•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a 2020 football season?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Following Fayette County public schools’ lead in football is rarely a good idea.

:truestory:
jetpilot Wrote:How many flu deaths do we tolerate before we close everything?
How many car wreck deaths will you tolerate before you advocate closing all the roads?

Simple answer and no changing the subject.

I just saw a list that showed no deaths in Kentucky at all from the 10 to 30 age group from the virus. It's hard to believe that could be true with all the talk of deaths with sports.
Budsqueezer Wrote:Fayette schools going to at home learning to begin school year might be a killer to our hopes for a football season.

Same thing for Pikeville Independent. First two weeks are online to get through Labor Day.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Interesting article:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/hi...497899002/
Spud6 Wrote:Same thing for Pikeville Independent. First two weeks are online to get through Labor Day.

Pikeville is currently scheduled to start on their “Yellow” code which is a hybrid block schedule for the first twelve days. Students (who choose the in school option) will be placed in two groups and attend school accordingly.
There will be an option for Fall Football in 2020 - Verified.
Badman how much can you elaborate?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pikeville is currently scheduled to start on their “Yellow” code which is a hybrid block schedule for the first twelve days. Students (who choose the in school option) will be placed in two groups and attend school accordingly.

Yep, wife explained that to me today. I heard one thing and ran with it. That’s my ignorance running on head say

Should’ve listened to my wife who’s a teacher at Pikeville lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
footballfever Wrote:You’re the one referring to him all the time!!! I guess it could be a GUT feeling on my part.

It's up to you if you want to be GUTted. Keep it in the closet.
I would say that football will be pushed to the Spring with most districts already deciding to put the first semester as virtual learning.
I'm hearing some awfully good stuff about Tuesday, but as you know things change daily and these numbers are going in the wrong direction and no matter how you feel those numbers are what the so called experts are relying on, but everything looks positive from what I'm hearing. Stay tuned.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:I'm hearing some awfully good stuff about Tuesday, but as you know things change daily and these numbers are going in the wrong direction and no matter how you feel those numbers are what the so called experts are relying on, but everything looks positive from what I'm hearing. Stay tuned.

Numbers are going in the right direction and CDC says schools should be open.
https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1280491183639334921

Click on show this thread and read all the way down.

"For children (0-17 years), cumulative COVID-19 hospitalization rates are much lower than cumulative influenza hospitalization rates at comparable time points during recent influenza seasons."
--CDC COVIDView, same language every week
jetpilot Wrote:https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1280491183639334921

Click on show this thread and read all the way down.

"For children (0-17 years), cumulative COVID-19 hospitalization rates are much lower than cumulative influenza hospitalization rates at comparable time points during recent influenza seasons."
--CDC COVIDView, same language every week

For every 20 or so kids in a school there are atleast 2 adults or more including teachers, guidance counselors, administrators, teacher’s assistants, lunchroom staff, janitorial and so on. That’s the problem it’s not just about the kids.
WkuFan Wrote:For every 20 or so kids in a school there are atleast 2 adults or more including teachers, guidance counselors, administrators, teacher’s assistants, lunchroom staff, janitorial and so on. That’s the problem it’s not just about the kids.

Follow guidelines. Football is going to be played all over. Pro, college and HS.
Scared people stay home.
WkuFan Wrote:For every 20 or so kids in a school there are atleast 2 adults or more including teachers, guidance counselors, administrators, teacher’s assistants, lunchroom staff, janitorial and so on. That’s the problem it’s not just about the kids.

For every one person that’s has coved there is a hospital full of doctors and nurses who care for these patients and then go back to there families and live life as well. It’s been happening during this whole pandemic. You can’t stop living, gotta keep a little faith and move forward.
jetpilot Wrote:Numbers are going in the right direction and CDC says schools should be open.

I seen that also that got me hyped, but Governor Andy said Friday that if things don't change by next week there is going to be some changes and he is going to recommend no in person school if they are set to start in early August, you can go back and watch it and like him or not he has final say and yesterday was the 2nd highest day of positive test in Kentucky. I don't know who to believe anymore, but I do know personally of a couple teenagers that are very sick. I think football people are going to be very happy with what the Khsaa puts out Tuesday, but does it really mean anything. Question, how can it not be safe enough to put kids in school but safe enough to have high school sports? I'm all for playing, but how does that work?
Have all sports kids in the Fall do online school. Keep them at home except for practice and games. Best chance at a “Bubble” high schools sports can offer. Test them on Monday every week. No Fans, online streaming games for money. Everyone in masks except athletes at games. This is the best model for sports to happen this fall. I’m not scared, but the media is making people scared. Hopefully a vaccine will be here by next Summer.

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
7h
Florida: 223,000 positive #SARSCoV2 tests in three weeks - 10,000 a day - and ~NO CHANGE in hospitalizations or ICU occupancy statewide. You say epidemic, I say a lot of people getting colds, let’s call the whole thing off. (We’ll see if Florida has any excess mortality in July.)
jetpilot Wrote:
Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
7h
Florida: 223,000 positive #SARSCoV2 tests in three weeks - 10,000 a day - and ~NO CHANGE in hospitalizations or ICU occupancy statewide. You say epidemic, I say a lot of people getting colds, let’s call the whole thing off. (We’ll see if Florida has any excess mortality in July.)

All that means is numbers in = numbers out. Still having 50-100 people die per day in Florida.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:All that means is numbers in = numbers out. Still having 50-100 people die per day in Florida.

I just got back from FL. Most deaths are in nursing homes, or elderly people who were already in poor health. You should stay home though just in case.

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
34m
If another Spanish flu ever hits - much less anything worse - I'm truly terrified the developed world will collapse.

If a virus that kills 1 in 400 people - and maybe 1 in 10,000 people under 50 - causes this level of panic, what are we going to do if something serious strikes?
jetpilot Wrote:I just got back from FL. Most deaths are in nursing homes, or elderly people who were already in poor health. You should stay home though just in case.

Alex Berenson
@AlexBerenson
·
34m
If another Spanish flu ever hits - much less anything worse - I'm truly terrified the developed world will collapse.

If a virus that kills 1 in 400 people - and maybe 1 in 10,000 people under 50 - causes this level of panic, what are we going to do if something serious strikes?

Knew you’d get defensive. Maybe you should stay off the internet if you get you defensive so quick from a reply.
WkuFan Wrote:Have all sports kids in the Fall do online school. Keep them at home except for practice and games. Best chance at a “Bubble” high schools sports can offer. Test them on Monday every week. No Fans, online streaming games for money. Everyone in masks except athletes at games. This is the best model for sports to happen this fall. I’m not scared, but the media is making people scared. Hopefully a vaccine will be here by next Summer.
I figured you’d throw in mandated mail in voting as well just to be safe. How’s that’s flu vaccine been working out all these years?
What about the vaccine for the common cold?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:All that means is numbers in = numbers out. Still having 50-100 people die per day in Florida.

How many people die daily in Florida normally?
plantmanky Wrote:How many people die daily in Florida normally?

You tell me. I do not know
Virginia announced today they are moving football to February and games would start March 1st.
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:This is BEST case scenario but I’m remaining optimistic. I hope your sources are correct though!

His sources are correct, however, the governor will decide the fate of all sports. Not KHSAA.
TheColonel Wrote:His sources are correct, however, the governor will decide the fate of all sports. Not KHSAA.

Tackett is waiting for the governor to be the bad guy. He’s not going to do it
TheColonel Wrote:His sources are correct, however, the governor will decide the fate of all sports. Not KHSAA.

Will if sources are true. I’ll be a very happy camper but I don’t see how the Governor will allow it.
#BBFL
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next