Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolfe County 56 Owsley County 51
Final from Owsley County.
Wolfe is starting to come back into form after a little slump in January. Should be ready for tournament time.
This game was Owsley 49-48 with about 3 minutes left in the game and Wolfe had a girl that hit a 3, her only points of the night, to put them back in front by 2 points. With about 30 seconds left in the game Wolfe led 53-51 and Owsley had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead but turned the ball over with a walking violation. After that Owsley was forced to foul and Wolfe was able to hold on and win.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:This game was Owsley 49-48 with about 3 minutes left in the game and Wolfe had a girl that hit a 3, her only points of the night, to put them back in front by 2 points. With about 30 seconds left in the game Wolfe led 53-51 and Owsley had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead but turned the ball over with a walking violation. After that Owsley was forced to foul and Wolfe was able to hold on and win.

It’s funny, these two teams have played twice this season. So in 64 minutes of basketball. Owsley has led Wolfe for about 13 seconds the entire year. And you want to quote the score that Owsley had the lead. That is the only time they had the lead in both games and it lasted for less than 20 seconds.
Wolfe led the entire game at their place during the All A and won by 6. In a game they were up 12 at one point. At no point during this game did Owsley ever lead.
And you said after the game that Wolfe has home court advantage and if that game was played at Owsley that they would have won.
Then the game is played at Owsley and Wolfe led by as many as 12 late in the first half. Led the entire second half. Owsley takes the lead for 13 seconds. Their only lead the entire year in 64 minutes of basketball. And you want to use that 13 seconds to say they had the lead and a Wolfe player scores her only points all night.
Like it was luck that Wolfe won the game.
When a team leads 63 minutes and 47 seconds of 2 total games. It has nothing to do with luck.
14th region fanman Wrote:It’s funny, these two teams have played twice this season. So in 64 minutes of basketball. Owsley has led Wolfe for about 13 seconds the entire year. And you want to quote the score that Owsley had the lead. That is the only time they had the lead in both games and it lasted for less than 20 seconds.
Wolfe led the entire game at their place during the All A and won by 6. In a game they were up 12 at one point. At no point during this game did Owsley ever lead.
And you said after the game that Wolfe has home court advantage and if that game was played at Owsley that they would have won.
Then the game is played at Owsley and Wolfe led by as many as 12 late in the first half. Led the entire second half. Owsley takes the lead for 13 seconds. Their only lead the entire year in 64 minutes of basketball. And you want to use that 13 seconds to say they had the lead and a Wolfe player scores her only points all night.
Like it was luck that Wolfe won the game.
When a team leads 63 minutes and 47 seconds of 2 total games. It has nothing to do with luck.
You’ve written a book about one comment that I made so I’ll write one too, lol.

Yes.... I’m going to write “that Owsley had the lead” .... regardless of how long they had it in the “64 minutes of basketball.” It’s the team I cheer for. What’s wrong with saying something positive for the girls a few weeks before post season tournaments begin?
Wolfe is obviously a slightly better team but I am going to give Owsley credit where it is due. They fought back and took the lead. Yes indeed they did. Wolfe retook the lead on a 3 pointer by a player who only scored 3 points in the JV game and the huge 3 in varsity game was her only points of that game. I didn’t say it was “luck” but I will say in a tight game toward the end of regulation that statistically speaking it was highly unlikely, but that’s basketball.
This was a game right down to the final horn. Halftime scores don’t mean squat . Owsley was down 2 within the last minute and didn’t get a shot off due to a turnover. Owsley’s pg Herald, who had 16 points, also was injured in the 4th quarter and never returned to the game and wasn’t available in the last crucial minutes.
Wolfe won at both places by 6 and 5 points and did hold leads throughout the games but those scores aren’t exactly blowouts. Wolfe won the first half in both games and Owsley won the second half in both but Wolfe was able to outscored them for the totals.
Wolfe is a good team, better than Owsley as proven by game scores...but not by much. I want to give them full credit. They’ve proven it on the scoreboard. But I’m going to give Owsley a little credit as well. They made a good comeback and put themselves in a position to win. On a night where we had a key player injured and heading to the hospital for X-rays before the game ever ended I was just trying to pick out some positive points to write about, as an Owsley fan. I imagine some of Owsley’s players, parents and fans read this site. I didn’t mean to come off as demeaning Wolfe’s victory. I’m sorry if it sounded that way. I only meant to imply that within the final minute that Owsley had a chance to win the game. Just putting a positive spin on the game for the Lady Owls team.
I’m taking nothing away from Owsley
County. They are a very good team. With some really good wins on their resume. I feel like they are easily one of the top teams in the region. And it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see them play in the finals of the region in 4 weeks.
Just saying the last 2 seasons Wolfe has played Owsley four times and won all four games. And after every game its always how Wolfe County got a break, Wolfe County had home court advantage,etc,etc
It’s like all four times Wolfe has beaten Owsley the last two seasons it’s a big upset or surprise.
I will not disrespect Owsley County. They are very good. And Lynch is one of the best players in the region.
In my opinion Lynch and Smith from Wolfe May be the 2 best players in the 14th Region.
14th region fanman Wrote:I’m taking nothing away from Owsley
County. They are a very good team. With some really good wins on their resume. I feel like they are easily one of the top teams in the region. And it wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see them play in the finals of the region in 4 weeks.
Just saying the last 2 seasons Wolfe has played Owsley four times and won all four games. And after every game its always how Wolfe County got a break, Wolfe County had home court advantage,etc,etc
It’s like all four times Wolfe has beaten Owsley the last two seasons it’s a big upset or surprise.
I will not disrespect Owsley County. They are very good. And Lynch is one of the best players in the region.
In my opinion Lynch and Smith from Wolfe May be the 2 best players in the 14th Region.
I think Hailey Smith and Lexy Lynch are two of the best players in the region. Hailey simply is huge against Owsley every time they play. She had 29 points last night. If I had to name a starting 5 region all star team it would definitely have both those girls on it.
Guys you both are right to a point it’s very likely you will see these two teams in the final the game last night I commend the refs for not calling all the little touch fouls it was a very aggressive game which both teams need to get use too as for some of the out of bounds calls and a moving pic over looked and a cpl flagrant fouls not called right I think the game would have not been as close but you have to expect that when going to Owsley I’m sure their fans feel the same on some of their away games but both teams are great teams and look forward to seeing them play again both teams can make it all the way just be the luck of the draw and how they match up with the other team they may beat a team that we couldn’t we might beat a team they couldn’t but when tournament time they both will have to come out to play in every game it will be different than the all A where Knott got an easy first 3 games not taking anything away from Knott but Wolfe Owsley or Hazard would have loved that draw the all a should be played more like distric by rankings that’s why you play hard in all games to get better seeded
Where is the girl’s regional held this year? Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Where is the girl’s regional held this year? Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
I was told it will be held at Letcher Central.