Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Based on what we know, what would You do about Fall Sports?
Let's say you are the final voice... you override the KHSAA, the Governor, school boards, health departments or anybody that have may veto power, you are making the ultimate decision on if fall sports are played.

I'm posting this on 8/17.... based on the information we currently have, how would You proceed with Fall sports?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I would continue with the current plan. Obviously, I am biased. However, I think the risks to the well being of these kids outweigh the risk from COVID. IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!
If thousands can protest in Lexington and Louisville in pure anarchy high school kids can play fall sports under supervised protocols.
[-] The following 3 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Deuce8, Old guy, torQQue
When we send our kids onto the field to play - we are aware they run the risk of a concussion or a broken bone or high ankle sprain. It is a risk we accept. Happens infrequently but unexpected injuries are part of the game. But that broken bone does not or injure or even pose a risk to anyone else. Its not going to possibly expose your grandparents or relatives to a disease a player might have contracted but shows no symptoms of.

That is what makes COVID-19 different. I can be sure that the school my child attends has a strict social distance and mask protocol and regular testing and temperature taking. But how sure can I be of the opposing school and players? I basically know nothing about what they have done. Should I just trust them and should they just trust us? The risk is small but it is there. Just takes a cough or sneeze or a drop of sweat.

Just a tough, tough call. With what everyone has been through, I think football could be a great morale booster and something everyone needs to get their minds away from the division and upheaval. I don't particularly care which set of protesters did what. I care about the kids on the field and parents and students in the stands, people I know and care for. I know in the colder days of late fall, some people are likely to contract the flu. But we pretty much know how to deal with that.

Is a game - based COVID-19 outbreak that could spread in the schools a risk everyone is willing to accept?
If the kids can’t sit in a class room then they can’t play sports! Let’s go to school and end this silly crap
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Deuce8, Hoot Gibson
Thumbs Up 
#Letthemplay
This is from a person who has no children but I’d let them play. Let the families who don’t want their child playing sit out and they would hurt a lot of schools in our area and if it causes them to not have a season so be it. But I think without playing you run the risk of future problems.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • TD Hounds
If it were my call, I would delay the season until at least the spring of 2021.
(08-17-2020, 08:22 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This is from a person who has no children but I’d let them play. Let the families who don’t want their child playing sit out and they would hurt a lot of schools in our area and if it causes them to not have a season so be it. But I think without playing you run the risk of future problems.
I agree.
The numbers I saw from the coaches association showed very few problems during the summer workouts with passing on the virus.
(08-18-2020, 08:08 PM)HCS Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 08:22 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This is from a person who has no children but I’d let them play. Let the families who don’t want their child playing sit out and they would hurt a lot of schools in our area and if it causes them to not have a season so be it. But I think without playing you run the risk of future problems.
I agree.
The numbers I saw from the coaches association showed very few problems during the summer workouts with passing on the virus.

I think those numbers are kind of miss leading because most high school kids and there staff do not even get tested unless they show signs and still our working out in groups. The real test is when they get to go face to face contact, I love how those numbers look though,  but do they tell the whole story coming from a coaches association. Football Coaches want to Coach no matter what, its in there blood. I think they delay again but not cancel.
No chance I'd vote to have sports in 2020. It's just not worth the risks to children, coaches and families.

I agree.

The numbers you saw from coaches are inaccurate and just propaganda to convince people it's safe.
(08-18-2020, 08:54 PM)jamesclay Wrote: No chance I'd vote to have sports in 2020. It's just not worth the risks to children, coaches and families.

I agree.

The numbers you saw from coaches are inaccurate and just propaganda to convince people it's safe.
^^^This is a lie.
(08-19-2020, 02:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 08:54 PM)jamesclay Wrote: No chance I'd vote to have sports in 2020. It's just not worth the risks to children, coaches and families.

I agree.

^^^This is a lie.

Actually, this is the scientific truth.
(08-19-2020, 10:25 AM)jamesclay Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 02:08 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

I agree.

^^^This is a lie.

Actually, this is the scientific truth.

Sweet Chuck must’ve just received the latest edition of Coronabros weekly. I bet the Jefferson County Super is on the cover for this addition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomcat Pride's post:
  • jetpilot
Miracle if they play
Miracle's do happen. Hearing its a go, leaving it up to each school district Superintendents. Since not pushing back JCPS and some other districts might not play. Going to be a long day
What I would do if it was my decision: Play.

Yes, it's a different time. Yes, there are inherent risks. But society cannot - I must again stress cannot - curl up into a ball and just do nothing. And we can't believe that Big Don, or Uncle Joe, or Cousin Andy is going to do squat to solve this. Every person can come up with 100 bad hypothetical situations to justify (in their own mind) why not to move forward. If a kid tests positive, they have to follow normal protocols, i.e. no playing and quarantine.

What do I think will happen? No games. It's too political. Too much concern over liability, too much whining over "what ifs", too many Chicken Littles running around. If I had an eligible kid and they wanted to play, I'd let them. If they didn't want to play, I'd respect that too. But mainly I would not restrict the choices other kids make. Leave it up to them to make their own choices.
play ball - pure and simple. And the BOC has paved the way just a short time ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • Deuce8
Thumbs Up 
Cool Yes sir!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Pulp Fiction