Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Powell County 34 Prestonsburg 28
Final from Powell County

Blackcats scored on their first 3 possessions to lead, 22-0. Lead 22-7 at the half. Pirates come out of the half and recovered two straight onside kicks which lead to 3 straight touchdowns to complete the comeback and take the lead, 26-22.  Prestonsburg fought back and regained the lead, 28-26. Powell scores on their next possession to win the game, 34-28.

Great game. Sloppy with a lot of penalties, but still an exciting game. Very tough loss for the Blackcats and former Powell coach, Brandon Brewer. Really nice win for new Powell coach Mike Jones and his team. 

Prestonsburg done some good things and controlled the first half. Lost momentum in the second half and struggled to ever regain it. Lots to learn from this game and plenty of room to improve.

Congrats Pirates!
Way to go Pirates!! Congrats on a great win!
keep that disrespect coming
I honestly thought Prestonsburg would win this one. Congrats to Powell County.
Tough loss for the cats. Wasn't able to get tickets to the game so had to settle for the radio, which made it hard to know exactly what went wrong in this one, but I dont see how you can have 2 straight pooch kicks go uncovered. Coaches should have fixed that after the first one. Sounded like we had alot of players going down with cramps pretty early in the 3rd too. Hopefully coach brewer and his staff can use this loss to grow and rally the troops behind them. Nothing a little coaching and conditioning can't fix. Brayden Slone is a football player! I think this team will end up being better than most people are expecting them to be. Go blackcats! Forget about this loss and focus on the next game!