Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 64 -- East Ridge 54 -- 59th Championship
Wow. I wasn't expecting this one.

Shelby Valley - 64
East Ridge - 54

The second half for Valley was great.

Rock on, Cats.
Shelby Valley is on a roll.....I love it...
Congrats Shelby Valley
Awesome win for Valley.

Napier is a positve coach and thats what these girls needed. I'm glad to see them finally winning games... and at the right time too.
Congrats Valley!!
Congrats Valley! They came out not shooting good at all in the 1st half..They really scared me at first..But then in the 2nd half they picked it up on the offensive end and came out with a win...Leandra Mullins came out with a all tournament team trophy and Eshter won the MVP of the tournament.....Congrats again Lady Kats
Valleys defense has really picked up. You just couldn't stop these girls in the 2nd half. Does anyone know how many points and steals Esther had?
Congratulations Shelby Valley.

I'm very proud of all of you!

Esther had 22 points according to the newspaper--
There were also quite a few others in double digits.
I know Sasha Stanley had 17 and Sally Roberts was also in double digits!

Defense is what made the second half for the Lady Kats. They turned their steals into baskets 2 or 3 times in a row.

It came down to who wanted it more--

Once again, congratulations Lady Kats!
The Lady Warriors came out playing a great game, but this being the first year that they have ever made it to the championship game, they came out a little shaky. I would just like to congratulate the girls on overcoming a lot of adversity this year. Mr.Kilgore has set out to destroy the girls programs at East Ridge, and with the coaching change this year, I think that it has only made the girls stronger. Way to go Warriors, Good luck in the Region.
Good Luck in regionals ER!!!
great game by the lady wildcats
good luck to you and your boys in region as well as er girls and boys
Good win for Valley thought it would b a little closer.

Good job ER happy to c u all over come alot.

Good Luck to both programs.
Hats off to those Lady Wildcats they proved everyone wrong and overcame the odds. They played so well and they hardly missed a basket.... they just wanted it more and they deserve it ....I thought Sally Roberts should have had a all tourney trophy she is very young and stepped up BIG TIME for the wildcats she was the difference in the game......hats off to her as well

As for the Lady Warriors congrats on making your first ever bid to region you should have came out with the win but the shots just weren't falling and SV just had more luck ...instead of the ball falling to ER's side it fell to SV... but thats alright the Lady Warriors are famous for getting beat learning from what they did wrong and coming back even stronger....good luck in region to both teams and watch out Belfry these warriors aren't gonna lay down just yet!
congrats sv!

i'm glad to see you all come around at the right time.
ester had 6 steals
roberts had 4

i think valley has one of the best defensive teams in the region.

congrats to fleming on the MVP
SV won but I saw ER play with intensity. They were mentally ready for that game
...and so was Valley
Congrats S.V. I looked for this to be a closer game..I'm proud of yuns...Congrats to all the girls that made the all Tournament team...
congratulations valley.
i dont think that east ridge's girls overcame alot of their nerves. in the second half the girls did not seem to be playing too much attention to the game at all. jodi yates made a steal, tried to pass to courtney conley, but courtney had her back to the ball, so valley got it back again. silly things like that and not being able to drop some needed shots gave valley the win.

congrats to east ridge though for being able to go on to the regional tournament and overcoming alot this season. the lose of a coach around 5 days before their first game was a lot to overcome. mr. kilgore along with most of east ridge does not give those girls the attention that they deserve. go lady warriors, I for one am proud of you all!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin