Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Rangers score 30 runs
The Texas Rangers defeated the Baltimore Orioles 30 - 9. Most runs ever scored in the MLB.
Flat out amazing, when I first looked at it on ESPN I thought it was a football score, haha. Thats awesome.
This is the most amazing thing I have seen in sports since....Webb's streak. Seriously though, when I heard about this I nearly fell over in disbelief. 30 runs scores with a guy getting the save! lol that is flat out amazing. Also that was just the first game of the double header...WOW.
What is even more amazing is that Texas scored 25 of the runs over the last 4 innings! They had only scored 5 through the first five, and the Orioles' starter was still in the game to start the sixth. Good managing by the Baltimore manager, by only using 3 relievers to close out the game, he didn't even burn out his pen.

Look at some of the lines for Baltimore:

- Burres: 2/3 IP, 8 ER
- Bell: 1 1/3 IP, 7 ER
- Shuey: 2 IP, 9 ER

Now that's what you call taking one for the team!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WOW that is amazing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
blackcat_student Wrote:The Texas Rangers defeated the Baltimore Orioles 30 - 9. Most runs ever scored in the MLB.
Actually it was 30-3 but who's counting Baltimore's score, right? Smile
BCF4L Wrote:Actually it was 30-3 but who's counting Baltimore's score, right? Smile
Yeah...the Rangers scored 9 in the second game of the night....still amazing :eek:
BCF4L Wrote:Actually it was 30-3 but who's counting Baltimore's score, right? Smile

The O's led this game 3-0 at one point. Smile

Former Reds starter Rob Bell (who was traded to Texas for Edwin Encarnarcion if I'm not mistaken) pitched for the O's, gave up 7 earned runs in 1.1 innings!

Previous record was 29 runs in one game held by Boston in 1950 and the White Sox in 1955.
blackcat_student Wrote:The Texas Rangers defeated the Baltimore Orioles 30 - 9. Most runs ever scored in the MLB.

It's not the most runs ever scored in the MLB, just the modern day record.

It is actually the second most runs scored all time in an MLB game, just behind the Chicago Colts 36 run victory over the Louisville Colonels in 1897.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:It's not the most runs ever scored in the MLB, just the modern day record.

It is actually the second most runs scored all time in an MLB game, just behind the Chicago Colts 36 run victory over the Louisville Colonels in 1897.

That is correct. The Modern Era of baseball begins at 1900.
jammin' jamey Wrote:That is correct. The Modern Era of baseball begins at 1900.

I love the pre modern era but modern era stats are pretty much all that matters in my opinion so this should be considered the most amazing regardless if it was the most "all time" or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
we couldn't even score 30 runs in backyard baseball with wooden bats and tennis balls
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
This was unreal! What makes it even more unbelievable (which someone pointed out) was that they were up just 5-2 going into the 6th inning. EVERYTHING Texas hit was falling. I mean, little bloop singles that missed the second baseman's glove by like an inch, if that! Jared Saltamalacchia raised his average from .172 to 2.67 (give or take some points). By far the strangest thing seen this year in sports.
The whole situation shocked me when I saw the score but it just added to it when I save that there was an actual save!! LOL
I dont know man.....two games I played in when I was in little league, we got beat 32-0, and the game was called in the third inning....played the same team the next day and got beat 28-0, and it got called in the second, lol...but these are Major League players giving up 30 runs!!! UNBELIEVABLE..
BFritz Wrote:we couldn't even score 30 runs in backyard baseball with wooden bats and tennis balls
StrikeoutKing Wrote:This was unreal! What makes it even more unbelievable (which someone pointed out) was that they were up just 5-2 going into the 6th inning. EVERYTHING Texas hit was falling. I mean, little bloop singles that missed the second baseman's glove by like an inch, if that! Jared Saltamalacchia raised his average from .172 to 2.67 (give or take some points). By far the strangest thing seen this year in sports.

This may have been a good game for the Texas players' statistics, but not so much for the Baltimore relievers. Check out my earlier post (#4) and look at the pitching lines for the three Orioles bullpen guys, and imagine what that game did to their ERA's!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I bet the Reds are looking towards Baltimore now to acquire one of their relievers. The staff in Cincinnati feel as if they could take a reliever, throw him under the knife for Tommy John surgery, and return him to excellence. Smile