6. Owsley
14th Basketball fan Wrote:1. Knott
2. Wolfe
3. Letcher
4. Hazard
5. Leslie
6. Owsley
Are these the 6 teams?

Owsley has defeated Leslie twice this year.
lol the fact that you don’t have Wolfe but list Owsley is puzzling seeing that Wolfe has beat the twice this season. Wolfe also has a win over Hazard.
I have Leslie above owsley just in case Owsley guard still has an injured wrist.
I think your a little bias not having Wolfe in there them beating Owsley twice this year and Hazard once and Perry or Leslie one most definitely won’t make it to region 99 percent sure Wolfe will make it sounds like u could use a refresher course in basketball Wolfe has led the rpi stats for the 14th region most of the year got the most wins in the region but most of you won’t give credit where credit is due I’ve seen all these teams play this year not going to say they are the best because most are pretty even it’s all about the matchup and who comes out to play but Wolfe is as tough as any other team in the region
I would list Wolfe 7th. They could beat any of the teams in the Region. I love the Smith girl. She is the best player in the region. Haley Caudill is a close 2nd.
Just dont think Wolfe is deep enough to win 3 big games in a row in the region. But it wouldnt hurt my feelings any if they did win the region. Gary Brown is a very deserving coach.
Wolfe is just 7 deep as long as they stay out of foul trouble they can play with any other team in the region
14th Basketball fan Wrote:I have Leslie above owsley just in case Owsley guard still has an injured wrist.

That’s understandable.
I heard it wasn’t broken but was a bad sprain. It’ll take a little while to get the soreness out of it.
Wolves fan Wrote:Wolfe is just 7 deep as long as they stay out of foul trouble they can play with any other team in the region
I agree with this. They have a good team and are capable of beating any team in the region, especially if Hailey Smith is at the top of her game.
Knott has to be the favorite. Followed by Letcher. Then it doesn’t matter how you lost them. Leslie, Owsley, Perry, Wolfe, Hazard all have a shot.
MountainBaller Wrote:Knott has to be the favorite. Followed by Letcher. Then it doesn’t matter how you lost them. Leslie, Owsley, Perry, Wolfe, Hazard all have a shot.
Owsley and Knott play in Booneville Monday. I’m not sure Herald will be back for Owsley by that time. They’ll definitely need her. They lost by 8 in Hindman early in the season. Knott was unconscious from the arc that night, making 11.
Knott is definitely the favorite and they have several young shooters who can shoot the lights out. But on a bad shooting nite could be beaten. I would throw Hazard in there but rumors of team turmoil have hurt their play evenly. Letcher, Leslie, Wolfe and Owsley all can play. Perry has a decent team but they are so young don’t consider them a realistic threat. They may be the team of the future.
4-15 Powell County played Knott to a 10 point game tonight. The Lady Patriots are a up and down type of team.
Perry is the team of the future? May have a good shot next year when Harris and Napier girl are seniors. In my opinion after next year the pond will be very dry. Didnt see much coming up from 7th and 8th grade thats going to improve their program. Saw a lot more over at Knott, Letcher, Estill, and Leslie in the middle school kids. Perry better make a run this year or next just by looking at their roster.
DukeBoy Wrote:Perry is the team of the future? May have a good shot next year when Harris and Napier girl are seniors. In my opinion after next year the pond will be very dry. Didnt see much coming up from 7th and 8th grade thats going to improve their program. Saw a lot more over at Knott, Letcher, Estill, and Leslie in the middle school kids. Perry better make a run this year or next just by looking at their roster.

Evidently you didn’t look too closely their roster this year has has 8 freshman and a 7th grader. They have kids coming up through the program at East Perry who have been competing very well in statewide competition.
SmileyTown Wrote:Evidently you didn’t look too closely their roster this year has has 8 freshman and a 7th grader. They have kids coming up through the program at East Perry who have been competing very well in statewide competition.

Statewide level? What grades? Didnt hear of any Perry County team taking part in the 7th or 8th grade Middle School State Tournament this season. I know several of their boys teams and RW Girls have competed and done well in it in the past but thats all I know.
Owsley knocks off Knott by 4. Still in my opinion the region is wide open. PCC, LCC, KCC, Owsley, hazard, Leslie, and Wolfe all have chances of winning.
DukeBoy Wrote:Perry is the team of the future? May have a good shot next year when Harris and Napier girl are seniors. In my opinion after next year the pond will be very dry. Didnt see much coming up from 7th and 8th grade thats going to improve their program. Saw a lot more over at Knott, Letcher, Estill, and Leslie in the middle school kids. Perry better make a run this year or next just by looking at their roster.
Owsley’s middle school was 33-3 this year. Of course Carly Smith who starts on the high school varsity and has 58 3-pointers this season, was on that team.
Owsley has a great basketball program has had for years they will be a great team for the next several years if Travis plays you enough he will figure out a way to beat you he’s a great coach it’s sad the officiating decides a lot of the games especially when tournament time comes here in the 14th region but you have to be 10-15 points better than Knott Hazard Letcher and Perry Central to have a chance against these teams the refs always favor these teams so good luck to the Owls and the Wolves in the tournament your playing 5 against 7-8 sometimes you have 1 ref afraid to call against the other 2 just play hard and have fun
Wolves fan please quit making excuses for Wolfe and Owsley. Both live and die by the 3. If they aint hitting its their own fault not the refs. Neither team has an inside presence and that makes it hard to win the region. They both are good teams but will have a hard time against bigger stronger deeper teams.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Owsley’s middle school was 33-3 this year. Of course Carly Smith who starts on the high school varsity and has 58 3-pointers this season, was on that team.

That is what you don’t understand when you say Owsley’s middle school Perry has 3 East has almost 800 students West about 850 and RW almost 600 then u throw in the other s the other smaller schools it’s a numbers thing but the program at East have some kids in the 5th and 6th they think will be able to compete statewide.they don’t have all the kids playing on 1 middle school team.
Your right Wolfe nor Owsley have any bigs and it does hurt but I see it year after year they always favor the big 4 you can say what you want wish they could just call it fair who ever comes out the players deserve a fair shake
Owsley and Wolfe will have to play lights out and almost turnover free. But they are capable of winning the region this year. Dont get them thinking they are beat before they even play. They dont need a chip on their shoulder. If they refs screw them then talk about the refs afterward.
SmileyTown Wrote:That is what you don’t understand when you say Owsley’s middle school Perry has 3 East has almost 800 students West about 850 and RW almost 600 then u throw in the other s the other smaller schools it’s a numbers thing but the program at East have some kids in the 5th and 6th they think will be able to compete statewide.they don’t have all the kids playing on 1 middle school team.
Oh but I do understand, lol. I know it’s a numbers thing. Perry has 3 big feeder schools and Owsley has one. That wasn’t the purpose of my post. The poster mentioned a bunch of good middle school teams last season and left Owsley out of his list and I wanted to point out that they also had a good team, as their 33-3 record indicates. But I totally understand that smaller school districts are always going to be in a struggle to compete with systems that have multiple feeder programs. Owsley is the smallest public school district in the region, with just 700 students K-12. The Perry’s and Letcher’s are always going to win the numbers game vs Owsley. To further my point, one could put every citizen living in Owsley County inside Knott County’s Morton Gym and still have 500 empty seats.