Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville and JC open Friday 18th
With Paintsville losing their game this week could we see the apple bowl start back up this year? Be nice to have belfry vs pikeville and JC vs Paintsville playing in the same week. Just move both games to Saturday so we can all come watch.
I am sure JCHS is willing.
(09-16-2020, 03:58 PM)IntheZone Wrote: With Paintsville losing their game this week could we see the apple bowl start back up this year? Be nice to have belfry vs pikeville and JC vs Paintsville playing in the same week. Just move both games to Saturday so we can all come watch.
I agree IntheZone but that won’t happen. We have to many people in charge at Paintsville now who are scared to death to play Central. Coach Brugh would’ve played them in a heart beat. I miss the old days.
Sounds like Paintsville needs some fresh people in charge. If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind.
If it was going to happen, this would be the year. However, it probably won’t.

If it did, JC 42 Paintsville 14
Giving Paintsville one or two days to prepare for a game against Johnson Central would be ridiculous. I don't believe a month of preparation would make much difference. But if neither team finds a team on their level to play on Friday or Saturday, maybe a friendly scrimmage might be possible.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • 2000PHS, Creeker
(09-16-2020, 04:36 PM)Old guy Wrote: Sounds like Paintsville needs some fresh people in charge. If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind.
The people in charge at Paintsville have built a year in and year out top 3 contender in their respective class. That with a two time state champ program a rock throw from campus. I’ll keep this group.
I was responding to Ralph’s comment...don’t get bent out of shape..lol.
[-] The following 3 users Like Old guy's post:
  • 2000PHS, eagle8966, ekywildcat
So Apple Day 2020 gets canceled.
JC & Paintsville both need a game in a season where actually getting to play games are at a premium.

This game has to happen!!!!!

Forget about the series ending in 2009..... both teams need a game against a quality opponent. JC is #1 in 4A, Paintsville is #2 in 1A... plus no travel involved. You can't draw up a better story line.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
As good as Paintsville is in 1A, and I'm not trying to put the Tigers down because they are a good team, but they couldn't match up physically with Johnson Central. Johnson Central has become one of the most dominant programs in the state and realistically, I think this game would be over by halftime. Once again, this isn't a knock on Paintsville, I just think it would do more harm for Paintsville, than good. I understand the idea of playing better competition to better prepare you for the playoffs, but it's not healthy physically, or mentally for a team to get a running clock put on you by a rival. That's just my two cents.
Let's look at the past few seasons.... I would argue that JC & Paintsville would have been a better game for each other than who they actually played. When the mighty might Tigers decided to end the series after the 2008 season, the write-up in the Paintsville Herald said they wanted to focus on winning a state championship.... who else better to play than a team less than two miles away & has played in five straight 4A state titles games, winning two of those.

JC played Lafayette
Paintsville played Lawrence County.

JC played South Charleston, WV.
Paintsville played Harlan

JC played Henry Clay
Paintsville played Estill County

JC played Harlan County
Paintsville played Sheldon Clark

JC played Fairland, OH.
Paintsville played Sheldon Clark

Ashland dropped to 3A to avoid JC, now they won't play us.... hope they enjoy getting beat out every year by Belfry.
Paintsville, you made it to the big dance last year...... but if you wanna shot at beating Pikeville, you gotta test yourself. Pikeville plays Belfry and it pays off for them.
Pikeville plays johnson central in jv about 3 times a year . I noticed a lot of Pikeville better player in those j.v games because some times if you want a work out you have to play up , it's only game who cares about the score , if Paintsville didn't play me I would try everything I could to never play tiger in baseball volleyball basketball or any sport

Why be bunch cowards we played you guys for years guess it ok when your team was a lot better than us ,
[-] The following 2 users Like eagles2011's post:
  • ekywildcat, Pulp Fiction
First, I wish they would play. Decision made at top and I don't see that changing because of message boards. So might as well put this argument to rest, it simply not happening this year and probably not in near future.
(09-17-2020, 10:40 AM)kai Wrote: First, I wish they would play.  Decision made at top and I don't see that changing because of message boards.  So might as well put this argument to rest, it simply not happening this year and probably not in near future.

Don't be so sure.... you might see these posts up on the big LED board by the Walmart entrance.
The senior class would have been in Kindergarten the last time JC and Paintsville played.

Both fan bases deserve this game.
I wish it would, but I really doubt it will. Fingers crossed. The Seniors on both teams need to play every game they can. It is already a shortened season.
It would be a running clock if it did happen. Really no reason to play a game like that.
(09-17-2020, 10:49 AM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 10:40 AM)kai Wrote: First, I wish they would play.  Decision made at top and I don't see that changing because of message boards.  So might as well put this argument to rest, it simply not happening this year and probably not in near future.

Don't be so sure.... you might see these posts up on the big LED board by the Walmart entrance.
As I said I would like to see game.  But pretty dang sure it won't happen, you could fly Goodyear Blimp over pulling one of those beach banners and and don't think it would not change anyone's mind.
IF this game does happen.... IMO, it will be on Saturday. Give both teams two days to prep.

I could see this being a scrimmage format.
- Both varsity teams plays 3 quarters with the JV & Frosh getting the 4th qtr.
- Don't keep score.
- Even though the crowd would be the majority of JC fans, split the gate.
- Play the game at JC... get more fans in the bleachers and around the track area.
- Neither team has to travel.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • BlackcatPride32, kai
I see some of you have still not grown up about this stupid Apple Bowl crap. Sounds like still a sophomore in high school stuff. Both fan bases deserve it? Sheesh!! I'm in the fan base, and I wouldn't pay 10 cents or walk 50 feet to watch this game. It would be one of the most boring games of the century.

When Johnson Central quit being distracted by this game in which they grew to humiliate their opponent, they became 4A/5A state champion caliber contenders EVERY year. As far as a gate, you are not allowed to have a gate right now to begin with. And as far as a scrimmage, JC would benefit more from practicing against their own D. Not a knock on anyone, just the facts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bob Seger's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hoot Gibson