Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Martin County Cardinals
6-3 or 7-2
5-4
How are things looking over there CardinalAlum?
jetpilot Wrote:How are things looking over there CardinalAlum?

It’s going good for what we can do in this segment. Numbers are great even doing the pods, so I think it has the making to be a special year.
The middle school looks great too. They are gonna be a good team going into high school. I’m seriously worried they will be the last decent team. Their youth program that feeds the middle and high school has all but fallen apart with no one making a real effort to put it back together. 1 high school, 1 middle school and no kids coming up to fill those spots. Enjoy the next 4 or 5 years bc I predict that’ll be the end of football in Martin Co.
6-3 or 7-2
They get beat by Shelby Valley and West Carter
The possible lost is going to come with East Carter
SCHS98 Wrote:The middle school looks great too. They are gonna be a good team going into high school. I’m seriously worried they will be the last decent team. Their youth program that feeds the middle and high school has all but fallen apart with no one making a real effort to put it back together. 1 high school, 1 middle school and no kids coming up to fill those spots. Enjoy the next 4 or 5 years bc I predict that’ll be the end of football in Martin Co.

Having taken over the youth league it's a slow rebuild, the schedule is there for it but with our numbers being low anyway and other sports leagues playing through the season it's tough. So maybe don't speak on things you don't know about.
I do know. I have kids in the program in Martin Co that play. I’ve watched it fall apart and your effort to put it back together. I’m just worried about future teams. IMO fall baseball ruined it last year and it won’t recover if folks try that stunt again.
I must say I watched Cody’s effort last year to make an attempt to put it back together. Poor guy was coaching non stop and roll right into 5/6th grade practice after 7/8th grade practice. Games had already been scheduled with no hope for our kids to get many games in the schedule. No fault of his own it flopped and I don’t recall seeing much help out there for him with the little kids. I hope you have more help this year Josh.
Oleballcoach Wrote:6-3 or 7-2

I agree completely
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:5-4

Agree.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Agree.

Who would be the 4 losses?
It is nice seeing Sheldon Clark/Martin County back feeling optimistic about their football team.

Better program and tradition then people realize!

The Cardinals return a lot of experience on Offense for sure.
Cards should be in that 1/2 spot for the district this season.
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:5-4

You see 4 losses on that schedule?

You a betting man by any chance?
Oleballcoach Wrote:6-3 or 7-2

WC and SV are both good football teams. But MC returns 3 running backs, one that the neither SV or WC really got to see last year and 4 starters on the O line. I wouldn’t count the Cards out of the hunt for the district just yet. This is the strongest team they have had in over ten years and more talented than they were a year ago. Y’all better not sleep on em
Cardinals ride Wrote:WC and SV are both good football teams. But MC returns 3 running backs, one that the neither SV or WC really got to see last year and 4 starters on the O line. I wouldn’t count the Cards out of the hunt for the district just yet. This is the strongest team they have had in over ten years and more talented than they were a year ago. Y’all better not sleep on em

Martin County will be good. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them in the district championship game. But don’t forget Martin County has never seen a fully healthy West Carter either. West Carter brings back 8-9 starters on offense. I do expect Martin County to give the Comets some trouble on the ground though. Can’t wait to see how this district shakes out! Definitely the most competitive district on the Eastern end of the class.
CardinalAlum Wrote:Cards should be in that 1/2 spot for the district this season.

Would not be surprised to see them in the district title game.