Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sayre best team in 1A?
Sayre has come out this year and balled out!! Are they potentially the best team in 1A with a 6-0 record?
No
Butthead voice: Huh huh "Newbies" huh huh huh
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Bull got out!, Gus McCrae, Hurricane Storm
no they are not
No
You gave up 23 to Phelps. Pikeville 3rd string d gave up a late score so no. You are not even in the conversation. Ask KCD how playing a good team last year worked out for them. Congrats on the season you are having so far.
They are good, but not the best in my opinion.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

No Way, Get real Pikeville will run through them like a dose of salts through a widow woman.
[-] The following 2 users Like JustThinking's post:
  • Cobraxx, Gus McCrae
From what I’ve seen they are not a bad offensive team, but the defense is not very good. Paintsville and Pikeville would both beat them by 3+ TD’s imo.
Top 10 but not even close to #1.
(10-22-2020, 11:35 AM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote: Sayre has come out this year and balled out!! Are they potentially the best team in 1A with a 6-0 record?
Having a wonderful season, but no. Not even in the stratosphere of being #1. Depending on their draw, first or second round exit.
Sayre fans should be super excited about how far they have developed in such a short time.

With that said...

They would get running clocked by Pikeville and Paintsville this year.
until they come East and play pikeville Raceland paintsville and Hazard and win a ballgame then NO. they are coming east this year to play in Westwood, but the eagles are not anything they used to be. its actually sad, but sayre and coach pennington will be in the eagles nest in Nov. Covid permitted
Against the teams they’re playing they’ve done a fine job this year and should be proud of their season but the top few teams in 1A are just on another level. As of this moment it’s Paintsville and Pikeville’s race unless something crazy happens.
Sayre is a joke shut up. They haven't played anyone
I have them currently #14 and a 48-7 underdog vs Pikeville.
Sayre who???????????

I read this thinking it was a advertisement for bacon.

Sayre? LOL

They are off to a good start but saying Sayre is the best team in 1A is like saying the Alaska woodpeckers are gonna win the college football playoff.
SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:Sayre has come out this year and balled out!! Are they potentially the best team in 1A with a 6-0 record?

Please.   No way
(10-22-2020, 11:35 AM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote: Sayre has come out this year and balled out!! Are they potentially the best team in 1A with a 6-0 record?

Them Sayre Spartans are like a bull in a China shop they have a very good coaching staff and a high powered offense and defense. NO QUESTION they are the best
[-] The following 1 user Likes BeechWoodTiger88's post:
  • SayreSpartan2006
If I’m not mistaken Sayre will play Pikeville First round of the playoffs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bac2369's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(10-22-2020, 05:43 PM)bac2369 Wrote: If I’m not mistaken Sayre will play Pikeville First round of the playoffs.

Sayre will get to find out just how they stack up first round then!
It will look cool to see Sayre and Pikeville on the field together. They are going to be very good at the rate they are going, but this year they are going to get a quick spanking and sent back home.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHSForever
(10-22-2020, 06:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote: It will look cool to see Sayre and Pikeville on the field together.  They are going to be very good at the rate they are going, but this year they are going to get a quick spanking and sent back home.

I know it sounds weird but I agree with your comment JP! ?. Good lord I’ll never get that taste outta my mouth from speaking those words!
[-] The following 2 users Like Blue_Bird96's post:
  • jetpilot, PHSForever
^^^Haha BB I am perfectly fine with Paintsville 364 days a year!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Really good QB which will win you a bunch of games. The complete team still needs work which is understandable for a new program
(10-22-2020, 08:07 PM)kywvfan Wrote: Really good QB which will win you a bunch of games. The complete team still needs work which is understandable for a new program
Against average competition. Pikeville and Paintsville are not average for 1A. I think the original poster has a steak appetite on a Manwich budget.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSForever's post:
  • jetpilot
Impressive moving fast in a short time, but come to Hambley and the Panthers will be more than glad to clock your tails for an early exit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot
^^^It's not their fault, they probably think all Class A is like the teams they've been whipping up on...
Yeah... I remember my first beer...
[-] The following 3 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Elite Eagle, jetpilot, PHSFarmersMarket
I see this program being another LCA. It took a few years to get off the ground but eventually they will draw in the good talent around Lex and become tough out. As far as this year goes, this is a great startup season to build on but I don’t think anyone can realistically expect a championship in year 1.

(10-22-2020, 09:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^It's not their fault, they probably think all Class A is like the teams they've been whipping up on...
With the exception of 3-4 teams that’s not totally wrong.  Class A is horribly weak and could use better depth from the top.  I honestly wouldn’t mind seeing Mayfield and Beechwood come back.  Granted it would make things tougher for the teams in the East but at least it won’t be easy like it is now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • jetpilot