•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Job: Hazard
E's Army Wrote:Out of his own mouth he wants to be a head coach next year.

At his Alma Mater?
I think that would be his preference. But he wants to coach somewhere.
John Derossett would be a good candidate.
I’ve been out of this for quite some time, so bear with me, but what happened to Justin Lamb?! Isn’t he coaching something somewhere?!
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:I’ve been out of this for quite some time, so bear with me, but what happened to Justin Lamb?! Isn’t he coaching something somewhere?!

He is an assistant at UPIKE
BlackcatAlum Wrote:John Derossett would be a good candidate.

Negative
CowboyDad Wrote:I’d like to think Haddix has no intention of leaving Corbin for Hazard but stranger things have happened. Too much talent on the Redhound sideline to leave now.

Haddix has called and asked about the job
hitter Wrote:Haddix has called and asked about the job

Im sure hes top priority. If perry wants to keep kids in perry co they gotta be nervous bout them getting haddix.

that would be a good hire. big al might take one of his boys coaches away from him but there is a connection there. If Hazard will go out of eastern ky for a big name. I wonder if Scroggins would consider coming out of retirement and relocating to hazard with his sons.
nannook Wrote:He is an assistant at UPIKE

Any idea if he’s interested in becoming a high school HC?!
Hazard doesn’t have near the support that Corbin has and isn’t as strong of a job with Dixon now at Perry.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Hazard doesn’t have near the support that Corbin has and isn’t as strong of a job with Dixon now at Perry.

They also don't have to deal with Johnson Central and Boyle County.....
E's Army Wrote:Out of his own mouth he wants to be a head coach next year.

He is full of it. Trying to get rid of Haddix. He wants to be Super at Corbin. You don’t know him if you believe what he says. He has another agenda.
Why? So he can have the distinction of having run 2 Tradition Rich programs into the ground? 😜
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Why? So he can have the distinction of having run 2 Tradition Rich programs into the ground? 😜

I’ve been out of H.S. Football for several years now and am just getting back into it the last season and a half. What happened to Derossit & Prestonsburg?! At one time he had a heck of a program there. Both him & the program had a lot of respect in the mountains, or at least it appeared to. How’d he go from where he was to where he is?!
Boomer_Sooner Wrote:I’ve been out of H.S. Football for several years now and am just getting back into it the last season and a half. What happened to Derossit & Prestonsburg?! At one time he had a heck of a program there. Both him & the program had a lot of respect in the mountains, or at least it appeared to. How’d he go from where he was to where he is?!
According to the P-Burg fans I spoke to. It was a classic case of a man drunk on his own power coupled with a principal at the time who wouldn’t reign him in. You could start an All-Star Team with the talent he’d ran off the last few years he coached. Arrogantly swearing up and down they weren’t good enough to play for him. Even though a good 15-20 of them started on teams that either won state titles or were state runners up for other teams. Many of those kids Dads played @ P-Burg. Starting to get the picture?
I heard yesterday that Hazard met with legendary coach Bert Browne. Wonder how that went?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:According to the P-Burg fans I spoke to. It was a classic case of a man drunk on his own power coupled with a principal at the time who wouldn’t reign him in. You could start an All-Star Team with the talent he’d ran off the last few years he coached. Arrogantly swearing up and down they weren’t good enough to play for him. Even though a good 15-20 of them started on teams that either won state titles or were state runners up for other teams. Many of those kids Dads played @ P-Burg. Starting to get the picture?

Yes I am!! Wow, that's unbelievable!! I’ll never be able to understand why a grin man would want to act that way!! Imagine what kind of teams could have been @ Prestonsburg!! Thanks for the update my man.
Tailback44 Wrote:that would be a good hire. big al might take one of his boys coaches away from him but there is a connection there. If Hazard will go out of eastern ky for a big name. I wonder if Scroggins would consider coming out of retirement and relocating to hazard with his sons.

Doesn't Scroggins Help at Desales his Son is QB
BobcatForever Wrote:Doesn't Scroggins Help at Desales his Son is QB

Indeed
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Indeed

Didn't think he had retired
Walt Longmire Wrote:They also don't have to deal with Johnson Central and Boyle County.....

^^^ This
Boyle is gonna drop off quite a bit the next couple years. JC will be JC. But for what it’s worth corbin has just as much if not better talent coming up. I know the middle school level isn’t a perfect indication, but the kids coming up have won titles and beat JC doing it. It’s how they develop from then on......
But..... regardless, haddix won’t go to hazard.
What if they went after someone like a David Jones or Larkey?
A-Block Wrote:What if they went after someone like a David Jones or Larkey?

David Jones is in a good place. He will have a good program at Bourbon sooner than people think. His staff even consists of other former UK players that live in the Lexington area. Look for Paris kids, Clark County kids, and others locally to start transferring to Bourbon
Redneck Wrote:David Jones is in a good place. He will have a good program at Bourbon sooner than people think. His staff even consists of other former UK players that live in the Lexington area. Look for Paris kids, Clark County kids, and others locally to start transferring to Bourbon

Worth making the call to see if there is interest though?
hitter Wrote:Haddix has called and asked about the job

Haddix has not call about the hazard job, I was with him all weekend and we may see St. X coming to Corbin next year for a game. and going to St.X 2021 good chances this going to happened. It in St.X corner :Cheerlead
A-Block Wrote:Worth making the call to see if there is interest though?

It’s always worth a shot no matter who it is. The worst they could say is no.
Coach Hines at Pulaski County would be an interesting name to reach out to.

Hines has been very outspoken about the lack of facilities (specifically turf) support he has received at Pulaski County and after this year's losses to Southwestern the natives have been restless. Somerset winning a title also won't make the static from boosters any less.

His offensive philosophy is well suited for the program in place already at Hazard and he enough clout that he can generate enough excitement to keep some talent from following Dixon to the county.

Just a thought....
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next