•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Hazard
I wouldn’t ever say Hines wouldn’t leave Pulaski.

The right job came open and a decent offer given, I’d think he’d go for it. Hines is top notch and given the talent, he can win at a high level. Hazard would lucky to have him.

Haddix isn’t leaving Corbin of Hazard. I get you’re avoiding Boyle and Johnson Central, but you can compete with those guys at Corbin better than you can compete with Pikeville at Hazard.
CowboyDad Wrote:I wouldn’t ever say Hines wouldn’t leave Pulaski.

The right job came open and a decent offer given, I’d think he’d go for it. Hines is top notch and given the talent, he can win at a high level. Hazard would lucky to have him.

Haddix isn’t leaving Corbin of Hazard. I get you’re avoiding Boyle and Johnson Central, but you can compete with those guys at Corbin better than you can compete with Pikeville at Hazard.

:Thumbs:
Bull got out! Wrote::1:Give him time, he might get his first this coming year. The year of the REDHOUNDS!

Yea ... Corbin isn’t winning 4A anytime soon. They’re an avg. program compared to the talent at the top tier 4A schools.
A-Block Wrote:Yea ... Corbin isn’t winning 4A anytime soon. They’re an avg. program compared to the talent at the top tier 4A schools.

:thatsfunn
I know one thing for sure, Corbin is sure going to try!:wenumber1
pjdoug Wrote:elite?

I mean he’s not Nick Saban but he is one of the best defensive coaches in the state.
For anyone saying Corbin isn’t competing in 4A must not realize how young their team was last season. I see them being state championship contenders in a few years.
Texans_99 Wrote:For anyone saying Corbin isn’t competing in 4A must not realize how young their team was last season. I see them being state championship contenders in a few years.

If still in 3A I would agree. Just don’t see it happening in 4A. There is a big gap between those two classes. JMHO
Arms from JC, Kinner from Paintsville, Haddux from Corbin, Sullivan from Pikeville, Peck from JC. Any of these wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t know if any are willing to go when it comes down to it but you never know.
Mayhem Wrote:Arms from JC, Kinner from Paintsville, Haddux from Corbin, Sullivan from Pikeville, Peck from JC. Any of these wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t know if any are willing to go when it comes down to it but you never know.

Any of those would be good hires. I would like to see our staff at JC stay intact though lol
A-Block Wrote:If still in 3A I would agree. Just don’t see it happening in 4A. There is a big gap between those two classes. JMHO

Such a big gap that the Boyle team that Corbin beat in the 3A semis last year just played for the 4A state championship, yeah that makes a lot of sense...
A-Block Wrote:If still in 3A I would agree. Just don’t see it happening in 4A. There is a big gap between those two classes. JMHO

There’s a big gap because of teams like CORBIN moving up to 4A. You think it was this tough last year? Haha. We shutout the almost exact same team JC beat by a point last year.

We have one somewhat down year and everyone forgets their last 4.
Hound05 Wrote:There’s a big gap because of teams like CORBIN moving up to 4A. You think it was this tough last year? Haha. We shutout the almost exact same team JC beat by a point last year.

Where the hell is Dougie when you need him...
corbin couldn’t win district this last season but they’re state title contenders now after losing their two best defensive players and giving up 63 in their last game.. not sure if I’m following along
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:corbin couldn’t win district this last season but they’re state title contenders now after losing their two best defensive players and giving up 63 in their last game.. not sure if I’m following along

Not sure anyone in 4A is gonna be able to handle Johnson Central next year, Corbin’s Freshman, Sophmore, and Junior class all have potential D1 talent and should put Corbin back in the running...program’s graduate players every year and kids move up the depth chart every year to replace them...
Hazard needs to look for a solid young OC or DC at a competitive program. Hazard isn't going to get an established HC to come and play second fiddle to Pikeville in Kentucky's smallest class. A good, young, OC or DC at a solid program in the East, plus a little leeway for a couple years of growing pains, and Hazard may be back where they want to be.

Hazard needs to be careful with their hire here. They are two years from going the way of Prestonsburg or Middlesboro.
CowboyDad Wrote:I wouldn’t ever say Hines wouldn’t leave Pulaski.

RoShamBo Wrote:Hazard needs to look for a solid young OC or DC at a competitive program. Hazard isn't going to get an established HC to come and play second fiddle to Pikeville in Kentucky's smallest class. A good, young, OC or DC at a solid program in the East, plus a little leeway for a couple years of growing pains, and Hazard may be back where they want to be.

Hazard needs to be careful with their hire here. They are two years from going the way of Prestonsburg or Middlesboro.

You guys act like getting by Pikeville is some unattainable feat. Here's the results of Hazard vs Pikeville in recent history:
2019 Pikeville 42-0
2018 Pikeville 33-27
2017 Pikeville 14-9, Hazard 38-26
2016 Hazard 42-29, Pikeville 29-21

There's only one game in there that wasn't competitive. And then there's the difference in pressure. Have you read the soap opera that the Corbin coaching situation has been on here over the last 10 years? I can only imagine what it is like in person.
:wenumber1
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:corbin couldn’t win district this last season but they’re state title contenders now after losing their two best defensive players and giving up 63 in their last game.. not sure if I’m following along

Oh, you follow along just fine. You don't miss a Corbin post. That would be like me saying Bell couldn't win the state last season but there state title contenders now after losing their best offensive player at QB that had all there offense... and I'm sure I am following along.

As far as Hazard, they wanted Haddix. I think that speaks volumes at what type of Coach he is. I like him. I am sure glad he didn't take it.
Hound05 Wrote:There’s a big gap because of teams like CORBIN moving up to 4A. You think it was this tough last year? Haha. We shutout the almost exact same team JC beat by a point last year.

Fair enough. But I think it is safe to say Corbin this year would have struggled to make it through 3A and come out as state champions. Their record speaks for itself.

If they make it to a 4A state championship game in the next 4 years I’ll readily get on here and you can give me a hard time. But for now ... they’re in the middle of the pack as an outsider looking in.
single shot Wrote:Not sure anyone in 4A is gonna be able to handle Johnson Central next year, Corbin’s Freshman, Sophmore, and Junior class all have potential D1 talent and should put Corbin back in the running...program’s graduate players every year and kids move up the depth chart every year to replace them...

but will they be able to stop the rb from wayne .. it’s hard to think with no wine or shelton it will be possible
single shot Wrote:Not sure anyone in 4A is gonna be able to handle Johnson Central next year, Corbin’s Freshman, Sophmore, and Junior class all have potential D1 talent and should put Corbin back in the running...program’s graduate players every year and kids move up the depth chart every year to replace them...

ALL have D1 potential ... now that’s just delusional. By that thought process they might as well move into 6A in a couple of years and play Trinity/Male. Let me know how that works out for you.

Listen, I’m not saying Corbin isn’t a good program. But what I am saying is right now after seeing this past season they are not on the brink of a 4A championship. A lot can change in an offseason. And if Corbin does make it and plays a team from Lex, Louisville etc. I will cheer them on.

Now back to the Hazard job. Really wish they could get a guy like Sully but never will happen. He would be #1 on my list to call if I was the AD at any school. But he is the heir to that Pikeville job from the outside looking in. And MAC at most is there 4 more years IMHO. No reason to leave.

Here in the mountains he’s the only OC or DC I’d really consider. And that is where the problem lies for Hazard. They’re likely going to have to take a shot on a young coach and see how it works out. That’s what they did with Dixon, I believe he was still student teaching when they made the hire. Need someone who can connect with players, something they’ve missed for a few years. And lastly updated facilities. Unlike other independents though, money is a struggle for the program.
A-Block Wrote:Fair enough. But I think it is safe to say Corbin this year would have struggled to make it through 3A and come out as state champions. Their record speaks for itself.

If they make it to a 4A state championship game in the next 4 years I’ll readily get on here and you can give me a hard time. But for now ... they’re in the middle of the pack as an outsider looking in.

:eyeroll:
A-Block Wrote:ALL have D1 potential ... now that’s just delusional. By that thought process they might as well move into 6A in a couple of years and play Trinity/Male. Let me know how that works out for you.

Listen, I’m not saying Corbin isn’t a good program. But what I am saying is right now after seeing this past season they are not on the brink of a 4A championship. A lot can change in an offseason. And if Corbin does make it and plays a team from Lex, Louisville etc. I will cheer them on.

Corbin has two kids on the roster that already have those offers as underclassman, two others who should eventually but have been dealing with debilitating injuries their freshman season and one of those already has a brother playing D1 ball, reading comprehension sometimes goes a long way, I wasn't referring to the whole roster rather that each class has kids that are potential D1 players...

Corbin has been playing and beating teams from Lexington, Louisville, Florence, Tennessee, etc.....I'm not gonna hijack this thread anymore discussing a topic with someone who's so inept...
WhomTheBellTolls Wrote:but will they be able to stop the rb from wayne .. it’s hard to think with no wine or shelton it will be possible

That's a question for next season, maybe, maybe not but there is gonna be some Corbin kids Wayne has to stop as well, both those games where close, I'm not gonna comment on any of the seniors and have anyone be able to construe it as shade they were very talented and played their hearts out I love them and wish them nothing but the best...
RoShamBo Wrote:Hazard needs to look for a solid young OC or DC at a competitive program. Hazard isn't going to get an established HC to come and play second fiddle to Pikeville in Kentucky's smallest class. A good, young, OC or DC at a solid program in the East, plus a little leeway for a couple years of growing pains, and Hazard may be back where they want to be.

Hazards biggest challenge IMO is they need to hire a coach that is going to keep the young talent they have at Hazard.
Mike Holcomb-

Yes that’s true and thanks to bell we all know you can lose district and play for a state title the following year. Corbin moves up, bell then wins district and makes it to title game correct.
Walt Longmire Wrote:You guys act like getting by Pikeville is some unattainable feat. Here's the results of Hazard vs Pikeville in recent history:
2019 Pikeville 42-0
2018 Pikeville 33-27
2017 Pikeville 14-9, Hazard 38-26
2016 Hazard 42-29, Pikeville 29-21

There's only one game in there that wasn't competitive. And then there's the difference in pressure. Have you read the soap opera that the Corbin coaching situation has been on here over the last 10 years? I can only imagine what it is like in person.

It’s not that it’s unattainable, but Hazard has gone through most of that solid run of outstanding top to bottom classes they had. Still have the ability to be a solid top 5 program every year due to pride and tradition. But without top level coaching, it will be very difficult. Pikeville is in the middle of a very high level run for a smaller school. Very similar to their 87-91 run. Yes they had a couple bridge type years from 2015-2019 but still were very tough outs. Since 2015, 3 finals appearances, 2 championships.
PHSForever Wrote:It’s not that it’s unattainable, but Hazard has gone through most of that solid run of outstanding top to bottom classes they had. Still have the ability to be a solid top 5 program every year due to pride and tradition. But without top level coaching, it will be very difficult. Pikeville is in the middle of a very high level run for a smaller school. Very similar to their 87-91 run. Yes they had a couple bridge type years from 2015-2019 but still were very tough outs. Since 2015, 3 finals appearances, 2 championships.

Hazard is about 2 (be tough because of Isaac and company) to 3 years from having the talent to make a lasting run again. Now that is obviously contingent on if they keep the group together but the feeder program is strong.

Pikeville right now is just a machine. Kids want to play there, enjoy the unreal facilities and be coached by an incredible staff. Tough to compete with a program that fosters a winning attitude like that from every angle. In someways people might argue the program is on more stable ground then it ever has been.

Hazard has a really, really tough hire to make. Likely happens in the next 14 days. Hearing interviews are happening this week.
A-Block Wrote:Hazard is about 2 (be tough because of Isaac and company) to 3 years from having the talent to make a lasting run again. Now that is obviously contingent on if they keep the group together but the feeder program is strong.

Pikeville right now is just a machine. Kids want to play there, enjoy the unreal facilities and be coached by an incredible staff. Tough to compete with a program that fosters a winning attitude like that from every angle. In someways people might argue the program is on more stable ground then it ever has been.

Hazard has a really, really tough hire to make. Likely happens in the next 14 days. Hearing interviews are happening this week.

I agree that Pikeville football in its current state might be the most stable it has ever been with the run their on. I think a huge part in that is the new facilities that they have invested in. Kids want to be a part of that and most local schools can not come close to competing facility wise. It kind of reminds me of the big jump Belfry has tool since they've built the new high school. They were always a great program and I know they came into the new school off 2 state championships but before that Belfey was just a really good program just not quite at that elite level they are at now. This decision Hazard makes for their next head coach is extremely important in how successful Hazard is in the next decade and beyond.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next