Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 48 Prestonsburg 13
Final from Prestonsburg.
No surprise here
Blackcats had opportunities in the first half to stay with Valley, but turnovers absolutely killed them and then Warrix took a end a round to the house that sealed this one late in the first half.

I thought the offensive line done a good job most of the game. Defense struggled defending the pass and matching Valley’s speed in the open field.

Tough loss. On to the next one!

Go Blackcats!
P'burg got some rebuilding to do
I listened to the first half of this one.  Prestonsburg absolutely shot themselves in the foot repeatedly with turnovers which Valley took full advantage of.  I never thought I would state this, but I hate seeing Prestonsburg down like this or at least I think I do.
(10-02-2020, 12:16 AM)Oledad92 Wrote: P'burg got some rebuilding to do

Going to take time.

(10-02-2020, 12:19 AM)Westside Wrote: I listened to the first half of this one.  Prestonsburg absolutely shot themselves in the foot repeatedly with turnovers which Valley took full advantage of.  I never thought I would state this, but I hate seeing Prestonsburg down like this or at least I think I do.

We hate it too, but numbers are growing and kids are developing. It’s going to take time to recover from so many leaving our district and playing elsewhere.
Turnovers. That is what killed Pburg. Had opportunities to hang around and make it a competitive game. Still a lot of youth on the field. It is getting better. On to West Carter. 

Hail Blackcats!
Aye great things are going to take time keep ya head up blackcats and focus on getting better every day. Trust the process and get in the weight room.
How’s that freshman quarterback looking that was highly talked about coming out of middle school? Haven’t got to see a Shelby Valley game yet.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(10-02-2020, 01:06 PM)Spud6 Wrote: How’s that freshman quarterback looking that was highly talked about coming out of middle school? Haven’t got to see a Shelby Valley game yet.

He was a freshman? If so, he has a arm. Overthrew some wide open guys in the first half. He has a bright future.
(10-02-2020, 01:12 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 01:06 PM)Spud6 Wrote: How’s that freshman quarterback looking that was highly talked about coming out of middle school? Haven’t got to see a Shelby Valley game yet.

He was a freshman? If so, he has a arm. Overthrew some wide open guys in the first half. He has a bright future.

The transition to a primarily passing offense is going to take some time.  Osborne is talented, no doubt about it, but he's still just a freshman.  He definitely overthrows his receivers sometimes, but you can see the raw talent is there.  Just has to improve his accuracy on the deep ball.

And those receivers aren't used to having that many balls thrown their way every game.  In previous years their main task was run blocking, so asking them to start catching passes is quite the change.  I have seen Valley play multiple games this year, and there have been several drops on balls that were perfectly thrown.  It's going to take some time, probably into next season, to see this passing offense click.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 2 users Like More Cowbell's post:
  • BlackcatAlum, Spud6