Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 Back with 30 to Play
Any chance the Reds can make a run for the Central division? They have won 4 straight but have some big games coming up. It will be a tough battle but they have the NL's best record since Mackanin became the skipper.
shew.....at least now i know i'm not the ONLY one been thinkin crazy stuff and even keepin an eye on that number.
im hoping and wishing cause the nl central has beat each other to death all season long
ha...we are probably the only 2 though.
Guys its going to be hard to overtake 3 teams in that short of time. But Im watching it with ya out the corner of my eye.....lol
its now down to 7.5
hehehe

:Wave:
All according to if the pitchers step up and just pitch AVERAGE baseball!
Hey..MY beloved Pirates are playing as well as anybody, and they're only 9 games out!! If we could finish the season out playing the Astros every game, we'd win it!, lol
i think we may actually creep up and get into 2nd or 3rd, even though i still believe the cubs will win the division.
If they keep winning, and win down the last stretch of the schedule they'll deff have a chance.They play Cubs,Cards,Brewers all 6 more times.So they keep winning they deff got a chance...Go REDS!!!!
Confusedhh: psssst.......but if d-backs hold cubs in the 8th and 9th, the number will be 6.5.....with brewers losing today as well.

i say, go ahead and get your thread title edit button ready, Beef!!!
maybe this is gonna be easier than we thought!!! :relaxing:

hahaha
6 in a row baby!! A sweep of the Pirates on Tuesday would be great!
If the pitching steps up, anything can happen, and Shearn looked good in his first ever start tonight.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
so you still over in australia, Beef? if so, seen any of those DINGOs that someone on here warned ya about?!!
that was a classic post in my opinion. i still laff about it.Smile
Ring'Em Up Wrote:so you still over in australia, Beef? if so, seen any of those DINGOs that someone on here warned ya about?!!

That was me that warned Beef to look out for dingoes... Smile

Anyway, I am just so pumped up about this team right now! I think this division is right there for the taking, especially with 18 games left against the 3 teams in front of us. We just need to continue to go out there and take care of business. At least going 3-1 in this series with the Pirates would be nice.

Is it wrong to be this excited about a team that sits 10 games under .500?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check the scores everyday on espn.com myself guys and keeping my fingers crossed. If they keep playing the way they are they have a real ligit shot. Just need to keep taking it one game at a time.
If we continue on this hot streak, I think we will be at 4 or 3 games back within a week and a half. If we can get to that point, who knows what could happen.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Guys its going to be hard to overtake 3 teams in that short of time. But Im watching it with ya out the corner of my eye.....lol

It would be so awesome if they prove me wrong. C'mon boys.....keep those W's coming.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:so you still over in australia, Beef? if so, seen any of those DINGOs that someone on here warned ya about?!!
Dingos are the greatest animals! I am going to have to get one as a pet.

And the Reds lost game 1 today to drop to 7 back with 31 to play....:ChairHit:
Drop both games to the pirates....not something that can be done. I say its over now.
What the heck was Mackanin thinking, taking Arroyo out after 6 innings? He had pitched well, only 1 run, and the team was ahead 2-1. He had only thrown 80 pitches and he could have easily gone 2 more innings.

I know that after the game they will spin it that they are planning on bringing him back to pitch on Saturday on 3 days' rest, so he needed a short night. That's bull. Bronson has pitched on short rest previously this season, even after throwing a normal amount of pitches the game before, without any problem. Heck, he's even said he prefers to go on short rest. And why would you take a chance on blowing a game you're leading (which they ended up doing) by taking him out, just to have a better chance to win this Saturday? Seems to me a win is a win.

Finally, my last point of this rant is that it was ridiculous to take him down for a pinch-hitter in the top of the 7th. It would have been acceptable if they had runners on base, and you send up Griffey or Hamilton with a chance to extend the lead for Bronson. Instead, you have bases empty, 1 out, and send up Jason freakin' Ellison to hit. This guy shouldn't even be on the team, I believe we had a better chance of getting a hit with Bronson batting.

I guess my rant's over. I'm just frustrated that they let one get away that should never have happened.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Oh Well. GO CUBBIES!!!!
they still have games left with all the teams 7 st.louis, 6 brewers, 6 cubs, 3 Houston, 4 SF, AND 3 New York Mets so they still have a chance.
As an addendum to my rant from yesterday, I guess I should mention that Arroyo today stated that he was 'gassed' after 6 innings and asked to be taken out. I don't know if that's completely true, but if so it's pretty bad when your no. 2 starter gets tired after 80 pitches. Very disappointing to lose a game that should have been won.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If we can move ahead of St. Louis by the end of the year I would say that it has been a successful ending to what looked like another abismal season. Also, when looking at it like that, if we can jump the Cards then the Brewers and the Cubs would not be far in front. Come on Reds
After today's games, the Reds still sit at 7 games out, but have crept closer to 2nd and 3rd place. They now trail the Brewers by 2 1/2 and the Cards by 3. Big series this weekend against St. Louis...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Really big. I think that we will get two of them. Hopefully be around 5 games behind by the end of the weekend.