5. Mayfield
6. Breathitt County
7. West Carter
8. Owensboro Catholic
9. Murray
10. Walton Verona

Others Receiving Votes
Lloyd, McLean County

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee Is made up of members selected from this site.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Cobraxx
Bunnies should be #1
[-] The following 1 user Likes E's Army's post:
  • Deuce8
LCA has done nothing to jump Somerset. Somerset #1 until beat.
Absolutely terrible poll. Somerset should remain #1 until beaten. Danville jump to #4 is questionable. West Carter should be above Breathitt County.
[-] The following 2 users Like WestCarterComet's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, Deuce8
Why? Danville has a great win over Wayne County and kept Sloan from taking over the game.
(09-28-2020, 08:00 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote: Absolutely terrible poll. Somerset should remain #1 until beaten. Danville jump to #4 is questionable. West Carter should be above Breathitt County.

Will you put out your top 10? Somerset has beat three bad teams. LCA has beat Lex Cath and Desales both on the road. 
Danville beat Wayne County a top 10 team in 4A. Who are they in front of that’s better than them?
Who has West Carter played??
[-] The following 2 users Like FootballFan1999's post:
  • 64SUR, PHSFarmersMarket
(09-28-2020, 09:48 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 08:00 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote: Absolutely terrible poll. Somerset should remain #1 until beaten. Danville jump to #4 is questionable. West Carter should be above Breathitt County.

Will you put out your top 10? Somerset has beat three bad teams. LCA has beat Lex Cath and Desales both on the road. 
Danville beat Wayne County a top 10 team in 4A. Who are they in front of that’s better than them?

[quote pid="2283243" dateline="1601340512"]
Somerset should remain on top since they won the state championship last year and have dominated everyone they have played. I’m honestly more impressed with what Beechwood has done in their first 3 games than what Somerset has done given the competition but I still wouldn’t drop Somerset. West Carter hasn’t played a world beater schedule but they’re 3-0 with 3 running clocks over teams that are all currently 2-1. The Comets are outscoring their opponents 136-14. Breathitt is 2-0 with wins over a team that is 2-1 and one team that is 1-1. Bobcats are out scoring opponents 110-51. That to me is much more impressive than what the Bobcats have done so far.
[/quote]
Actually LCA barley beat 2 rebuilding teams with FG, and one that Somerset beat with common stats, and Somerset has blown out everone .Danville barley beat a horrible Hazard team, and other then Sloan Wayne isn't very good. People need to get off the " but it's so in so". Your name don't win you games, your team does. People get caught up in it. LCA hasn't been in front of a defense like Somerset, nor has they're good def seen a offense like Somerset. Glad this is a joke poll and not one that matters. LCA 1-5 versus Somerset in 3 years, won nothing last year, but coach gets coach of the year, Somerset takes it all returns more talent over half they're starters return and you bump them for "OMG it's LCA". Pitiful.

Also West Carter should be over Breathitt. Actually until Breathitt plays a real program keep them in bottom half. It's so weak they walk to semi's till this day I will argue that district 4 should have been separated. Somerset should of went east not Beechwood. Spread out the competition more. Somerset should of been put in district with Breathitt or moved LCA north. Just a opinion on last alignment.
(09-29-2020, 12:20 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: Actually LCA barley beat 2 rebuilding teams with FG, and one that Somerset beat with common stats, and Somerset has blown out everone .Danville barley beat a horrible Hazard team, and other then Sloan Wayne isn't very good. People need to get off the " but it's so in so". Your name don't win you games, your team does. People get caught up in it. LCA hasn't been in front of a defense like Somerset, nor has they're good def seen a offense like Somerset. Glad this is a joke poll and not one that matters. LCA 1-5 versus Somerset in 3 years, won nothing last year, but coach gets coach of the year, Somerset takes it all returns more talent over half they're starters return and you bump them for "OMG it's LCA". Pitiful.

Also West Carter should be over Breathitt. Actually until Breathitt plays a real program keep them in bottom half. It's so weak they walk to semi's till this day I will argue that district 4 should have been separated. Somerset should of went east not Beechwood. Spread out the competition more. Somerset should of been put in district with Breathitt or moved LCA north. Just a opinion on last alignment.
I agree completely. Somerset should be #1 and Sloan is the only thing keeping Wayne County in the top 10. In my biased opinion, West Carter has a top 2-3 running back in all of 2A in Leetavious Cline. Kid is a stud. I haven’t seen them all but I can’t imagine there being many, if any better than him.
What a joke poll !!!!!!! Did CNN put this out ????? Asking for a friend ...
LCA ......has beat Somerset 1 time in 3 years !!!!
Somerset defending champions ....
3 more weeks and we will see who top dawg is in 2A .... what a joke ...
(09-29-2020, 12:20 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: Actually LCA barley beat 2 rebuilding teams with FG, and one that Somerset beat with common stats, and Somerset has blown out everone .Danville barley beat a horrible Hazard team, and other then Sloan Wayne isn't very good. People need to get off the " but it's so in so". Your name don't win you games, your team does. People get caught up in it. LCA hasn't been in front of a defense like Somerset, nor has they're good def seen a offense like Somerset. Glad this is a joke poll and not one that matters. LCA 1-5 versus Somerset in 3 years, won nothing last year, but coach gets coach of the year, Somerset takes it all returns more talent over half they're starters return and you bump them for "OMG it's LCA". Pitiful.

Desales is a top 3 team in 3A and Lex Cath is a top 10 team in 4A. Come again. 
Your name can win you games.. Sloan put up 404 and 7 TD’s to win a district championship so I’d say the kid is pretty damn good. 
Somerset is a great team and a top team in 2A but to try to discredit LCA is ignorant. LCA’s wins are better than Somersets wins. That’s why I’d put them at 1 and somerset at 2. Even somerset posters have said they’re not playing their best ball right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Westside
3 more weeks !!!!!!

Can’t wait
(09-28-2020, 11:57 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote:

Somerset should remain on top since they won the state championship last year and have dominated everyone they have played. I’m honestly more impressed with what Beechwood has done in their first 3 games than what Somerset has done given the competition but I still wouldn’t drop Somerset. West Carter hasn’t played a world beater schedule but they’re 3-0 with 3 running clocks over teams that are all currently 2-1. The Comets are outscoring their opponents 136-14. Breathitt is 2-0 with wins over a team that is 2-1 and one team that is 1-1. Bobcats are out scoring opponents 110-51. That to me is much more impressive than what the Bobcats have done so far.
[/quote]

The only thing I don’t like about keeping people on top because of ships is 5A for example. Cov Cath won last year and is still very good. They’re undefeated by two close games. But if you look at the FD roster or look at bowling green blanking St X 14-0 id put them over CC right now. Beechwood has been extremely impressive and I think they’ll have a say so on who brings it home. RPI will be huge to avoid them in semi’s. 
That wasn’t a knock on West Carter just an honest question. I’ve not heard much about them and their part of the state so I can’t really comment on them.
(09-29-2020, 12:45 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

The only thing I don’t like about keeping people on top because of ships is 5A for example. Cov Cath won last year and is still very good. They’re undefeated by two close games. But if you look at the FD roster or look at bowling green blanking St X 14-0 id put them over CC right now. Beechwood has been extremely impressive and I think they’ll have a say so on who brings it home. RPI will be huge to avoid them in semi’s. 
That wasn’t a knock on West Carter just an honest question. I’ve not heard much about them and their part of the state so I can’t really comment on them.
[/quote]
Completely understand that you haven’t heard about the Comets. I feel like most people haven’t but that’s to be expected with how bad our history is. The difference in Cov Cath and Somerset is that Cov Cath lost their best player from last years team who just so happened to be Mr KY Football. Somerset brings back defending 2A player of the year Kaiya Sheron. I certainly won’t be surprised if LCA beats Somerset. That matchup will be the best and biggest game in 2A all year. Until Somerset loses, I would keep them #1 but maybe that is just me.
(09-29-2020, 01:18 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 12:45 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

Completely understand that you haven’t heard about the Comets. I feel like most people haven’t but that’s to be expected with how bad our history is. The difference in Cov Cath and Somerset is that Cov Cath lost their best player from last years team who just so happened to be Mr KY Football. Somerset brings back defending 2A player of the year Kaiya Sheron. I certainly won’t be surprised if LCA beats Somerset. That matchup will be the best and biggest game in 2A all year. Until Somerset loses, I would keep them #1 but maybe that is just me.
[/quote]

That’s a fair view to have as well! It’ll settle in the next few weeks when they link up. Should be a great game. 

In the mean time, post some Hudl clips of some of your all’s players. Would like to see a kid or two from out there.
Somerset could be 5-0 going into the game against LCA. They could also be 4-1 with a loss to Danville.

Somerset is a good football team, but they are a little flat and frankly I don’t know if that’s the competition or the team. Whitley is starting to look a little more like a good win while the Russellville game still looks like a sloppy win. Truth is that right now we just don’t know what team is what until they face each other. Iron sharpens iron, right?

As a Somerset fan and a dad with a kid on the team, I have zero issue with LCA being ranked ahead of SHS as of today.

If they both stay undefeated, we will know where it all stands come October 16th.
[-] The following 3 users Like CowboyDad's post:
  • Deuce8, JustThinking, Tigerallamerican
Can’t argue the facts - LCA’s wins are much better than Somerset’s at this point and will remain that way til the two meet head to head. That’s not really Somerset’s fault as they had their game with Beechwood canceled because of the delayed season start date; that said If they were to play today LCA is better.

Luckily there is a great possibility they meet twice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JumperPride1's post:
  • Walt Longmire

So if you're going to play that game: Has Somerset been in front of a defense as good as LCA's?  Has Somerset had to stop an offense as good as LCA's?  And as for returning starters: Didn't LCA return 18/22? I know Somerset didn't.   They graduated 4 off of the offensive line.   And take off your Purple and Gold glasses for a minute and answer this honestly:  Whose 3 wins are more impressive,  Somerset's or LCA's?  Let's put them side by side.  Both teams dismantled Williamsburg.   Both games were so non-competitive that stats don't really matter.  LCA beat DeSales who is ranked 1st or 2nd in 3A in every poll that I've seen.   If that's rebuilding I can only hope that all of Somerset's rebuilding years go that way.   Somerset beat an 0-3 Whitley County team that is actually rebuilding.   LCA beat a legit Top 10 4A team in Lexington Catholic. Somerset beat a 1-2 1A Russellville team.   Now, be honest,  which team has the better resume to be ranked #1?  Take the last 2 seasons out of the equation they're meaningless.   This is 2020 and LCA has done more at this point and time.   The Jumpers need to be worried about figuring out their penalty problems and their line play.  These rankings will figure themselves out in October and November.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • FootballFan1999, Westside
With teams only having at most 3 games under their belts it is hard to figure out who has what. Some schools played their first game last week. We still need another week or 2 to determine who has what. The Beechwood v Somerset game would have been a good early indicator for Somerset. Somerset appears to have reloaded but has not played a quality opponent in it's first 3 games. However, they have done what they are supposed to do against subpar competition. Iam sure Coach Lucas and his staff would prefer some better matchups but in these times you take what you can get. Based on Beechwood's first few games it appears they are back. LCA played two tough apponents to start the season in DeSales and LC. Yes, both programs are probably down from last year but much better than your average programs. Add to that LCA is breaking in a new QB. Danville...well, who knows. Only 2 games under their belts with what seems to be a quality win against Wayne. Early season polls are just that...early. You do your best analyze the info you have and make an informed decision. The toughest part of these polls is bringing the teams up that are not on the radar preseason.
Y’all keep hating on Breathitt. They’ve got the best O-line in 2A. If they can get their Defense in looking better, it’s gonna be hard to beat them.
Nobody is hating, they don't do themselves any favors with the schedule they put together. It's hard to guage them playing the teams they play. It was the same way last year. They have some talent for sure and in the first half against Somerset last year in the playoffs it looked like they were legit but then the wheels came off. If I am not mistaken they had some better games lined up for 2020 but they became a victum to the china virus. Not sure this week against Middlesboro will prove anything or not. MB is hit or miss these days...maybe more miss lol.
(09-29-2020, 11:22 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: Y’all keep hating on Breathitt. They’ve got the best O-line in 2A. If they can get their Defense in looking better, it’s gonna be hard to beat them.

I don't think anyone is hating on Breathitt.  They have just had schedules the last 2 seasons that allowed then to roll up a bunch of easy wins without preparing them for the competition that they'd face deep in the playoffs.   It was the Breathitt faithful telling everyone how no one could stop their offense and how their defense was untouchable.   I remember one poster saying how Breathitt was 2 scores better than Somerset.  (He also said he'd wear Somerset clothes if the Jumpers beat the Bobcats but I guess that was as accurate as his prediction).  It seemed like the team took some offense when posters kept saying that they had done it against subpar competition and they came out inspired against Somerset and raced out to a 13-0 lead 3 minutes into the game.   After that they were outscored 40-12 and just couldn't stop Somerset.   They had a good team and Collins made them very good.   I just don't see them in the top 5 without him and the quarterback that transferred.   Their defense isn't going to stop the other top team's offenses and I don't think they're going to win a shootout with LCA, Beechwood or Somerset.   But I guess we'll see.   If they get to play the Paintsville game we'll at least have some idea of how good they are before the playoffs this year.
(09-29-2020, 11:22 AM)Wolfeman Wrote: Y’all keep hating on Breathitt. They’ve got the best O-line in 2A. If they can get their Defense in looking better, it’s gonna be hard to beat them.
Not hating. They are a good team. Just have a cake district and schedule with the exception of Paintsville. They beat Paintsville and they’ll get a lot of respect from me and I’m sure other posters as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WestCarterComet's post:
  • Patriot1
How is Murray ranked higher than Caldwell County in 2A, Crittenden County stomped Murray and Caldwell shut Crittenden County out, kind of odd.
(09-29-2020, 07:08 PM)missthefield Wrote: How is Murray ranked higher than Caldwell County in 2A, Crittenden County stomped Murray and Caldwell shut Crittenden County out, kind of odd.

I agree
(09-29-2020, 03:22 AM)CowboyDad Wrote: Somerset could be 5-0 going into the game against LCA. They could also be 4-1 with a loss to Danville.

Somerset is a good football team, but they are a little flat and frankly I don’t know if that’s the competition or the team. Whitley is starting to look a little more like a good win while the Russellville game still looks like a sloppy win.  Truth is that right now we just don’t know what team is what until they face each other. Iron sharpens iron, right?

As a Somerset fan and a dad with a kid on the team, I have zero issue with LCA being ranked ahead of SHS as of today.

If they both stay undefeated, we will know where it all stands come October 16th.
Who’s your boy ??? What number?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • CowboyDad
#50.

Been sidelined for a couple weeks with a broken distal radius but hopefully he’s cleared to play in his cast and wrapped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CowboyDad's post:
  • Deuce8
Rankings are fun and give a approximation of team strength. Breathitt will have to beat good teams to make it to where they want to make it. Can not get any simpler than that. Win, and you are as good or better than the team you are facing. Lose, and your not. These ranking mean nothing.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

(09-30-2020, 03:32 PM)CowboyDad Wrote: #50.

Been sidelined for a couple weeks with a broken distal radius but hopefully he’s cleared to play in his cast and wrapped.
He’s a good little player man hope he gets healthy soon he can help big time
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • CowboyDad
(09-28-2020, 07:22 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: LCA has done nothing to jump Somerset. Somerset #1 until beat.
Maybe if somerset didn’t schedule Whitley county and Russellville and played some actual talent like LCA they would stay #1