636 raceland
625 crittenden co
KCD home until they lose in regionals.
Here;s how the 3rd round would shake out if each favorite wins there district:

Crittenden Co at KCD
NCC at Holy Cross
Nicholas Co at Pikeville
Williamsburg at Paintsville
How does it change things if Raceland beats Paintsville?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:How does it change things if Raceland beats Paintsville?

We go to Williamsburg
Have to question legitimacy of this ranking system with Pikeville not the topped ranked team? Also would think Raceland better than #9 in 1A.
Pikeville should be unchallenged until semi finals.
E's Army Wrote:Pikeville should be unchallenged until semi finals.

Hazard will play better than they did in their 1st match up so Pikeville will at least have to lace up their cleats for that one. Round 3 will be a running clock.
I think final 4 will be Pikeville, NCC, Paintsville, and KCD. KCD isn't great but better than the teams they'll face in rounds 1-3. If this happens then paintsville will be at pikeville round 4.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:We go to Williamsburg

Yes........ Nice :Cheerlead
doubledown Wrote:Have to question legitimacy of this ranking system with Pikeville not the topped ranked team? Also would think Raceland better than #9 in 1A.

It’s not a ranking system. It’s a rating system and I totally understand your frustration. Basically the you can game the RPI by playing 5A cupcakes. Now you have a TRUE # 1 being rated #2 and screwing up whole point of having the system.
No way is Raceland not a top 5 team in Class A.
PHSFAN Wrote:No way is Raceland not a top 5 team in Class A.

Raceland is 0-4 against the better teams on their schedule! The Rams put themselves here by not getting it done on the field! Now they have work to do!
Hambley Wrote:It’s not a ranking system. It’s a rating system and I totally understand your frustration. Basically the you can game the RPI by playing 5A cupcakes. Now you have a TRUE # 1 being rated #2 and screwing up whole point of having the system.

Suppose going forward after a year or two will comprehend how the seedings work. However it plays out pulling for an EKY team to bring home the title.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:814 kcd
761 pikeville
699 holy cross
695 paintsville
684 williamsburg
674 ncc
645 eminence
636 bethlehem
636 raceland
625 crittenden co

I really can't understand how in the world anybody is ahead of Pikeville in 1A.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I really can't understand how in the world anybody is ahead of Pikeville in 1A.

Well it’s easy they played 3 5A schools, 1 6A school, 1 4A school and a 2A school and beat them all. Now thats the way it works if you want the good numbers. Heck with the numbers what teams should be doing is working to get their team ready for the play offs. It really don’t matter #55PirateFan the team just has to win the games they play from this point on. The first season is over time for the next season to begin. Threw all the records out the door it’s time to play football. Another thing that worries me is Pikeville has another bye week before they will have to probably play Hazard so it’s like 2 weeks and no competition and you definitely know how that works.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I really can't understand how in the world anybody is ahead of Pikeville in 1A.

I can. You have to understand this rpi takes no human element into it. It's all computerized and since KCD played all the weaker 5a and 6a schools like Iroquois and Seneca and went undefeated then they got more rpi points. There's a reason they don't use it in college football when electing the 4 teams for the playoffs. Pikeville only played up 3 times this season with three 3a teams in Belfry, Lawrence, and Bardstown.
KCD has an advantage over other 1a teams because they are in Louisville and it's easier for them to find 5a and 6a teams to play them. If I was them, I would keep playing that same schedule they played this year. They'll be top rpi team every year.
pirateforlife Wrote:I can. You have to understand this rpi takes no human element into it. It's all computerized and since KCD played all the weaker 5a and 6a schools like Iroquois and Seneca and went undefeated then they got more rpi points. There's a reason they don't use it in college football when electing the 4 teams for the playoffs. Pikeville only played up 3 times this season with three 3a teams in Belfry, Lawrence, and Bardstown.

In truth, they played up against Mingo, Ridgeview as well. That’s where the generic rating for out of state teams hurt Pikeville
PHSForever Wrote:In truth, they played up against Mingo, Ridgeview as well. That’s where the generic rating for out of state teams hurt Pikeville

Well yeah but I was meaning in state teams that you actually received points for playing up.
pirateforlife Wrote:Well yeah but I was meaning in state teams that you actually received points for playing up.

That’s what I mean. I hate the generic points for out of state teams. Understand the rationale though.