Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pikeville vs Hazard
Who you got? Does Pikeville roll big again? Does Hazard surprise Pikeville?
Pikeville rolls big!
Hazard is going to be down for a long long time IMO unless they land a big time coach or someone that can can bring in respectable athletes. They lost mark Dixon because he's home grown perry. He's where he should have been all along. & what he done there will not be matched for a while.

PWith that being said, if pikeville allows hazard 10+ points y'all lost my respect for the year as representive powerhouses of east ky
& I'm not sorry
Pikeville is still going thru some growing pains.

Pikeville 48
Hazard 12
Pikeville by 24. Not your normal Hazard team
Pikeville can win this game but buy how many is up to them. I have seen both sides of them, sometimes looking like the powerhouse than can be or not so much at times. I know that is because they are young and they really haven’t played that many games together yet and if you watch their games the coaching staff is still moving kids around to try and find the right pieces. I thing I do know the coaching staff has been threw this before and they will figure it out. Pikeville is loaded with talent, Issac,Nate,Landon,Lockhart,Blake, Taylor and the twins and some more I know I am leaving out but to me those have stood out. So the rest of them need to step up and start playing like they are capable of and we have seen signs of it at times but not consistent. If they do I feel the championship could be were they end up at,now who they meet there is not know yet but that’s up to a RPI theme high school football is playing by. I also think losing Carson was a big hit because that was one position that was solid, but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
Ya know what guys?
I'm calling it.

Hazard WILL not score!

Pikeville- 49
Hazard-0
Running clock early and Hazard gets a late score. I'll go with same score as last week, 54-6.
Really thought another title was 99% assured until Wright went out. Now down to 50% but have to be healthy and keep RPI up to have home field throughout...JMO and GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae
Hazard will rise again but not this year.

Pikeville 56
Hazard 13
Pikeville.. BIG
Imo, JV get's to seee more action this week. Varsity will have a running clock before halftime. Pikeville big and hoping for an injury free game.
Panthers- 51
Dawgs - 12
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
I expect a running clock in this one. Bulldawgs has fallen on hard times. It's tough to see tradition rich schools go through this, and it's so much better for opponents to play a strong team than not. Agree, JV will see an amount of time in this game too. Good luck for an injury free game for both schools. Panthers 48 Bulldawgs 6
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • jetpilot
Im sure the old Hazard boys will help Pikeville against their old team. Sayer twins and Braydon Thomas would help any team. Hail Pikeville
^Sayers boys never attended Hazard did they? Regardless, funny for Hazard fan to mention transfers. Thomas does look like a pretty darn good player.
Sayers went to Hazard Middle School for a while. 2 or 3 years I think.
^I believe they played JH in Letcher Co, but could be mistaken. Thomas scored a TD on his first carry as a Panther and had a 51 yard run on his only other carry.

I want Hazard to get their mojo back very soon. E Ky football and especially 1A football in the east are much better when Hazard is a force.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae, PHS DYNASTY
Will Wymt show this one? They did last year and it seems like they’ve shown the same games as last year.
All Pikeville home games are broadcast by Mountain Top Media on Pay per View.
(10-11-2020, 01:39 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Running clock early and Hazard gets a late score. I'll go with same score as last week, 54-6.
Really thought another title was 99% assured until Wright went out. Now down to 50% but have to be healthy and keep RPI up to have home field throughout...JMO and GO PANTHERS!!!
Going to dial this back a little. I've been hearing Max Johnson from Hazard is going to be very good. They put him in the backfield vs. Somerset and he had a huge game running the ball and making catches. Don't know if it was vs Somerset 1st team or not. Going to be cold and wet also.

Pikeville 38
Hazard 14
Pikeville by 17+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Game could be closer than some think. Hazard played Somerset very tough for a half. It was 23-13 late in the second quarter...

https://www.somerset-kentucky.com/sports/somerset-knocks-off-hazard-to-stay-undefeated/article_aaf71657-fedb-566d-89a4-2a9cd8785968.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
I say Pikeville should use starter entire game no matter the score. if out of hand practice fundamentals and routes just in case this is last game until playoffs
(10-16-2020, 04:02 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Game could be closer than some think. Hazard played Somerset very tough for a half. It was 23-13 late in the second quarter...

https://www.somerset-kentucky.com/sports/somerset-knocks-off-hazard-to-stay-undefeated/article_aaf71657-fedb-566d-89a4-2a9cd8785968.html#utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

True. Panthers need to pay NO attention to their winless record. They have playmakers with some size as well. Their front five are NOT small either.( QB Miller) is  solid. He's no Isaac McNamee but again he's solid. No. 3  Turner, runs the ball very well either out of the slot or otherwise.  No. 61 Caudill is one of the leading tacklers on D. Imo, Panthers will win by a comfortable margin, but don't overlook Hazard.