Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Michigan State Nov 5th
Champions Classic should be a good game. Hoping KY can get the early season victory but won't be easy. Michigan St returns a lot and is the preseason #1 team. Going with 72-69 Big Blue.
Michigan State is going to be very good! Can’t wait for this game and see our new cats and old cats get on the court.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I seen where Gonzaga beat Michigan State 103-87 in a secret Scrimmage. I'm pumped for the game.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I seen where Gonzaga beat Michigan State 103-87 in a secret Scrimmage. I'm pumped for the game.

Huh??? Where did you see this? That’s very interesting.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Huh??? Where did you see this? That’s very interesting.
UK message board. Someone who is a reporter for MSU for the Detroit free press tweeted, Someone on the message board embedded the tweet. Here is the twitter they embedded https://twitter.com/chrissolari also Jeff Goodman https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops tweeted as well.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:UK message board. Someone who is a reporter for MSU for the Detroit free press tweeted, Someone on the message board embedded the tweet. Here is the twitter they embedded https://twitter.com/chrissolari also Jeff Goodman https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops tweeted as well.

Interesting. Good find

Never heard of teams scrimmaging like this.
#BBFL
Cassius Winston led Michigan State with 20 and 7 assists. Josh Langford didn’t play. Aaron Henry had 13 and was 3-3 from 3. Rocket Watts with 12 and Xavier Tillman with 6 points and 10 boards.

Corey Kispert led Zags with 28 Filip Petrusev had 19, Admon Gilder with 18, Drew Timme with 13 and Anton Watson has 15 boards. North Texas grad transfer Ryan Woolridge played most of game at the point and had 9 and 7 asst

These tweets were lifted from Jeff Goodmans Twitter.
Teams are allowed to have a secret srimmage with no fans now if they choose to. I think instead of 2 exhibition games they had the secret scrimmage. Their schedule shows 1 exhibition.
There is a full list of the not so secret scrimmages at https://watchstadium.com/news/not-so-secret-list/
Definitely never heard of a secret scrimmage! Would be very difficult for KY to have one I would think.
Michington State and Gonzaga played two 20-minute periods in a game that was closed to the public and media.
Very excited also as KY looks legit and seems to have enough newcomers and returning players to make a deep run come March.
T-CATS Wrote:Definitely never heard of a secret scrimmage! Would be very difficult for KY to have one I would think.

Could you imagine Kentucky trying to close Rupp to everyone for a scrimmage against a good team?
#BBFL
T-CATS Wrote:Definitely never heard of a secret scrimmage! Would be very difficult for KY to have one I would think.
They have been having them for a few years. Obviously Kentucky doesn't do that but it would be more beneficial for Kentucky to have one against a good team instead of beating 2 smaller schools. Michigan state probably got more out of their game than UK will in their 2 exhibitions. Kentucky would still get 1 exhibition.
Spud6 Wrote:Could you imagine Kentucky trying to close Rupp to everyone for a scrimmage against a good team?
MSU/Gonzaga played in Denver, Colorado.
Speaking of the secret scrimmages Marquette beat Indiana today 72-69!
Has Uk ever done one? Or they afraid how much money they wouldn’t make?
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Has Uk ever done one? Or they afraid how much money they wouldn’t make?
UK hasn't done one to my knowledge. I think they're worried about losing money more than getting prepared for Michigan State. I hope that our talent alone helps us compete and this game isn't like the duke game last season. The margin that we lost to duke stung more than the actual loss.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:UK hasn't done one to my knowledge. I think they're worried about losing money more than getting prepared for Michigan State. I hope that our talent alone helps us compete and this game isn't like the duke game last season. The margin that we lost to duke stung more than the actual loss.

And how we lost. Our guys were scared to death of Barret and Williamson. And in a game like that talent is going to prevail because you just haven’t had time to prepare so it didn’t really bother me that much that we lost so bad. But it bothered me that our guys looked scared
#BBFL
Weird listen to KSR daily they have never mentioned anything about secret scrimmages till today Ohio State beat Louisville by 10 yesterday and they said UK has never played one.
BREAKING: Tom Izzo says G Josh Langford is out indefinitely with foot problems. Re-evaluated in January.The tweet came from Chris Solari who covers Michigan State for the Detroit Free Press. KSR says he will miss the season opener against Kentucky.
^That sucks! I never want to play a team when they are not full strength and a player like Langford is a game changer.
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:^That sucks! I never want to play a team when they are not full strength and a player like Langford is a game changer.
I'd Like to play them at full strength but it is what it is. A win over Michigan State will be nice if we are able to win. Kentucky owes Michigan State for some of those games in the past that they have beat us.
Langford didn't play in last years Win over Duke so I'm pretty sure Michigan State will be ok without him just hoping they're OK after we beat them.
I think we will play much better in our season opener this year.
#lessonlearned
A little over 3 days away KY shot the ball very well last night. We have to score easy buckets and hit open shots too beat Michigan St. Rebounding is going to have to be a team effort on the Defensive glass. We can't give Michigan St a ton of extra possessions. My Starting 5 would be Maxey Hagans Whitney Brooks and Sestina with Quikley Montgomery and Juzang coming off the bench.
Game day GO BIG BLUE
CATs are a 3 point dog with 140 the over under.
Looking like Nick Richards will play tonight.
Guards are going to have to carry us again this year. Richards, Montegomery, and Sestina don’t look like much of scoring threats on the post.
#BBFL