Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 88 Scott County 68
Scott County is 24-5 in the 11th Region and was riding a 16 game winning streak and North Laurel goes to Scott County tonight and wins by 20.
I Tried to say that North Laurel was the real deal and someone on here said that they Might be top 50 in the state. And wouldn’t be top 10 in the Louisville Region. Lol
Last time I checked Scott County Girls were pretty good. So good win by North Laurel.
Big win for North! North and South will be huge in the 13th regional
Maybe I underestimated North or maybe Scott County isnt the old Scott County it used to be. We will see how it all plays out the next couple weeks.
Scott Co.’s scores indicate they were still very good. They won at South by 10 a couple of weeks ago. Now, that was before Collett came back, and South beat a pretty good Rockcastle team by almost 40 last night. So yeah, North-South in the region will be epic.
Van Hagar Wrote:Scott Co.’s scores indicate they were still very good. They won at South by 10 a couple of weeks ago. Now, that was before Collett came back, and South beat a pretty good Rockcastle team by almost 40 last night. So yeah, North-South in the region will be epic.

Especially after canceling their regular season matchups. South has got their big center Pressley from Somerset eligible now as well.
DukeBoy Wrote:Maybe I underestimated North or maybe Scott County isnt the old Scott County it used to be. We will see how it all plays out the next couple weeks.

They aren't nearly as good as they have been not sure they are even ranked, they have 2 really good players, one going to Morehead and the other is for sure going D1, but after that they are just regular. Think North was up by like 1 at the end of the third, and went on like a 29-5 run or something like that.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:They aren't nearly as good as they have been not sure they are even ranked, they have 2 really good players, one going to Morehead and the other is for sure going D1, but after that they are just regular. Think North was up by like 1 at the end of the third, and went on like a 29-5 run or something like that.

Well I think most teams would be very happy with two D-1 players and the rest just “regular”. Maybe not quite up to Scott Co.’s best years, but still good. They were ranked 7th in the last AP poll, for whatever that’s worth.
So North Laurel beat the number 7th ranked team in the AP poll by 20 at their place? A team with 2 division 1 signees. I would say that in order to do that your team would have to be one of the better teams in the state.
I've watched both North and South play....and I think either one of them could get hot and beat any team in the state. They are both extremely talented teams. There shouldn't be any reason that this isn't your 13th regional championship. unless they draw to play in the semifinals.
cchsfan4life Wrote:I've watched both North and South play....and I think either one of them could get hot and beat any team in the state. They are both extremely talented teams. There shouldn't be any reason that this isn't your 13th regional championship. unless they draw to play in the semifinals.

They are the best two teams for sure, but they aren’t invincible. If they both show up then one of them will win the region, but 2 or 3 other teams could knock one of them off if they don’t show up to play (likely no one else could beat them both back to back in region tourney).
I'm not sure that an all-star team of the rest of the region would have anything for North or South this year. Rest of the 13th is way down. Nobody out of the 51st or 52nd is a realistic threat. Jackson County might be the third best team in the region.