Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
East Carter shuts down football for two weeks
East Carter has had to shut down all football operations for 2 weeks after a player test positive for COVID yesterday. So their game this Friday vs Greenup Co. and the Oct. 23 game with Russell will not be played as of now for sure.
At least its not for some stupid map that is not connected to the team or reality.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Runrunrun
The fact that anything is getting shut down over a virus with a 99.96% recovery rate is asinine. If someone wants to hide and not come out, by all means let them stay in their basements and hide. For those of us that want to live normally and watch our kids play sports. LET US!
[-] The following 3 users Like fewfirstchoice's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Jarons, Ralph Furley
(10-13-2020, 03:52 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: At least its not for some stupid map that is not connected to the team or reality.
I know it is sad soccer district's started this week and I know Morgan Co. girls and guys played all season and because they are as of Sunday in the Red those kids are out of post season play with to my knowledge with no one on either team having tested positive for the virus.
Ashland missed 2 games too start the season with Covid and playing East last week isn’t good at all.
East Carter played Betsy Layne on 10/1. The very next day (10/2) Betsy Layne's football team was placed on a 14 day quarantine because a cheerleader tested positive and the football team had to quarantine also because of contact tracing.

Might not be related, but the timeline is interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlackcatAlum's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
Sounds like they shut down all sports. Saw a post about the soccer team being forced to miss district tournament because of it.
Seen on Wkyt were Fredrick Douglas had a player test positive- Can almost bet they aren't shutting down unless someone makes them. Totally a football school.
(10-15-2020, 10:00 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Seen on Wkyt were Fredrick Douglas had a player test positive- Can almost bet they aren't shutting down unless someone makes them. Totally a football school.

Game has been cancelled.
(10-15-2020, 10:00 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Seen on Wkyt were Fredrick Douglas had a player test positive- Can almost bet they aren't shutting down unless someone makes them. Totally a football school.
The player who tested positive was not involved in a full practice and they have been cleared to continue by the Fayette Co. dept of health. It was also okayed by Scott Co. dept. of health as well. However the game at Great Crossing was cancelled by the Superintendent and Great Crossing won't attempt to make up game unless Scott Co. defeats Douglass on Oct. 30. Douglass will play on Friday if they can find a team that would play tomorrow or Sat. no luck so far.

My understanding from the email from the KHSAA unless Scott Co is in the red this goes as a forfeit. The game probably won’t be made up I’m sure.
(10-15-2020, 03:30 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
The player who tested positive was not involved in a full practice and they have been cleared to continue by the Fayette Co. dept of health. It was also okayed by Scott Co. dept. of health as well. However the game at Great Crossing was cancelled by the Superintendent and Great Crossing won't attempt to make up game unless Scott Co. defeats Douglass on Oct. 30. Douglass will play on Friday if they can find a team that would play tomorrow or Sat. no luck so far.

My understanding from the email from the KHSAA unless Scott Co is in the red this goes as a forfeit. The game probably won’t be made up I’m sure.

It's highly unlikely but could happen since they play each other so much. If Scott Co beats FD(assuming Scott and FD both beat Montgomery Co), wouldn't they have to make the Great Crossing game up and have to cancel there game with St.X? I heard that somewhere, could be wrong.
So, how does East Carter handle the Greenup County and Russell games since they are District games. Will they make-up these games later and when would that happen for East Carter playing Greenup & Russell?

Is Russell not playing now for 2 weeks with East Carter being out for 2 weeks because of the Covid-19? Will Russell not play until October 30 vs. West Carter and will the Russell vs. East Carter game be rescheduled since it is a District game? East Carter also missed tonight's game with Greenup County so that is 2 games in the District that East Carter missed. How will these games be handled for District Play and for the Playoffs for these teams in District 7?