Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Cancels Practice After More Players Test Positive
Spud6 Wrote:New update from WYMT:

38 Total cases tied to Hazard football program

https://www.wymt.com/2020/07/10/more-haz...on-hiatus/

And IMO that's why there won't be a football season until a vaccine is developed.
With Asymptomatic rates climbing towards 50%, it's starting to become really clear that the test results are flawed.. Why the number of positive tests are not the issue in my opinion.. Looking at the hospitalization numbers and the survival rates should be the basis for many decisions and knee jerk reactions. Number of cases is just TV drama for CNN, MSNBC and of course ANDY DANDY..
Westside Wrote:And IMO that's why there won't be a football season until a vaccine is developed.

All a vaccine does is create lots of $$$$ for very corrupt people.
plantmanky Wrote:All a vaccine does is create lots of $$$$ for very corrupt people.

There is more to it than that but that's a debate for another thread. I would like to keep this on topic as much as possible. I hope all those in Hazard that have been infected by this virus recover quickly.
plantmanky Wrote:All a vaccine does is create lots of $$$$ for very corrupt people.

You don't want to see high school football again?
HCS Wrote:You don't want to see high school football again?

Loaded question because I have to look at this from different eyes than just what "I Want".

However to answer you question, personally, yes I want to see some sort of football in the fall.
July 7th was the test date, did the first case recover? All these should be recovered or about to be recovered? Any information on it and how they are doing?
Question...

The person who started this spread would have gotten the virus whether he played football or not.

THe question needs to be, did him playing football cause him to spread it to more or fewer people? on first thought most likely think football caused more spread. But is that really the case?

If he had not had football, would he had found out that he had a fever? Would he have ever gone and gotten a test to begin with ? Would he have instead been out doing whatever he wanted socially? Would contact tracing have been as easy?

Also, what precautions were taken by the team to limit the spread? Were they properly cleaning the weightroom?

These things are going to happen. but the question we have to ask is this. Does having organized activities with temp checks, cleaning, masks etc, help control the spread more than just letting people do whatever they want to do?
You make a good point
How are the Hazard players who tested positive doing? Since it seems only bad news gets reported these days I'm hoping that means everyone is ok over at Hazard.
Anyone have the latest?
Not heard about Hazard but a kid from Pulaski County got diagnosed positive.
^Hope the kid is ok!
You gotta think there will be more of this happening. Gotta roll with the punches and continue on the best ya can.
Go Blazers Go Wrote:Question...

The person who started this spread would have gotten the virus whether he played football or not.

THe question needs to be, did him playing football cause him to spread it to more or fewer people? on first thought most likely think football caused more spread. But is that really the case?

If he had not had football, would he had found out that he had a fever? Would he have ever gone and gotten a test to begin with ? Would he have instead been out doing whatever he wanted socially? Would contact tracing have been as easy?

Also, what precautions were taken by the team to limit the spread? Were they properly cleaning the weightroom?

These things are going to happen. but the question we have to ask is this. Does having organized activities with temp checks, cleaning, masks etc, help control the spread more than just letting people do whatever they want to do?

These are very good points.