Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Defense
Bengal Cat Wrote:Yes I agree with you. As i said in another post....teams are dinking & dunking us to death with short passes. Its almost like we are in prevent mode without being in prevent formation. I guess Chuck is pleased with it though. Heres a quote from him after the Saints game last week......

Bresnahan"Our coverage was better. Not any big plays to speak of with the longest pass 19 (yards) and the longest run nine," Bresnahan said. "But we have to be more consistent."

I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather take a chance on our DB's covering the big play than letting teams just walk down the field easily and scoring, all the while burning 8 minutes off the clock. Give a team a shot at the big play and more than likely, they don't complete it.......takes a perfect pass (longer) and catch........unlike the short stuff. Also More.....is it just me or do our DB's hardly ever get up to the line of scrimmage and try to bump a reciever off his pattern within the 5 yards? IMO this defensive scheme is not aggressive enough.

That is exactly what was so frustrating about the Bengals' D last year. The secondary gave way too much cushion, and always allowed the other team's receivers to basically set up camp just past the first down marker. Just eliminating the big play does not mean you are doing well as a defense. To hear Bresnahan say that he was happy with the D just because there weren't any big plays is very disappointing to me. Maybe they should just can him after this year if we continue to allow other teams to pick up most of their 3rd down conversions.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]