Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gillispie Settles in Nicholasville
From the Lexington Herald Leader:
[Image: http://media.heraldleader.com/smedia/200...ate.79.jpg]

Billy G's bought himself a Texas-size house in Jessamine County. The University of Kentucky men's basketball coach purchased the house for $1.45 million on Aug. 2. Billy Gillispie will go home at night to 12,000 square feet, six bedrooms, eight bathrooms and three half-baths. The European-style structure features a circular staircase wrapped in stone. It has a full theater, a library, a cabana room and maple hardwood floors. It is located 4 miles south of Man o' War Boulevard off Harrodsburg Road in Forest Hills Estates.

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/145369.html
That's an unreal place just for him...

I can't believe they published the address in the paper. Knowing UK fans they'll be camped out in his yard this time tomorrow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:That's an unreal place just for him...

I can't believe they published the address in the paper. Knowing UK fans they'll be camped out in his yard this time tomorrow.

haha aint that the truth, and I agree this place is unreal!!
Exactly what I was thinking!!!!!!!
I was listening to 590 WVLK this afternooon and Kruiser was talking about it.... if someone really wanted to find where he lived, they could find it on the computer pretty easily, so I dont really have a huge problem with them publishing the information....

I do have a problem with people who would bother him as his home however....
jammin' jamey Wrote:Billy G's bought himself a Texas-size house in Jessamine County. The University of Kentucky men's basketball coach purchased the house for $1.45 million on Aug. 2. Billy Gillispie will go home at night to 12,000 square feet, six bedrooms, eight bathrooms and three half-baths. The European-style structure features a circular staircase wrapped in stone. It has a full theater, a library, a cabana room and maple hardwood floors. It is located 4 miles south of Man o' War Boulevard off Harrodsburg Road in Forest Hills Estates.

http://www.kentucky.com/276/story/145369.html

Billy G is single, so he has this mansion all to himself! I guess he now can sleep in a different bedroom almost every night of the week. Smile

BTW, I love your new avatar, JJ!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i wonder if i could rent a room?
I wonder if he will ever fill the house with a voice other than his own.
looks like a nice place.
With a house like that it would seem to me that he's planning on staying here for a long time and maybe raising a family to fill all those bedrooms.
Sweet spread he's got there.
i say he will soak plenty of cold suds there
Nice place!!!!!!
Ring'Em Up Wrote:i say he will soak plenty of cold suds there
i argee i wonder if he needs a drinking buddyRolleyes
More Cowbell Wrote:Billy G is single, so he has this mansion all to himself! I guess he now can sleep in a different bedroom almost every night of the week. Smile

BTW, I love your new avatar, JJ!

Thanks, I like my avatar too...Looks quite different than the Rookie Cards I shamelessly own of Bonds. Smile
I wonder how many of those rooms will ever actually get furnished? We have all heard the stories about his last place, how he didn't keep anything in the fridge, left the Christmas tree up all year, etc.

I do agree that he may have to put up a fence to keep out some of the crazed fans, especially those of the single female persuasion... Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wonder how many cars his garage can hold?
I am sure the only room he is worried about in that house is the theater room! GAME FILM, AFTER GAME FILM, AFTER GAME FILM!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I wonder if he will ever fill the house with a voice other than his own.
Let's hope not....that would take away from his coaching and recruiting!! Smile
Beef Wrote:Let's hope not....that would take away from his coaching and recruiting!! Smile

I don't think that will happen. We all know Billy G's priorities:

1) Basketball
2) Basketball
3) Basketball
100) everything else

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I bet when he relaxes to just get away from the game of basketball, he just about goes stir crazy. Poor guy, he has experienced marriage and from what I can gather he does not want to try it again.