Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gary Brown (Wolfe County) Wins 14th Region COY
Congratulations to Gary Brown for winning the 14th Region COY award. 2nd year in a row winning this award. Good luck to him and his team the rest of the season.
Really?
Coach Brown has won 20+ games and not played a cupcake schedule with a team that has 2 girls that would start for any of the other top teams but the others would be role players off the bench. When you get more out of less that should be acknowledged. Coming into this season he had 3-4 girls that had played meaningful minutes of varsity basketball on the whole team.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Coach Brown has won 20+ games and not played a cupcake schedule

I couldn’t agree more with season sweeps over Riverside, Jackson City, Breathitt, Buckhorn, lee county. Not to mention, Jenkins (71-37) and Prestonsburg (62 - 27). Best win would have to be against that perennial powerhouse Owsley County.
In four of their games this year the opponent actually had a winning record. Not so much in the other 22 games
Wolfe has 1 win over Hazard who is #1 in the region in the RPI
Wolfe has 2 wins over Owsley County who is #3 in the region in the RPI
Beat Phelps who is #5 in the 15th
Lost to Danville by 1 who is #22 in the state in a game they led by 5 with 2mins left

You make fun of the Prestonsburg win yet Prestonsburg beat Letcher Central at Letcher Central.
You make fun of the powerhouse Owsley County yet Owsley County has 3 wins over Knott County the last 2 years. And Knott is the 3 time defending Regional Champion.
Wolfe plays the same schedule they have played for the last 15 years.
They wasn’t suppose to beat Owsley in the All A last year
And they had no chance against Leslie in the All A last year. Yet somehow they won the All A.
Your probably right tho, they are not very good. Lol

Maybe Breathitt County can hire you to be their next coach and you can win the award.
[QUOTE=Maybe Breathitt County can hire you to be their next coach and you can win the award.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. Think you have to be from Wolfe County girls or boys to win that award. Hard to argue with wins against owsley and such. Heck of a coach to allow a player to score 30 in a quarter against the sisters of the poor team. I personally like the Perry central coach or Riverside coach for coach of the year. I liked Breathitt coach for that award last year.
wannacat Wrote:In four of their games this year the opponent actually had a winning record. Not so much in the other 22 games

Teams they have played this season with winning records And their records

Summer town, TN 21-6
Skyline Alabama 24-4
CPA Nashville 22-5
Phelps 16-9
Owsley twice 19-7
Hazard twice 16-7
Danville 19-7

So that’s 9 games right there
Few more than 4 lol
It’s all relative. You forgot Riverside. They have 16 wins. I imagine their opponents records are not that great either.
Whats relative? You said only 4 games and it was actually 9.
I didn’t count riverside winning record since their best win was over Breathitt.

Every post you make on here is negative. Every single post.

You ask if John Noble is on the hot seat. John Noble May be the best coach in the 14th Region.
You mock the hiring of Alex Hamilton as Breathitt baseball coach.
He was a Division 1 player who excelled at the next level and may be the best Breathitt baseball player to ever play there.
Who could they have possibly hired that would have been better than him.
14th region fanman Wrote:Whats relative? You said only 4 games and it was actually 9.
I didn’t count riverside winning record since their best win was over Breathitt.

Every post you make on here is negative. Every single post.

You ask if John Noble is on the hot seat. John Noble May be the best coach in the 14th Region.
You mock the hiring of Alex Hamilton as Breathitt baseball coach.
He was a Division 1 player who excelled at the next level and may be the best Breathitt baseball player to ever play there.
Who could they have possibly hired that would have been better than him.

You stalking me now? Just call it as I see it. Was responding to guy who stated Wolfe played a cupcake free schedule. If my posts are negative so be it. Don’t read them. Why u so butt hurt over my post?
John Noble is 43-45 in three years at Breathitt that may be good enough in Wolfe County. Don’t know? Legitimate question to ask if he’s on the hot seat. I don’t care if Ken Kriffey Jr. wants to coach at your school, if he’s the son of the school board chairman that’s nepotism.
I’m not butt hurt over anything. I was just stating facts, while you just make up numbers.
Just stating, Wolfe schedule is the same every year. Not like they loaded up on cupcakes.
They have played the same teams for years.
You made fun of powerhouse Owsley County when a fact is that Owsley County is one of the best teams in the region. As their 3 wins over Knott County proves
You made up the number 4 saying that only 4 of the 27 games Wolfe had played was against winning teams.
When the fact is that the number is 11. 11 of Wolfe’s 27 games have come against teams with a winning record.
You said that you think that Riverside’s coach should have won the award. When if he had of won, you would have made fun of their cupcake schedule.
I think Jeff Honeycutt should have won the award. And I think he is the best girls coach in the 14th region.

But I’m done going back and forth with you. Just try and state facts not made up numbers.
Basketball is almost over and softball will start, maybe we can argue over softball then. Because Wolfe County is gonna win in that as well. Fact
[QUOTE=You made up the number 4 saying that only 4 of the 27 games Wolfe had played was against winning teams. [/QUOTE]

Like I said, I was only responding to the poster that mentioned Wolfe Counties non-cup cake schedule. Since you won’t let it die. I made up nothing. I should have stated that of Wolfe’s 21 games they have won, only four times did their opponent have a winning record, that is a fact. One of their six losses came against an opponent with a loosing record. Wolve will make it to the regional and lose in the first round as usual.
Brown does a great job . Congratulations!!!!
I’ve really wanted to stay out of this what ever you say about the coach is your opinion but when you start running your mouth about the kids shows no respect for the teams the kids that go out and play their hearts out for our entertainment like I said in another post about riverside any team that can go out and score 50-60 points in a game with an evenly matched team has my respect if you want to call them weak or whatever no different than KY playing Pikeville everyone schedules some of these games every year you mentioned breathitts coach from last year and PCC coach this year which are one of same so I’m guessing your from breathitt and sounds like your mad at Wolfe for Breathitt most likely not going to make it this year you can’t blame Wolfe for what’s going on at Breathitt I would say most of the problems going on up there are from parents or fans like you that think they can coach better and keeps something stirred up all the time no coach is perfect we all think we know best but instead of contributing to there problems keep you mouth shut and give them time to get it worked out breathitt will bounce back just support what you have and be happy
Skyline Alabama 24-4
Phelps 16-9
Owsley twice 19-7
Hazard once 16-7

Those are 5 wins there so the 4 wins that you stated above is not a fact.
Wolfe has 5 losses not the 6 you stated so that’s not a fact.

Wolfe may well lose in the first round of the region. If so, that would be almost exactly what they always do. We don’t have the tradition that Breathitt does. We are a small All A school just trying to compete. We know what we are.
But I’m hoping the team that I root for gets to the region and makes a decent showing.
Never do I get on here and rip Wolfe County down or say how bad they are.

You on the other hand, constantly complain about the team you root for. Or maybe your not a Breathitt fan. Idk
I do know what Wolfe is pretty much what they always are, maybe they are a little better this year maybe they are not.
Breathitt on the other hand is not a small All A school. Not long ago you all won 4 straight regional titles. And now your losing to Riverside twice in a season, your the 4 seed in the worst district in the state. And the future doesn’t look a lot better. But with fans like you I can see where the decline is coming from.
I still think Jeff Honeycutt should have won the COY, Knott or Hazard has played the hardest schedule in the region.
What I do know is that the COY is voted on by the other coaches in the region just like POY. So obviously not only do you know more than anyone in Breathitt County. You know more than any coach in the 14th region.
To be honest with you, I could care less about Wolfe County sports. Just talking smack trying to get a rise out of you. I’d be tickled pink if Wolfe’s boys and girls went to the state. Got a lot of good friends in campton
Lmao and Knott played horribly
????I don’t think you will find many people at the game that will say Knott played horrible at at. Lol they shot over 40% from 3 and over 80% from the line. If you do that in almost any game you’re going to win. What would you consider playing good? Lol
Reds#1Fan Wrote:????I don’t think you will find many people at the game that will say Knott played horrible at at. Lol they shot over 40% from 3 and over 80% from the line. If you do that in almost any game you’re going to win. What would you consider playing good? Lol

And 45 turnovers
🙄🙄🙄