Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kyle Busch will drive the 18 car next year
http://www.thatsracin.com/247/story/5853.html

Quote: Busch, who is leaving Hendrick Motorsports at the end of the season, signed a letter of intent last week to join Job Gibbs Racing and drive its No. 18 Chevrolets beginning next season, the Observer has learned.

Reached by phone on Monday, Busch’s agent, Jeff Dickerson, would neither confirm nor deny a deal had been reached with Gibbs.

“Kyle has made a decision and has a first choice,” Dickerson said. “There are a lot of details that have yet to be worked out.”

The letter of intent is not binding and Busch could still theoretically change his mind. The 22-year-old driver’s two finalists were Gibbs and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, multiple sources said.

Dale Earnhardt Inc. was considered a favorite, but sources said over the past couple weeks Busch had seriously considered joining Ganassi’s organization, which fields Dodges for Juan Pablo Montoya, David Stremme and Reed Sorenson.

An official announcement of Busch’s move to Gibbs is expected within the next two weeks at the JGR headquarters in Huntersville, N.C.

TidesHoss is going to be disappointed, I think.
Busch and Tony teammates? LMAO..cant wait to see how this one pans out..
oh Im not dissapointed. I like Yeley, but he's not my favorite driver or anything, lol..Im a Ward Burton fan, and have been since '94..but this is some news to me, I hadnt heard about this..
TomSportsHack Wrote:http://www.thatsracin.com/247/story/5853.html

TidesHoss is going to be disappointed, I think.
hate to see yeley get the shaft on this one.
I've never been a huge fan of Kyle Busch, but he's not a driver I hate. I basically didn't like him because he was a Hendrick driver. I really like this move on the part of Gobbs though. Busch is a proven winner, and would have won more races had Hendrick not been so caught up in Gordon and Johnson. I think Gibbs will be a force next year with 3 outstanding drivers.
oh there's no denying his talent, but I cant help but remember Daytona in February, when Busch was talking to Gustafson, screaming like a little girl "WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE GET ON THE PHONE WITH NASCAR AND TELL THEM TONY'S TRYING TO KILL ME!!" , lol...Gibbs picked up a great driver no question, I just hate Busch, lol
BCF4L Wrote:I've never been a huge fan of Kyle Busch, but he's not a driver I hate. I basically didn't like him because he was a Hendrick driver. I really like this move on the part of Gobbs though. Busch is a proven winner, and would have won more races had Hendrick not been so caught up in Gordon and Johnson. I think Gibbs will be a force next year with 3 outstanding drivers.
Why does Joe Gibbs want to punish himself like this? Hadnt he learned his lesson with Tony Stewart? This is like him getting T.O. and Randy Moss to play for the Redskins. No wait, this is even worse LOL!
They may be trouble, but both can win. That's the difference in TO and Randy, compared to Tony and Kyle. Tony has won 2 championships whereas TO and Randy have never won one. Kyle is still young and wasn't the "superstar" on his team like TO and Randy are. Give him time and he will win a championship, unlike Earnhardt Jr. who people think parted the waters.