Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 41 Ashland 7
A classy community, a great program, and genuinely one of my favorite people, Mr. Haywood, arr coming to face my south side boys, and I could not be happier.

Ignore the trublesome members of our small school community, support your great town, and let's have us a Black Friday war for the ages.
I thought Ashland would be able to hang in and bust the big play enough to pull this one out. But this Belfry is a totally different animal than what I saw I a scrimmage against Raceland in the preseason. I know August is different than Nov but DAMN!!!
I expected Belfry to win, but not put a running clock on the Tomcats. Great win Pirates, congratulations on the Regional Championship.
Congrats to Belfry. They have found their mojo.
Belfry is finally healthy and in sync! If anyone wants to know or ever questions if ole Coach Haywood still has the fire, he was just videoed dancing under the red lights outside CAM Stadium with his team and community! I sense a special ending to this season.
turkeysalad Wrote:A classy community, a great program, and genuinely one of my favorite people, Mr. Haywood, arr coming to face my south side boys, and I could not be happier.

Ignore the trublesome members of our small school community, support your great town, and let's have us a Black Friday war for the ages.
I’m sure Pond Creek nation looks forward to it. The ships will be reaching port around 5pm and the war will begin soon after. This could be a classic. In my opinion the best two teams in 3A will be playing in Louisville Friday night. Any chance it can get moved to Papa Johns?
Congrats Belfry!! Keep rolling.
Margin surprising . But belfry winning is not. As I said before Ashland relies on the two backs to bust big plays. Apparently belfry did a good job tackling and didn’t allow it to happen
Belfry is about to peak at exactly the right time of year... could be a scary sight for everyone else in the 3a class!
Elite Eagle Wrote:Belfry is about to peak at exactly the right time of year... could be a scary sight for everyone else in the 3a class!

Bring it on! Wink
I went to the Belfry game instead of the Pikeville game because I wanted to watch a playoff football game and not a running clock blowout...expected more from Ashland.

I predicted another state title for Belfry when the regular season ended and still feeling that.
Just between the first 4 classes. We could see up to 6 mountain teams in Lexington for the finals. Could shape up to be a BELFRY AND BELL final in 3A. A PIKEVILLE AND PAINTSVILLE final on 1A. JC in 4A. And either Somerset or Breathitt in the 2A Final.
BellCo18 Wrote:Bring it on! Wink

Keep repping that weak schedule, I hope we do meet at Kroger Field and send Dudley packing!!
Nobody happier then Bell Co right now. Talk about dodging a freight train!
Ashland shouldn’t have forfeited that game back 3-4 years ago. It would’ve prepared them more mentally for the physicality that they’d need to play with. When you aren’t prepared for that style of play, which you can’t simulate in practice, then you get overwhelmed which is exactly what happened to the Tomcats tonight. Desales with Scroggins will have them a little more prepared but unless you have actually lined up and played them I’m not sure teams realize what they’re in for until it’s too late. Smash mouth at its best. Go Big Red!!
Congrats Ashland on a great season! I hope to hear from Ashland fans and their outlook on the game.
Belfry’s D-line set the tone rt off the bat
Anyone got stats on this game? I heard someone say that Belfry had 311 rush yards in 1st half.
I forgot that Scroggins was at Desales,He Has Seen Them Plenty Enough.Anyone Tell Me How This Desales Team Stacks Up To His Central Teams?
Great win for the Pirates against a really good Ashland team tonight.

I know us big mouth fans get on here and trash talk and argue from time about this program is the best or how that program doesn't play anyone. But at the end of the day after a game is played we go on with our business and forget about it.

What we forget is there was a group of kids that lost and a group of seniors that will never play high school football again and they are devastated. To us it was just a game that we argued about. To them it was much much more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Pirates won and my son has at least one more high school football game to play. But at the same time, I genuinely feel bad for those kids from Ashland that worked so hard all year only to see their goal of playing in the championship end.

Those kids have nothing to be ashamed about. They had a bad game that just so happened was in the playoffs. Keep you heads up Tomcats, you had a great season and will be back in the thick of things next year. And to those seniors, may God Bless you guys in whatever you decide to do with your futures. Good luck!
#55PirateFan Wrote:Great win for the Pirates against a really good Ashland team tonight.

I know us big mouth fans get on here and trash talk and argue from time about this program is the best or how that program doesn't play anyone. But at the end of the day after a game is played we go on with our business and forget about it.

What we forget is there was a group of kids that lost and a group of seniors that will never play high school football again and they are devastated. To us it was just a game that we argued about. To them it was much much more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Pirates won and my son has at least one more high school football game to play. But at the same time, I genuinely feel bad for those kids from Ashland that worked so hard all year only to see their goal of playing in the championship end.

Those kids have nothing to be ashamed about. They had a bad game that just so happened was in the playoffs. Keep you heads up Tomcats, you had a great season and will be back in the thick of things next year. And to those seniors, may God Bless you guys in whatever you decide to do with your futures. Good luck!
Well said!!!
Defensively, everyone played extremely well but special shoutouts to Baisden, Mounts, and Chafin! But everyone played very well.
I’ve listened to T-CATS run on for years I don’t here much tonight sometimes you just need to be humble and not be a a$$
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Congrats Ashland on a great season! I hope to hear from Ashland fans and their outlook on the game.

I seriously doubt you'll hear from them again until next August when we hear the next "this is the year" proclamations!!
Micro-Brew Wrote:Ashland shouldn’t have forfeited that game back 3-4 years ago. It would’ve prepared them more mentally for the physicality that they’d need to play with. When you aren’t prepared for that style of play, which you can’t simulate in practice, then you get overwhelmed which is exactly what happened to the Tomcats tonight. Desales with Scroggins will have them a little more prepared but unless you have actually lined up and played them I’m not sure teams realize what they’re in for until it’s too late. Smash mouth at its best. Go Big Red!!

Or not drop the series against JC.
Patriot1 Wrote:Bob-Seger do you believe Belfry could make it to the top 7000 now, congratulations to Belfry great win

Uh, maybe the top 7500, patman….lol
This is Hilarious where is T-CATS tonight? I agree with you bobseger we won't see T-CATS on here until next August a week before the season starts. Lets see T-CATS final score 41-7, rushing was 314-44 and Total Yards 400 to 170. Boy T-CATS this was such a close game tonight and it reminded me all your losses to Johnson Central in 4A. I don't think you can drop to 2A. See you next year when Russell starts there Win streak vs. Ashland.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Great win for the Pirates against a really good Ashland team tonight.

This is SO true!! I remember how difficult it was when my babies played their final HS game.

Very classy #55!!
It's not Ashland's fault that they lost to Belfry. The Tomcats relied on its game with Spring Valley to prepare them for the Pirates. Obviously, Spring Valley failed miserably at that task. Last night's loss to Belfry was Spring Valley's fault!
Congrats to Belfry! Hope you guys bring the hardware back!