Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A Semifinals: Breathitt @ Somerset
Breathitt heads to Somerset for their first real test with a trip to Kroger Field on the line. Thoughts and predictions?
I’ve cheered for both teams all year. I’m gonna say Somerset wins by two touchdowns in a high scoring game... but go Bobcats!!
Somerset has been my pick all year to win it all and I’m sticking by that. Somerset will be too much for Breathitt. Hope breathitt shows that they weren’t a fluke
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Somerset should win, Breathitt could win.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Somerset should win, Breathitt could win.

I agree as well.

A sloppy game by Somerset could put the Bobcats in a good position to win this ball game.

I’m pulling for Breathitt, but my head says Somerset wins, 42-27.
This will be a game of who scores last so I don’t have a pick at this time with it going to be a shoot out who knows who will score last but a close game

Very good assessment. Good luck to you all!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Big_blue Wrote:This will be a game of who scores last so I don’t have a pick at this time with it going to be a shoot out who knows who will score last but a close game

Doubtful. Jumper defense is pretty good. It’s hard to feast on cupcakes all year then go play 48 minutes against a very good football team.

Breathitt is good, really good; the Collins kid can absolutely play - that said Somerset is a lot better.
Ive watched Somerset play Hazard. Hazard doesn't have athletes like CA Collins or Slaughter either one but Hazard has some quality players. Somerset barely survived at Hazard. Game could go either way. Somerset has home field advantage. Walton Verona was pretty dang good and Breathitt shredded them. Wont be a cakewalk for the bunnies.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Ive watched Somerset play Hazard. Hazard doesn't have athletes like CA Collins or Slaughter either one but Hazard has some quality players. Somerset barely survived at Hazard. Game could go either way. Somerset has home field advantage. Walton Verona was pretty dang good and Breathitt shredded them. Wont be a cakewalk for the bunnies.

Hazard game, as stated many times, Somerset loses their best player and gets penalized for over 100 yds (which hasn’t happened before or since that game). If that hazard game is played at Somerset or without 13th region officials it’s probably a little different outcome.

Breathitt is a very good football team. Should be a good game.
Somerset 28-14
Somerset should win comfortably. They will be the best team Breathitt has played by a good margin. I'm really happy for Breathitt and they way they have rebounded from a few years of struggles, but they are not yet on Somerset's level.
Somerset is such complete team they can do through air or on ground. Breathitt has showed that if stack box they can deep ball. This should be fun game to watch!!! Like many have already stated Somerset at least 2 Td favorite. If Bobcats want pull of upset Defense going have come up with at least 2 or 3 turnovers and capitalize with Td on them to win. Breathitt Defense has been good at bend don’t break and come up with turnovers this year. I think have close to 30 interceptions this year and good at strip ball. Hopefully they will come out fired up next Friday with something to prove.
End of a perfect season. Somerset by 2 touchdowns or maybe more.
Somerset should win this one, and all of 2A in my opinion
Somerset was my pick to win 2A before the injury bug bit them at Hazard, I still think they have a good chance.

Very good season for Breathitt, very nice to see that great program back.

Breathitt County 14
Somerset 34
JumperPride1 Wrote:Hazard game, as stated many times, Somerset loses their best player and gets penalized for over 100 yds (which hasn’t happened before or since that game). If that hazard game is played at Somerset or without 13th region officials it’s probably a little different outcome.

Breathitt is a very good football team. Should be a good game.

What does 13th region have to do with it? Hazard isn’t close to the 13th. Actually somerset it closer.

I will agree with you that game was an anomaly more than anything else. But a 13th official wasn’t the reason.

Somerset wins comfortably
Hound05 Wrote:What does 13th region have to do with it? Hazard isn’t close to the 13th. Actually somerset it closer.

I will agree with you that game was an anomaly more than anything else. But a 13th official wasn’t the reason.

Somerset wins comfortably

Ok. Wherever the officiating crew was from I hope Somerset doesn’t have them again.
Somerset by 21
Statebound19 Wrote:Somerset is such complete team they can do through air or on ground. Breathitt has showed that if stack box they can deep ball. This should be fun game to watch!!! Like many have already stated Somerset at least 2 Td favorite. If Bobcats want pull of upset Defense going have come up with at least 2 or 3 turnovers and capitalize with Td on them to win. Breathitt Defense has been good at bend don’t break and come up with turnovers this year. I think have close to 30 interceptions this year and good at strip ball. Hopefully they will come out fired up next Friday with something to prove.

Somerset is the favorite now? You were on record as saying that you had seen Somerset play 4 times and that Breathitt County is at least 2 touchdowns better than the Briar Jumpers.

Hopefully the home field advantage will be enough to help Somerset avoid getting a running clock put on them by the Bobcats.
Playing late in the season you win games with your defense. Breathitt has very little of that. They can and should score. But they just aren’t there yet. Program has made some strides tho. Somerset by 2-3 touchdowns.
Somerset too much for Breathitt Co. 3 to 4 TD's better.
Schedule for the Bobcats is gonna be the game changer against the Briar Jumpers..How will the Bobcats respond against a Somerset team that has been tested on more than one occasion this year..I believe both teams will be able to score points but who can make the most stops when needed..I'm taking the Briar Jumpers by 2+ TDs
Like some others, I have rooted for both teams most of the year. With that being said, I’ve watched Breathitt play but I have not watched Somerset play in person. I’m gonna take Breathitt in an upset.
Breathitt- 35
Somerset- 28

This. I can’t say it better.
Jumpers- a whole bunch
Breathitt- a tiny bit
Somerset is the best team Bell County lined up against(other than JC) in the preseason scrimmage. They had some real weapons and from that day i knew they were hungry for a title. After the LCA win, they got Gold coming home in december
Somerset wins in a competitive game. It wouldn't surprise me if Breathitt led in the 2nd half but I think Somerset wins by 2 scores. Breathitt will have the best player on the field in Collins but Somerset is the better team.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Somerset is the favorite now? You were on record as saying that you had seen Somerset play 4 times and that Breathitt County is at least 2 touchdowns better than the Briar Jumpers.

Hopefully the home field advantage will be enough to help Somerset avoid getting a running clock put on them by the Bobcats.

😂😂😂

Walt never forgets!
pirateforlife Wrote:Somerset wins in a competitive game. It wouldn't surprise me if Breathitt led in the 2nd half but I think Somerset wins by 2 scores. Breathitt will have the best player on the field in Collins but Somerset is the better team.

Have you seen Kade Grundy and Kaiya Sheron Play?
JumperPride1 Wrote:Have you seen Kade Grundy and Kaiya Sherron Play?

No I haven't but I have Collins for Breathitt. He was player of the year in his district last year at Anderson County in 5a.