Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Johnson Central @ Bell Co 9/11
Thoughts? That’s if this season truly starts.
I do see a good thing out of this being the first game. There will be a lot of rust to work out for everyone, both teams will have new QBs.
That’s a great game to start the season out with.
fridaynightfights Wrote:That’s a great game to start the season out with.

Maybe a great game on paper....but JC has much more returning than Bell. Losing Stephany is a BLOW to that offense. It will take awhile for Bell to gain their offensive footing. If this game shakes out......JC will dominate in every facet
Actually Bell has more returning starters than Johnson Central according to the what I have looked at.
Bull got out! Wrote:Actually Bell has more returning starters than Johnson Central according to the what I have looked at.

We return 3/4 of our team from last year. Our RB position is so deep. This season will be typical Bell Co football team in losing London.
Can’t believe bell schedule this one. Johnson Central is in for a treat of tricky on and off the field :HitWall::HitWall: Good luck Golden Eagles
Bull got out! Wrote:Actually Bell has more returning starters than Johnson Central according to the what I have looked at.

Not about starters....it’s about talent, size and depth. JC dominated Belfry last year.....and Belfry controlled Bell at Kroger Field from beginning to end. The only offense Bell had at Kroger Field WAS Stephany. Not a knock against Bell...this game is way too early on the schedule. JC will dominate this game.....IF they even play. Just have too wait and see.
Bell Co. leads the series, 5-0.
1995 Bell Co. 52-8 (Playoffs)
1997 Bell Co. 13-10 (Playoffs)
1998 Bell Co. 22-6 (Playoffs)
2009 Bell Co. 36-6
2010 Bell Co. 42-18

it was either the 1997 or 1998 game @ Log Mountain that some JC fans say was the coldest game they've ever attended.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Not about starters....it’s about talent, size and depth. JC dominated Belfry last year.....and Belfry controlled Bell at Kroger Field from beginning to end. The only offense Bell had at Kroger Field WAS Stephany. Not a knock against Bell...this game is way too early on the schedule. JC will dominate this game.....IF they even play. Just have too wait and see.

I agree. It is about talent and size. I think 4 teams on JC schedule will be a decent game and this Bell game will be one of them. Of course JC is the top team in 4a and rightfully so. Playing possibly one of the or the top team in 3a. Time will tell. Good luck to both teams.
JC lost 4 of their top 5 rushers. Big school, but hard to replace that much and with what little time in pads they will have. Plus the score has JC already down 7-0 playing against Dudley on Log Mountain. Would be a great game for later in the year, but we need to be hopeful and thankful for what we can get. Stay safe everyone and hoping for a quick recovery if you or friend/family has Covid 19.
I think people are being too hard on Bell. This is a team that won 14 games and returns over 15 starters from a State Runner-Up.

Stephany is a monster hole to fill because of his value to that Offense, but if you ever said that Dudley Hilton would have the almost all his team back after they reached a State Finals, you know that is going to be a tough squad.

With that said, Johnson Central is just too stout... but I expect Bell to play them tough. JC usually has some growing pains early on and the Bell experience will help them.

I don't think this will be a nailbiter but I fully expect everyone to come out of this game expecting Bell to firmly be in the 3A race.
JC runs away with this one and beats Bell Co like a drum, this one is going to be ugly. Stephany was the only reason Bell was in the state finals last year.
four quarters Wrote:JC lost 4 of their top 5 rushers. Big school, but hard to replace that much and with what little time in pads they will have. Plus the score has JC already down 7-0 playing against Dudley on Log Mountain. Would be a great game for later in the year, but we need to be hopeful and thankful for what we can get. Stay safe everyone and hoping for a quick recovery if you or friend/family has Covid 19.

If you think Johnson Central is gonna be down this year then you don’t keep up with football other than Bell Co very much
Dudley Hilton’s credentials speaks a lot about his coaching ability but the talent disparity is just to great in this one. Dudley will maybe be able to keep it close for a quarter maybe two, because it’s Dudley. But Matney is no slouch and he’s got a stable full of studs eventually JC’s gonna pull away
From where i stand, this one should be a lot closer than anticipated. JC is going to have growing pains cause they lose a large portion of production but still are at a top-of-the-state caliber lever. Bell County loses the biggest piece of the puzzle in stephany but returns a lot regarding the running game with a lot of explosiveness and the defense hardly took a hit from last season. This one should be closer than some expect it to be, especially with no scrimmage/camp like settings and one week of pads for a JC backfield team to step into big time football.
I'm as big of a JC football fan that you'll find.... anybody predicting a JC blowout isn't a true JC fan either.

- Playing @ Bell County, you're already down 0-14 before you get off the bus.
- JC has to replace the best QB is school history & a senior class that were Men among boys.
- No scrimmages and a completely different practice regimen than we've ever seen.

Make no mistake about it, JC has the pieces to win our 3rd state title.
Of course I think JC will win against Bell County, but not in a blowout/running clock fashion. If we do win with a running clock, 4A had better watch out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Granny Bear
I agree, if this game was one of the last of the season, it MIGHT get out of hand, but under the circumstances, believing it will be a blow out is foolish. I would love to be proven wrong though.
test
Test
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Not many teams go to Log Mountain and beat a Dudley Hilton coached football team like a drum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Deuce8
Does anyone think this might be the game to get cancelled if the plan continues as is?
Bell 27
JC 18
(08-04-2020, 03:30 AM)four quarters Wrote: JC lost 4 of their top 5 rushers.  Big school, but hard to replace that much and with what little time in pads they will have.  Plus the score has JC already down 7-0 playing against Dudley on Log Mountain.  Would be a great game for later in the year, but we need to be hopeful and thankful for what we can get.  Stay safe everyone and hoping for a quick recovery if you or friend/family has Covid 19.
Down 7-0 at log mt? You’re being generous
(08-25-2020, 09:13 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 03:30 AM)four quarters Wrote: JC lost 4 of their top 5 rushers.  Big school, but hard to replace that much and with what little time in pads they will have.  Plus the score has JC already down 7-0 playing against Dudley on Log Mountain.  Would be a great game for later in the year, but we need to be hopeful and thankful for what we can get.  Stay safe everyone and hoping for a quick recovery if you or friend/family has Covid 19.
Down 7-0 at log mt? You’re being generous
I said teams are down 0-14 before they arrive at the field.
Great first round match up. Johnson will get cobwebs out by halftime then the game will get ugly.
johnson by 26 .. but this game helps us in the long run
Log Mtn. and Dudley hard place and Coach to beat. I think it will be a good game. JC by 14
Eagles will be up for this one and what away to get started. JC by16
Not many teams can beat Bell Co like a drum on Flag Mountain!

I do believe JC will take this game, but not by a blow out. Depending on how HC's game goes with KC, I just might sneak out early and try to catch the ending of this one!!

Play safe everyone!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • 606CATS, IntheZone