Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleming 62 Harrison 21
Final from Flemingsburg. Panthers end the regular season 8-2. Maher had a huge night with 360+ yards passing with 6 Td's and around 90 yards rushing
Congrats to Fleming County.
thecoacher Wrote:Final from Flemingsburg. Panthers end the regular season 8-2. Maher had a huge night with 360+ yards passing with 6 Td's and around 90 yards rushing

Up big in the 4th....,why was Fleming still passing the ball?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Up big in the 4th....,why was Fleming still passing the ball?
Was you at the game? According to the stats in the paper they were 20 of 24 passing. I can only remember 2 or 3 pass attempts in the 4th quarter and that was when the quarter started. I fail to see that as excessive. I think the logic of a passing team throwing any passes when they are up as a bad thing is overblown. If Johnson Central runs the ball when they are up big, is that excessive? Same thing.
Bottom line is, Harrison County is a good defensive team. They were averaging giving up 14 points a game coming into this game. The offense for Fleming just had a great night. Nothing more, nothing less.
Good luck to both teams in the playoffs and I hope the kids that were injured for Harrison last night were nothing serious.
thecoacher Wrote:Was you at the game? According to the stats in the paper they were 20 of 24 passing. I can only remember 2 or 3 pass attempts in the 4th quarter and that was when the quarter started. I fail to see that as excessive. I think the logic of a passing team throwing any passes when they are up as a bad thing is overblown. If Johnson Central runs the ball when they are up big, is that excessive? Same thing.
Bottom line is, Harrison County is a good defensive team. They were averaging giving up 14 points a game coming into this game. The offense for Fleming just had a great night. Nothing more, nothing less.
Good luck to both teams in the playoffs and I hope the kids that were injured for Harrison last night were nothing serious.

Watched the film. Plenty of passing throughout the 4th. TD pass deep in the 4th. It’s not a big deal ....just wondering why? Harrison certainly didn’t play good defense last night 😂😂
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Watched the film. Plenty of passing throughout the 4th. TD pass deep in the 4th. It’s not a big deal ....just wondering why? Harrison certainly didn’t play good defense last night 😂😂

Just going by the box score. It says the last TD pass was at 11:54 of the 4th quarter, so probably 1st or 2nd play of the quarter.
Anyway, not sure who your team is, but best of luck in the playoffs.