Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KHSAA BOC Meeting
(08-19-2020, 10:56 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Update for what its worth- a lot of smoke going around about pushing back to October and playing district games first.    I love football but I swear I keep losing interest every time they push it back, I guess its for the best, not saying that is what going to happen but kind of looks that way.  The kids have to be tired of this and losing a little interest also.  I hope I am shocked tomorrow and they still open up Sept,11

Why push it further into flu season? Adults will screw it up for the kids, probably no stopping it. I think I will go catch a game in Tennessee Friday.
(08-19-2020, 11:17 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 10:56 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Update for what its worth- a lot of smoke going around about pushing back to October and playing district games first.    I love football but I swear I keep losing interest every time they push it back, I guess its for the best, not saying that is what going to happen but kind of looks that way.  The kids have to be tired of this and losing a little interest also.  I hope I am shocked tomorrow and they still open up Sept,11

Why push it further into flu season? Adults will screw it up for the kids, probably no stopping it. I think I will go catch a game in Tennessee Friday.

When every other state around us is playing and we don't think of the number of kids we are gonna lose!!!
(08-18-2020, 08:56 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Those numbers are ridiculous. And highly inaccurate.

Where’s your proof? You probably get your proof from Coronabros weekly.

link to live meeting currently going on. They can begin practice the 24th and live competition as early as Sept 7.

i think from listening to this that Tackett is certainly forthcoming and has solid insight. I am generally exicited by what i am hearing. I think the KHSAA is certainly doing what it can

with regards to what was said unless i missed anything.

1. fans will be limited and they will ask for a higher number. They will be asking for phased in attendance. Tackett made it clear that if you schedule a rival early then your dilusional if you think that you will be permitted to have more fans permitted versus if you wait till later

2. players not on the 60 man roster will be allowed to attend games, (as it was understood via the health department) providing they are in the stands

3. If a team were to come down with a outbreak even during the playoffs then your just crap out of luck. He more than once used Iowa baseball team as an example as to this.

4. They will ask for a normal allotment of funds for officials pay. That was a natural concern.

did i miss anything??

they are currently voting on allowing basketball to start on the 15th of october and russell thompson has a motion on the floor to allow high profile players to participate in aau until oct 15

motion overwhelmingly passes 17-1 for one year only