Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 41 Russell 7
Final

Congrats Ashland
Ashland 4 turnovers 3 INTS one in the end zone and a fumble inside the 10.
14-7 at the half Ashland scores on a 10 yard short field and a double pass Russell has bad clock management to end the first half ends 1st half on Ashland’s 20. Second half was dominated by Ashland
Russell was simply outclassed in all aspects tonight. Ashland looks like they will be a tough out come playoff time.
I expect if they meet again the game will be closer if Russell gets healthy. Will they Make up enough ground to beat Ashland? That is the question.  If they could play 2 good halfs instead of just one it's possible. Ashland will be tough out for any team in 3a in the playoffs.
4 turnovers for the tomcats and a 34 point win?! My goodness.
Congrats to Ashland on this win. They continue to be solid this year.

Tough loss for Russell but I’d say this would be a much closer game with Nathan Conley and a couple of the other key players for Russell out there. Hope we can see these two meet in the playoffs with everyone healthy.
This was a strange game for Russell tonight. Russell could have scored at the end of the 1st half and either could have tied it at 14-14 or 14-10 but missed the FG. The 2nd half was even more strange for this Russell team tonight. They get 4 turnovers tonight but everytime Russell got the Turnover that gave it right back to Ashland and Ashland quickly scored. This game would have been a better game if Russell could have capitalized on the Turnovers especially in 2nd half.

We knew with Conley and 3 or 4 others out with Injuries would be a much tougher game vs. Ashland. I am not taking anything away from Ashland but Nathan Conley is like Pittman for Ashland key player for each team. I don't believe Russell was outclassed tonight by Ashland when Russell had the ball inside 10 at the close of 1st half and could have tied it up 14-14. The 2nd half yes was worst half I had seen Russell play in last couple of seasons. We get Turnovers and could have capitalized big time and Russell would just give it right back to Ashland. Then Ashland would quickly go in for the score.

This will be a different Russell team if we can get Nathan Conley and the 3 or 4 injured players back before the 2nd week of the Playoffs. I think we all knew coming in without Nathan Conley this would be almost impossible to come out of Ashland with a win. Conley brings so much not only to Running game this year but also receiving this year. Then on top of that Conley is one of the best defensive players for Russell. This hurt big time not having Conley on the Field tonight for Russell plus the other injured players. We just need to get healthy before Playoffs and come back to Ashland with a healthy team and hopefully a win. It will be still a tough game being the game will once again be at Putnam where it is hard for any team to walk out with a Win.

Is Russell not playing now for 2 weeks with East Carter being out for 2 weeks because of the Covid-19? Will Russell not play until October 30 vs. West Carter and will the Russell vs. East Carter game be rescheduled since it is a District game? East Carter also missed tonight's game with Greenup County so that is 2 games in the District that East Carter missed. How will these games be handled for District Play and for the Playoffs for these teams in District 7?
Russell will be the 2 seed based on having a higher rpi than East. Yes Russell is looking for a game. I think they are not allowed to go to Red Counties. Not sure who's rule that is. That is just what TJ said. If Russell finds a game I will post. The East Carter regular season game won't be played from what I understand.
Who knows we might be red ourselves based on the map soon. Greeenup County is at 23.6 and if you hit 25 you go red. I hope GC doesn't go red.
Kittens have played well all year. Can they sink the Pirates?