Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 42- Hazard 13
Without Grundy dressed pulled out the win, but also got a lot of injuries tonight. Somerset played a lot of underclassmen starting 3rd. Penalties were down, clean game with questionable calls both ways, but that's football. Hopefully the Jumpers can heal up this week.
(10-03-2020, 12:17 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: Without Grundy dressed pulled out the win, but also got a lot of injuries tonight. Somerset played a lot of underclassmen starting 3rd. Penalties were down, clean game with questionable calls both ways, but that's football. Hopefully the Jumpers can heal up this week.

The recap that I read said the Somerset had over 10 penalties for more than 100 yards for the 4th game in a row.  Is that incorrect?  

Hopefully the injuries aren't too bad.  The Jumpers need all hands on deck and to cut out the penalties to have a chance the next two weeks.  They're getting ready to take a big step up in competition.
I was told 8 from a coach. Either way even 10 is getting better. Lol ? seriously it's stupid penalties, and at least 2 questionable. I didnt know about the come around block or something like that. DL only jump 2 times I think it was the big issue last week. I do feel it's getting better. As far as injuries they'll be fine. 42 pts without Grundy is a good sign as well. OL looked better as in the younger ones did much better. Hopefully starting to click. The two senior lineman both got hurt, but will be back next week I'm told.

What I mean by stupid penalties they've been hard hussle, or just bonehead plays that the players are smarter than to make. It'll work itself out, or tell get sent home in playoffs.
I be watched football my entire life and the first half of this game was the worst officiated I’ve seen. Somerset has got a very good team and probably didn’t need any help with hazard but they sure got it. On somersets first score when they went for it on 4th down they came up about a yard short but the official said first down and somerset scored on the next play. I could go on and on. At half it should have been 15-13 somerset. Targeting call was terrible,spots were awful, waiving a flag and did for obvious holding, not calling illegal motion on the goal line when the entire line moved, and a roughing the kicker call that was the worst I’ve ever seen, and whoever the clock keeper is was the worst, didn’t know when to go to 40 seconds and 25. When somerset blocked a field goal and a somerset player kicked the ball about 30 yards which is illegal. It was terrible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hitter's post:
  • Deuce8
So apparently Hazard brought they're officials  down tonight from the game last year. Lol

Or you should be happy they got 13 because of a pass interference that was completely uncatchable on a kid that feel into his legs. It's high school, gotta love it.
(10-03-2020, 03:15 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: So apparently Hazard brought they're officials  down tonight from the game last year. Lol

Or you should be happy they got 13 because of a pass interference that was completely uncatchable on a kid that feel into his legs. It's high school, gotta love it.

No such thing as uncatchable in regards to pass interference in high school.  All that is required is that a defensive player impede an eligible receiver's attempt to catch a ball thrown beyond the line of scrimmage.   That's why Somerset (correctly) got the call in the end zone on the pass to Grundy at the end of the Mayfield game.   The Mayfield player was there in the endzone and had established position.  But when Kade tried to jump and make an attempt to catch the ball the defender tried to go through him to the ball and drew a flag.   I think Kade had a chance to catch the ball if he wasn't interfered with.   But it would still have been pass interference even if the pass had landed out of bounds.   I haven't watched tonight's game so I can't comment on the call,  but catchable/uncatchable has nothing to do with it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Walt Longmire's post:
  • Hatz
Congratulations Somerset.
Bunnies rolling