Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central 75 Perry Co. Central 24
Eagles keep rolling along.
Yeah, it wasn’t as close as the score indicates. :-)
Congrats JC!
We know, we know. "Perry's points came from JC jv/fresh" pshhhh I'd give anything to strap again for this year... Congrats JC
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oledad92's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Hard to score 75 with running clock
Perry didn't score on JVs varsity but they did muster up a few first downs. I think JC could scored 200 points if they wanted to.
How can a school the size of Perry Co. Central be that bad?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bob Seger's post:
  • MaroonPancakes
(10-10-2020, 05:06 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: How can a school the size of Perry Co. Central be that bad?
Weight room laziness
(10-10-2020, 05:06 AM)Bob Seger Wrote: How can a school the size of Perry Co. Central be that bad?
Years of poor coaching and support from the administration. That is true of most schools in the state of Kentucky. There is a wide gap between the haves and the have nots when it comes to football coaches. Kentucky is not a football state.

Johnson Central's district schedule is a good illustration of the difference that a great head coach with strong support from the community and administration can have. Before the class realignment, JC had only one district opponent, Ashland, that provided competitive games. In their current district, it looks doubtful that any of its district team will avoid a running clock loss to the Golden Eagles. Schools with similar enrollment should not be seeing running first half clocks.

The unwillingness of teams to play JC when they had an open date shows how poorly most teams are coached. If Belfry and Johnson Central had open dates, I cannot imagine that Coach Matney and Coach Haywood would turn down a chance to play rather than stay home on a Friday night. That is just a measure of their confidence in themselves and in their players. They know that their teams will not embarass themselves on the field, win or lose.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Oledad92, Pulp Fiction
(10-10-2020, 12:34 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Perry didn't score on JVs varsity but they did muster up a few first downs.  I think JC could scored 200 points if they wanted to.
Actually they had 2 yds of offense on the varsity.
People may not want to believe there is a correlation between middle school football and high school success.  After being involved  with middle school football for many years it was easy to see the correlation.  When middle school teams started refusing to play teams that were good and only picking up games with average or bad teams to get wins and being content with a first or second round loss in middle school playoff or not entering playoffs  you could see high school problems coming down the road.  I could list numerous schools and you can judge from my post about the above question.
Thomcat,

The irony of your post isn’t lost on any Belfry fans.
They had a first down or two against most of their first string guys. They were pass plays. JC needs to play a National Schedule and go play IMG Academy, Trinity, GCL teams. If you guys want competition, its out there baby. Im sure Valdosta, GA would would welcome the Mountain Boys to come down South.
(10-10-2020, 02:02 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: They had a first down or two against most of their first string guys.  They were pass plays.  JC needs to play a National Schedule and go play IMG Academy, Trinity, GCL teams.  If you guys want competition, its out there baby.  Im sure Valdosta, GA would would welcome the Mountain Boys to come down South.
Yeah.... while we're at it, let's schedule Clemson, LSU, KC Chiefs & the 1972 Miami Dolphins.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Oledad92
Might as well pulp. All I heard from JC fans was nobody will play us. You guys have a good team. I say schedule Trinity. They are playing North Laurel.
Nah what y'all really wanna see is a Johnson central vs Boyle match up. JC is chasing a state win streak record on bearing average teams. No disrespect to JC but yall got to get outside that comfort zone. You done proved yourselfs against most of the talent around here. So go out prowling and souring the skies and I guarantee you will run into someone to challenge you. Given respect to the players future college careers

Then again we better watch what we say this thread might get closed an certain ones only post on it lol...
(10-11-2020, 12:46 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: Nah what y'all really wanna see is a Johnson central vs Boyle match up. JC is chasing a state win streak record on bearing average teams. No disrespect to JC but yall got to get outside that comfort zone. You done proved yourselfs against most of the talent around here. So go out prowling and souring the skies and I guarantee you will run into someone to challenge you. Given respect to the players future
Believe you might be surprised who turned down JC for games this year. Not Trinity, but a couple other top state programs. And we offered to come play on the road this season. Trust me, we went hunting. You saw the state rules just like we did. Can't go hunting games in faraway states. Nobody in nearby border counties wanted any either. Other than Trinity, nobody here wanted to talk games with JC. That's the realism.
(10-10-2020, 01:18 PM)THOMCAT Wrote:
People may not want to believe there is a correlation between middle school football and high school success.  After being involved  with middle school football for many years it was easy to see the correlation.  When middle school teams started refusing to play teams that were good and only picking up games with average or bad teams to get wins and being content with a first or second round loss in middle school playoff or not entering playoffs  you could see high school problems coming down the road.  I could list numerous schools and you can judge from my post about the above question.

I’d never seen it phrased as well as you have, what makes it worse is when kids make it to high school and this continues even when they have the talent to compete at a higher level.

(10-11-2020, 01:49 AM)Diogenes Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 12:46 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: Nah what y'all really wanna see is a Johnson central vs Boyle match up. JC is chasing a state win streak record on bearing average teams. No disrespect to JC but yall got to get outside that comfort zone. You done proved yourselfs against most of the talent around here. So go out prowling and souring the skies and I guarantee you will run into someone to challenge you. Given respect to the players future
Believe you might be surprised who turned down JC for games this year. Not Trinity, but a couple other top state programs. And we offered to come play on the road this season. Trust me, we went hunting. You saw the state rules just like we did. Can't go hunting games in faraway states. Nobody in nearby border counties wanted any either. Other than Trinity, nobody here wanted to talk games with JC. That's the realism.

Completely understand this and have no doubts especially under the COVID restrictions how much of a pain in the a$$ it must be. It’s unfortunately the price to be paid for being so immensely talented the flip side is without being challenged it could potentially lead to a team sneaking up on you in the playoffs.
I would love to see Johnson central and Pikeville start playing. I think Johnson central would win that game by 3 TDS but still would be better than the games they are playing. I can’t understand why in the world Johnson central and Paintsville don’t play. You have a state championship team and state runner up in the same town and they don’t play?
(10-11-2020, 12:08 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: I would love to see Johnson central and Pikeville start playing. I think Johnson central would win that game by 3 TDS but still would be better than the games they are playing. I can’t understand why in the world Johnson central and Paintsville don’t play. You have a state championship team and state runner up in the same town and they don’t play?

Johnson ran clock last year on belfry what do you think they’d do to Paintsville? That game helps paintsville zero.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • HighViz
(10-11-2020, 12:46 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 12:08 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: I would love to see Johnson central and Pikeville start playing. I think Johnson central would win that game by 3 TDS but still would be better than the games they are playing. I can’t understand why in the world Johnson central and Paintsville don’t play. You have a state championship team and state runner up in the same town and they don’t play?

Johnson ran clock last year on belfry what do you think they’d do to Paintsville? That game helps paintsville zero.
I've seen some shockers in my day so that don't matter to me what they would try and do its what they can. But Most likely fellas they don't play each other could be the same reason hazard and perry don't play anymore. Too roudy. Fights breaking out, no good for the game.
I'd put JC against anyone in the state but there is a few teams I think would give them a scare.

What's JCs win streak now?
  • FootballFan1999
I believe it is 19 games.
I think Paintsville could compete with JC.
(10-11-2020, 05:39 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I think Paintsville could compete with JC.

I think the Cincinnati Bengals could too.
Yeah & let's not forget the sclsu Mudd dogs. Bobby boucher could stop 'em! why hes the best tackler I've seen since Joe Montana!
  • Jarons
(10-11-2020, 05:39 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I think Paintsville could compete with JC.
A Paintsville JC game would end in a running clock. Paintsville is better than most of the teams on JC's schedule, so I don't think that the running clock would take effect until early to late 3rd quarter. Paintsville has a very good 1A program but JC has a very good 4A program and Jim Matney's system is built to take advantage of the Golden Eagles' size and depth advantage that they enjoy in almost every game.

I hope you're joking. The game would be competitive until the opening kickoff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stay focused JC, let the haters hate and keep moving down the road.
I didn't say Paintsville can beat them but they wouldnt score on every play like they did against Perry. Paintsville has some pretty dang good kids. Harris Phelps is as prettg dang good. Their line is solid. Wouldnt surprise me to see two Champions in Johnson County this year.
When I played high school football our cross county rivals was a much bigger school that had almost 4 times the enrollment we did and yes they beat us most of the time and sometimes really bad but being the small school when we did win it was great. The whole community looked foward to this game every year and there was over 5,000 fans at this game every season. Manny years we played over our head and kept it close when we had no business in the game. To me there is nothing like county rivalries and even if you lose every season it will make it so sweet when you do win one.Painstville would have as good as shot as any mountain beating Johnson Central this year.