Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Semi-Finals: Beechwood @ Mayfield
rookie57 Wrote:Wow, I’m the only person that thinks this game will be close? Mayfield wins, but I don’t think by as much as many believe,, seriously hope I’m wrong and we slaughter them.

We are in trouble in Lexington if it is close. Somerset beat the Tigers 46-14. Paintsville and NCC also beat them. The talk by their own bunch was how young and inexperienced this Tigers bunch is.
mysonis55 Wrote:We are in trouble in Lexington if it is close. Somerset beat the Tigers 46-14. Paintsville and NCC also beat them. The talk by their own bunch was how young and inexperienced this Tigers bunch is.

We gotta get to Lexington first, then we can worry about whoever is facing us.
Game time is Friday at 6:30 Central
mysonis55 Wrote:We are in trouble in Lexington if it is close. Somerset beat the Tigers 46-14. Paintsville and NCC also beat them. The talk by their own bunch was how young and inexperienced this Tigers bunch is.

They also beat a good, not great, Corbin team handily. Beechwood is talented, but young, so you never know what you're going to get. They played Somerset tough for a while, but we still had Miller then and the kind of punishment that he delivers eventually broke the Tigers' spirit. I think they'll compete for a while but ultimately Mayfield wins going away.
rookie57 Wrote:We gotta get to Lexington first, then we can worry about whoever is facing us.

That wasn’t one of your better moments. The post you quoted is that we better do it big or we don’t have a shot at state. Then you say, we got to get to state first. We win that game, we get to state. Drink your coffee and wake up before you post.
Corbin was not Corbin this year. They also had to travel to Beechwood, which is not fun.
mysonis55 Wrote:That wasn’t one of your better moments. The post you quoted is that we better do it big or we don’t have a shot at state. Then you say, we got to get to state first. We win that game, we get to state. Drink your coffee and wake up before you post.

You are absolutely out of your mind, I quoted you on where you stated their losses and how bad somerset beat them. WE DO HAVE TO WIN FRIDAY TO GET TO STATE , then, we can worry about somerset or whoever! Just because somerset beat them by 30 or whatever does not mean we couldn’t beat Beechwood by 1 and STLL beat somerset! I just think this Friday will be a tough game, you don’t, doesn’t make you a genius if you end up being correct. Like many others on here your arrogance is starting to get on my nerves, give us a break and just pull for the Cardinals and have a little humility.
Once again. I simply stated that if we don’t win big Friday we will be in trouble due to how Somerset thumped them and that is most likely who we will see. And I will continue with my arrogance, that is as long as I have your permission.
Beside Rookie, my arrogance doesn’t bother you any more than your pessimism at this time of the year annoys me.
mysonis55 Wrote:Beside Rookie, my arrogance doesn’t bother you any more than your pessimism at this time of the year annoys me.

Just cause I don’t think we are gonna put a running clock on everyone doesn’t make me a pessimist. Proceed on dude
Every year about this time you start getting freaked out. Relax. We got this. We are headed to Lexington. In a big way.
Besides that your too old to be calling dude.
Somerset did beat Beechwood pretty good but they drop a lot of easy tds I That game. Beechwood turn around and beat Corbin few weeks later. Corbin played Somerset to wire only losing by 2 points. Beechwood has improved a lot this year. I think Mayfield wins but this will be a close game.
I don’t even see this game being close. Remind me later on BGR final score thread Confusederiously:

Mayfield 56
Beechwood 13
After a little study I think Mayfield wins easily and may get a running clock. Of course this is just a arm chair qb’s take but I have been studying them all day
It would be fitting if Mayfield does in fact win Friday. Two of the teams we meet the most in the later rounds of playoffs or state championships are Beechwood and Danville. We don’t have such a good record against the Ads and they aren’t still alive. So, it’s fitting that win #900 come on Beechwood. We are 7-0 all time against the Tigers. There have been some great games though.

1995 @ state championship 1a. Mayfield 28 Beechwood 27
2002 @ state championship 1a. Mayfield 14 Beechwood 7
2009 in semis 1a. Mayfield 38 Beechwood 0
2010 in semis 1a. Mayfield 38 Beechwood 14
2011 in semis 1a. Mayfield 19 Beechwood 14
2012 in semis 1a. Mayfield 35 Beechwood 14
2014 in semis 1a. Mayfield 35 Beechwood 24

The average score is Mayfield 30 Beechwood 12
64SUR Wrote:I don’t even see this game being close. Remind me later on BGR final score thread Confusederiously:

Mayfield 56
Beechwood 13

I sincerely hope you are right
I got some stats coming for y’all.
Game not close: Cards 42 Nuts 14
Mayfield
#2 in 2a in scoring
#5 in 2a in scoring defense
#1 in 2a in scoring margin
#19 in 2a in rushing
#13 in 2a in rushing defense
#2 in 2a in passing
#19 in 2a in passing defense
Beechwood
#13 in 2a in scoring
#3 in 2a in scoring defense
#8 in 2a in scoring margin
#22 in 2a in rushing
#4 in 2a in rushing defense
#9 in 2a in passing
#7 in 2a in pass defense
Beechwood has the following weapons
Hergott is #9 in 2a in passing with 1,766 yards and 12 TD’s
Williams is #29 in 2a in receiving with 512 yards and 2 TD’s
Garman is #8 in 2a in PAT’s and #1 in FG’s
Mayfield has the following weapons.
Stinson is #3 in 2a in passing with 3,134 yards and 43 TD’s
Galbreath is #9 in 2a in rushing with 1,246 yards and 12 TD’s
Neely is #7 in 2a in receiving with 1,042 yards and 16 TD’s
Perry is #16 in 2a in receiving with 682 yards with 10 TD’s
Daniels is #19 in 2a in receiving with 632 yards and 10 TD’s
Haley is #1 in 2a in PAT’s and #3 in FG’s
It should be noted that this stats were after Mayfield had 12 games reported. So we still are behind. I’m not sure if Beechwood are current. Also, I did not use defensive stats other than team defense because Mayfield doesn’t report individual defensive stats.
Running clock mayfield. Wink
What I find interesting is this:
You have the #2 team in scoring (Mayfield) vs the #3 team in scoring defense (Beechwood) and the #13 team in scoring (Beechwood) vs the #5 team in scoring defense (Mayfield)
I believe if cards in fact win it will be win #899 not 900 because of the lose earlier so 900 would have to come at state if they are to accomplish this feat this year.
WestRedWings Wrote:I believe if cards in fact win it will be win #899 not 900 because of the lose earlier so 900 would have to come at state if they are to accomplish this feat this year.

No its 900, I checked and rechecked and then did it a 3rd time to be sure. We are at 899 right now, if we beat Beechwood its 900 by the National
Federation and the KHSAA
The weather apparently isn’t going to cooperate. This will mess with the running clock and make this a close game.
mysonis55 Wrote:The weather apparently isn’t going to cooperate. This will mess with the running clock and make this a close game.

What kind of weather are they giving I am in eastern Kentucky and it looks rainy here for Friday?