Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Raceland 10-2
Predictions? Thoughts?

Tomcats travel to Ram land for the first time ever. Should be a good game.
After watching the Ashland highlights against Bourbon County I’m not sure we have the speed across the board to keep up with Ashland. My heart wants the Rams to pull it off but I don’t know if we have the horses.

Ashland 42
Raceland 13
Beat down in Ramland ...seems the Rams are cashing everything in for the future
Rams fall to 1-3.
Better luck next year against Ashland

Ashland 49
Raceland 13
Idk anything about raceland but Ashland just seems right. I'll take the Tomcat's

Ashland-42
Raceland-7
Raceland - Ashland is a huge rivalry game. Ashland making their first ever trip should fire up the Rams and I expect a close game.
I’m not sure that Raceland can stop the Tomcat’s run game.  Taking Ashland on this one.
Greenup had success on the ground last week. They are nowhere near the caliber Ashland is upfront. Ashland will be just as quick upfront and likely stronger. Pitman isnt my big concern...its whoever the hell #3 is. He impressed me against Bourbon. Pitman has next level speed, but he isnt the type of back Raceland has struggled with in the past. Its the bigger stronger backs. Hopefully we found something with some of the changes made last week. I feel like we will move the ball a little better and could potentially make it a close game early on, OR score some later in the game. Either way i think the outcome is likely the same.

Ashland 35
Raceland 14
Kittens by 20
Ashland 34
Raceland 21
7-0 Tomcats
14-7 Ashland 6:08 1st quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
21-7 Ashland 4:51 1st quarter. The rout is on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It’s been a long long time since the rams have been this bad
28-7
35-7 Ashland
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(10-02-2020, 09:16 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: It’s been a long long time since the rams have been this bad

Raceland looks like they don't want to be out there. Just going through the motions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
43-7 running clock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ashland gave up 5 yards rushing last week and Raceland I has negative yards at the half. Pittman and Garett make a great 1-2 punch.
50-15 final!!
Goodness. Pitman is a different animal than he was last year all together. Same blazing speed, but much more physical and versatile as a RB. Though it was an absolutely emberassing evening, there was some brighter spots for me as a Ramfan. There are more and more underclassmen seeing significant time each week and they are contributing. We are going to take another couple lumps this season, but the early experience for the Frosh/Soph classes will pay off in a year or 2 and we should be back to where we are used to being. But last night we looked like we didnt want to even be out there. Especially upfront.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scotty_Bronson's post:
  • Orange Blaze
(10-03-2020, 08:05 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: Goodness. Pitman is a different animal than he was last year all together. Same blazing speed, but much more physical and versatile as a RB.  Though it was an absolutely emberassing evening, there was some brighter spots for me as a Ramfan. There are more and more underclassmen seeing significant time each week and they are contributing. We are going to take another couple lumps this season, but the early experience for the Frosh/Soph classes will pay off in a year or 2 and we should be back to where we are used to being. But last night we looked like we didnt want to even be out there. Especially upfront.

At this point the focus should be getting reps and building for the future as this season looks to be a 3-4 win season at best.  Hopefully in the offseason the offseason the priority is building some strength and size.  This is by far the smallest and weakest Raceland team team that I’ve seen in about 15 years and if Raceland wants to get back in the championship hunt in the next few years then we have to get stronger across the board.
Raceland will always struggle with line play.They seem to be getting worse over the last few years and unless they really start looking at this position and start approaching it with a different Philosophy they will never be a championship caliber team.