Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credits Cards
Do you all have any? If so how many and which ones do you use?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I had a credit card in the past, but I paid it off and got rid of it. To me a credit card is like a rope. If you are smart and use it intelligently, it can be a valuable tool when need be. If you use it in not so intelligent ways, you will find yourself hanging from the end of it rather quickly. Being smart and disciplined is key.
I highly recommend at least having a credit card for emergencies and travel. Many hotels, rental car companies, and airlines are going to credit card only policies, especially for out-of-towners.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:I highly recommend at least having a credit card for emergencies and travel. Many hotels, rental car companies, and airlines are going to credit card only policies, especially for out-of-towners.

I just applied for my first card. I don’t really travel that much to get the benefits of points rewards for lounge access and such but I went with the cash back card instead.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I have one. Used it forever just for emergencies. Ended up putting Christmas and a vacation on it one year and was gonna pay it off with tax return. Ended up getting screwed by my wife on it, and still paying that sucker off! Haha.

We do have an alligent airline credit card. It’s a pretty good one to have if you fly with them a lot.

I need to find one with a low interest for balance transfer. Any idea?
Not for balance transfers. I have been thinking about getting a travel credit card but me and my wife usually only fly once a year so I don’t know if it’d be worth it.
#BBFL
Its good to have 1-2 just to have an established line of credit. To improve your credit score keep a balance of a 1/3 of the limit and make your minimum payments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Several years ago, my husband and I had a credit card. I made most of the charges on it and all the payments. There was an issue with it so I called to ask a couple questions and because I wasn't the "primary" card holder, no one would even discuss it with me. Pissed me off. They had no trouble taking my check every month! So I cancelled that card, and got a different one in my name only. I also have one just for my Amazon purchases; which are many!! I have always paid the cards off in full every month; raising my credit rating. I know a whole lot of smart folks who have over extended themselves on their credit cards. I won't be one of them.