but you have a great team. Your players, coaches, and fans are a class act. You'll be fine and I think you have a clear shot of winning another state title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cobraxx's post:
  • PHSFarmersMarket
I still think Pikeville is two touchdowns better than anyone in Class A, but this isn't 2019 version of Pikeville. That team had 5 or 6 guys that were difference makers and the 2020 version has 3 as of right now. Film from this game is going to be big going forward, because guys can see where they could've done something different.

I noticed a lot throughout the game that LCA loaded up the box and was showing blitz and I kept waiting for McNamee to call a audible or even call a timeout on some of those plays, but they didn't or I at least didn't notice it and the line ended up either missing a block or didn't have enough guys to pick up the blitz leading to stops in the backfield or incompletions.

However, this game was put together just 24 hours or so ago. So you can't say either team was completely prepared for the other.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-31-2020, 12:19 AM)jetpilot Wrote: Expected a close game. Pikeville still wins another title in a very weak Class A, and I mean weakest in decades....
i agree jet,i know covid has screwed up everything and all teams have to deal with injuries but if the panthers dont improve ,the only way they win it this year is because of  a very weak 1a.making too many mistakes for it to be this close to playoffs
[-] The following 1 user Likes ethand's post:
  • jetpilot
Proud of LCA tonight. The defense was lights out. Pikevilles offensive line had there hands full the entire game. LCA ran to the ball well and finished. The offense played great as well and stayed ahead of the chains most of the night. With that being said Pikeville is a well coached football team and should be a 2-3 touchdown favorite at Kroger this year. Now it’s time to stay healthy and go after those jumpers again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eagle2009's post:
  • BlackcatAlum
(10-30-2020, 10:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Pikeville has a lot of stuff to work on before playoffs.
you are right spud.especially on the offensive side.if they dont improve i can see at least 3 teams giving them some trouble
LCA didn’t even have Xavier Brown. Would’ve been a running clock if they had him
This game is just what they needed...back to work and get ready for the playoffs, good luck to the Panthers...
(10-30-2020, 10:59 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Pikeville has a lot of stuff to work on before playoffs.

Don’t let any Pikeville fans hear ya! You’ll kill their soul! Hehehehehe

(10-31-2020, 01:06 AM)jetpilot Wrote: This game is just what they needed...back to work and get ready for the playoffs, good luck to the Panthers...

Lol!!!! Yep, Nothing to see here with this Pikeville loss fellas, move along, keep it moving! Just what the Dr ordered!
^^^Pikeville had stuff to work on last year too, it worked out...

LCA is as good as advertised. They’ll walk away with 2A this year. Coach Mac and his staff will have our boys ready for the playoffs.

I’m thinking the same thing. They better clean it up!

(10-31-2020, 01:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Pikeville had stuff to work on last year too, it worked out...

Keep downplaying JP. You know it was nothing like this year! ?
Pikeville hadn’t played and it showed. They will be just fine and cruise to another title.
Was able to make it to this game. I counted 3 Pikeville starters out. But folks, LCA is the real deal. Strong, fast, not a ton of 2 way players, etc. Doug Charles may be getting himself a ring this year in 2A and I could not be happier. Quality staff and players. Pikeville got better tonight, loss stings but I think they will be just fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • Glazier
(10-31-2020, 10:36 AM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

I’m thinking the same thing. They better clean it up!

(10-31-2020, 01:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Pikeville had stuff to work on last year too, it worked out...

Keep downplaying JP. You know it was nothing like this year! ?
Not downplaying, losing sucks. But not near as bad as dodging wink wink...

Pikeville lost a fumble inside the LCA 5, threw a pick-6, and if my eyes weren't deceiving me LCA had 2 tipped-ball TDs. But LCA the better team last night pure and simple. With all the new starters Pikeville badly in need of experience, and at least they got some. Plenty of time, Pikeville will look like a world-beater vs. Class A competition in November and December.
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY, PHSForever, SayreSpartan2006
Congrats LCA!
(10-31-2020, 01:27 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Was able to make it to this game. I counted 3 Pikeville starters out. But folks, LCA is the real deal. Strong, fast, not a ton of 2 way players, etc. Doug Charles may be getting himself a ring this year in 2A and I could not be happier. Quality staff and players. Pikeville got better tonight, loss stings but I think they will be just fine.

Pikeville had 3 starters out? Smh Let the excuses begin!
(10-31-2020, 04:10 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 01:27 PM)PHSForever Wrote: Was able to make it to this game. I counted 3 Pikeville starters out. But folks, LCA is the real deal. Strong, fast, not a ton of 2 way players, etc. Doug Charles may be getting himself a ring this year in 2A and I could not be happier. Quality staff and players. Pikeville got better tonight, loss stings but I think they will be just fine.

They did. 4 actually.  

Carson Wright - LB/RB
Josh Taylor - LB
Alex Rogers -DE/RB
Grant Scott - DE/TE

No excuses though. Pikeville will get better as the season rolls on. Lord willing. 

(10-31-2020, 04:10 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

Where’s the excuse? I noted a fact. Worry about your own programs lack of character. At least Pikeville, on one days practice took on 2A #1, Paintsville backed out TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE GAME, lined up Betsy Layne (LOL), then LCC, and took the L. That’s 3 Ls y’all took. No backbone, trying to play BL, and then playing LCC and losing that one. 

But go on, try to make up a story that I was making excuses. It’s absolutely the Paintsville way and I wouldn’t expect any less.
LCA also had 3 starters out. 2 of them probably accounting for close to half of their total points this year.

(10-31-2020, 05:48 PM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:
LCA also had 3 starters out. 2 of them probably accounting for close to half of their total points this year.
Pikeville will still run away with 1a imo. Great, classy team. Was just trying to make a point it was pretty even with both teams missing some key players