Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Ashland 7
AngryMob Wrote:Let your radio guy know it’s POND CREEK, I don’t think he’ll struggle to remember it anymore though. 3-18 did them a lot of good tonight. Giggle about that.

Thought it was comical when he compared Coach Haywood to Coach Matney for going for two to get the running clock like he was running up the score. Like, why wouldn't you want a running clock to get off the field earlier? Anyone would have done that. Dicky is funny though. :biggrin: The Pirates just dominated the game on both sides of the ball, plain & simple.
Great win for the pirates last night. Firing on all cylinders. If that team shows up next week in Louisville, it’s gonna be a great game!
Was disappointed in Ashland thought they would have a much better showing. Belfry dominated in all phases. Belfry not being Belfry is WRONG. They were flawless on offense last night and were in perfect positions on D all night. They destroyed a pretty dam good Ashland team and going to be hard for anyone left in 3A to beat them if they play like that.
Here kitty kitty. Bye kitty kitty
#55PirateFan Wrote:Great win for the Pirates against a really good Ashland team tonight.

I know us big mouth fans get on here and trash talk and argue from time about this program is the best or how that program doesn't play anyone. But at the end of the day after a game is played we go on with our business and forget about it.

What we forget is there was a group of kids that lost and a group of seniors that will never play high school football again and they are devastated. To us it was just a game that we argued about. To them it was much much more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Pirates won and my son has at least one more high school football game to play. But at the same time, I genuinely feel bad for those kids from Ashland that worked so hard all year only to see their goal of playing in the championship end.

Those kids have nothing to be ashamed about. They had a bad game that just so happened was in the playoffs. Keep you heads up Tomcats, you had a great season and will be back in the thick of things next year. And to those seniors, may God Bless you guys in whatever you decide to do with your futures. Good luck!
Classy post #55 and spot on.
T-CATS Wrote:Was disappointed in Ashland thought they would have a much better showing. Belfry dominated in all phases. Belfry not being Belfry is WRONG. They were flawless on offense last night. They destroyed a pretty dam good Ashland team and going to be hard for anyone left in 3A to beat them if they play like that.

Kinda gives you a perspective on what life would have been like on a trip to Paintsville if you had stayed in 4A, huh?

If you guys hadn't have CHICKENED out on JC, you may not have beaten Belfry, but you may not have humiliated yourselves either.

But, I suspect you all learned nothing from this experience and expect the exact same chest puffing when you play inferior competition again next year.

Oh, and be sure to tell The Prideful One , that next year will be "the year" and that we're all pulling for you.

And finally to nekysportsfan,:howdy:
T-CATS Wrote:Was disappointed in Ashland thought they would have a much better showing. Belfry dominated in all phases. Belfry not being Belfry is WRONG. They were flawless on offense last night and were in perfect positions on D all night. They destroyed a pretty dam good Ashland team and going to be hard for anyone left in 3A to beat them if they play like that.
Belfry is peaking at the right time and Ashland had a bad game at the wrong time.

Nice post T-CATS, it isn't easy to post the morning after a tough loss. :thumpsup:
Slic Ric Wrote:Thought it was comical when he compared Coach Haywood to Coach Matney for going for two to get the running clock like he was running up the score. Like, why wouldn't you want a running clock to get off the field earlier? Anyone would have done that. Dicky is funny though. :biggrin: The Pirates just dominated the game on both sides of the ball, plain & simple.

I guess if you want to refer to a pure ass as being funny, then by all means go for it....There's no need to wonder why their fans are like they are now, is there? They actually listen to this arrogant nutjob, P.O.C.
Logan Mccoy, Ethan Wolford and the rest of the offense line played like grown men last night. Opened up running lanes all night. And our backs ran through them with bad intentions. The combination was deadly last night
The only drive we didn’t score a touchdown on was the one we took a knee to end the game
Ashland needs to upgrade their schedule and add some teams that want to bludgeon you. When the weather turns cold the big boys begin to roll. Playoff football is different than games played in September.
Wow, never saw this coming. Really expected a close, hard fought game. Congrats to the Pirates on the big win.
Nothing against the young man I saw on TV from Ashland the other night talking about how they had to play physical and once they smacked Belfry they would be fine because Belfry hasn’t seen anyone like them....ok
Bob Seger Wrote:I guess if you want to refer to a pure ass as being funny, then by all means go for it....There's no need to wonder why their fans are like they are now, is there? They actually listen to this arrogant nutjob, P.O.C.

Funny as in making excuses, not funny in general. Don't mistake me for being an Ashland Fan Mr. Katmandu. I can't help that that was the station carrying the game.
Granny Bear Wrote:This is SO true!! I remember how difficult it was when my babies played their final HS game.

Very classy #55!!

#55PirateFan is nothing but class, a great guy and a good father.
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Logan Mccoy, Ethan Wolford and the rest of the offense line played like grown men last night. Opened up running lanes all night. And our backs ran through them with bad intentions. The combination was deadly last night
Absolutely! Big props to the big men up front. All year long this has been the biggest concern for Belfry along with staying healthy. As all Belfry teams, it takes time for the line to gel. It’s a complex system with many schemes. The line and whole offense put it together at the right time last night. Next week will be a huge task, Desales looks to have a big athletic dline with linebackers that move well and fly to the ball. Keep rattling the chains fellas.
bucslover68 Wrote:Nothing against the young man I saw on TV from Ashland the other night talking about how they had to play physical and once they smacked Belfry they would be fine because Belfry hasn’t seen anyone like them....ok
They kinda all just live in their own little bubble of yesteryear up there.
Slic Ric Wrote:Funny as in making excuses, not funny in general. Don't mistake me for being an Ashland Fan Mr. Katmandu. I can't help that that was the station carrying the game.
:Thumbs:

Gotcha Slic!!
Patriot1 Wrote:#55PirateFan is nothing but class, a great guy and a good father.

No comment but ^^^THAT just needs to be repeated!
T-CATS Wrote:Was disappointed in Ashland thought they would have a much better showing. Belfry dominated in all phases. Belfry not being Belfry is WRONG. They were flawless on offense last night and were in perfect positions on D all night. They destroyed a pretty dam good Ashland team and going to be hard for anyone left in 3A to beat them if they play like that.

Congratulations on a very nice season! I know it end differently than Ashland fans had hoped and the kids and folks are disappointed. Believe me ....WE’VE BEEN THERE. Lord knows Belfry fans have had our fair share of disappointment over the years in playing and cheering for this program. But, don’t let that take away from a great season. Y’all have much to be happy about, and I’m sure the kids will grow from the experience

I loved the mutual respect both teams displayed last night. I saw on several occasions opposing players assisting each other up off the turf. That’s a reflection of the HC and more importantly....the respect these kids have for the game, each other as competitors and especially themselves as individuals. I saw two teams just playing hard. No jawing, no pushing or shoving. Just pure football.

No need in breaking this game down. It’s over. Belfry has to turn their focus to a stout, well coached DeSales team. Here’s hoping Belfry turns Black Friday into “Red Friday Nigh”. 😂😂🏈🏈🏈🅱️🅱️
A real nail-biter.
Does anyone have the stats from this game
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Does anyone have the stats from this game

Total yardage favored Belfry 410 to 170

Bentley has 100+ on the ground
Dixon and Hensley both 80+
Dixon’s TD catch was 76 yards I think
#55PirateFan Wrote:Great win for the Pirates against a really good Ashland team tonight.

I know us big mouth fans get on here and trash talk and argue from time about this program is the best or how that program doesn't play anyone. But at the end of the day after a game is played we go on with our business and forget about it.

What we forget is there was a group of kids that lost and a group of seniors that will never play high school football again and they are devastated. To us it was just a game that we argued about. To them it was much much more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Pirates won and my son has at least one more high school football game to play. But at the same time, I genuinely feel bad for those kids from Ashland that worked so hard all year only to see their goal of playing in the championship end.

Those kids have nothing to be ashamed about. They had a bad game that just so happened was in the playoffs. Keep you heads up Tomcats, you had a great season and will be back in the thick of things next year. And to those seniors, may God Bless you guys in whatever you decide to do with your futures. Good luck!

Very classy 55PirateFan!!! That is why I enjoy reading your posts!
Congratulations Pirates!
Belfry destroyed Ashland at the line of scrimmage last night. The whole line played great. They were moving bodies out there last night. Need it again next week.
Rip/Spin Wrote:Very classy 55PirateFan!!! That is why I enjoy reading your posts!

Thanks buddy
Fantastic effort by the Belfry Oline and from the tackling of the Front 7.

They need to play at that level for only two more games.
bucslover68 Wrote:Nothing against the young man I saw on TV from Ashland the other night talking about how they had to play physical and once they smacked Belfry they would be fine because Belfry hasn’t seen anyone like them....ok

I saw that. And like you, I would never say anything negative about a young athlete or hold any kind of grudge because it's hard to say what a teenager would say in front of a camera. Ethan said something one time in an interview that embarrassed the hell out of me, LOL, so I understand.

With that said, Big #55 was chomping at the bit to get on the field last night after seeing that interview and seeing some of the stuff being said on here (believe it or not, these kids read stuff on this site) and also seeing where a lot of folks were saying that Ashland's D-Line were bigger and more physical than the Pirate O-Line. And all the trash talk thrown at him from some Tomcat players. Ethan rarely shows emotions so I was surprised to see how fired up he was. He told me "Tonight is my night, nothing else matters. Not last week, not next week, just tonight. These people have pissed me off!".

I know the QB's and RB's get all the glory most of the time, and they should. That's just the way it is. But I truly believe this game was won because of the domination of the Pirate line play on both sides of the ball. The O-Line dominated, plain and simple. And the D-Line played fantastic, allowing our LB's and DE's to do their jobs. These guys get overlooked most of the time because their not scoring TD's or running for 100 yards but without the Hogs, nobody else would either. Our Hawgs (O-Line) and Dawgs (D-Line) were fired up!

Just wanted to comment on what bucslover68 said. Don't believe for a minute these kids are not paying attention to what's being said and what the media is reporting, because they are. That's why it's very important to me not to say things about other teams when we win because I don't want to say something that might hurt one of those young men.

I'm really proud of the way Belfry played last night. One of the best games they've played all year. They play like that for two more games, they'll be tough to beat. Good luck to my Pirates and the DeSales Colts next week. Safe travels and God Bless.
Ashland needs to let Bob Seger do their scheduling as maybe they will be better prepared for the playoffs. Sure the Tomcats were glad to get away from Johnson Central but obviously their not going to beat Belfry either as long as coach H is still around.