Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 28 North Laurel 22
Final.............. Why Confusederiously:
Final

Thanks 64SUR for the updates for this one!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats Whitley Co.
Congratulations Whitley County football :worthy: I was with you all the way :poker face:
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Whitley County football :worthy: I was with you all the way :poker face:

No you wasn't. lol
64SUR Wrote:Final.............. Why Confusederiously:

How? Smile
Take a knee and guessed who wins this game . 101 math :blondetea
64SUR Wrote:Take a knee and guessed who wins this game . 101 math :blondetea

Elaborate. Waya mean? Did we have a mess up in this one that costed NL?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Elaborate. Waya mean? Did we have a mess up in this one that costed NL?

I believe they was 1.25 as of minutes on the clock, north ball first down, no timeouts for Whitley County, take a knee and run out the clock, ball game :bike::bike::bike::bike::bike: Now on to Lincoln County vs Corbin :mop: Go Hounds
Oh I forgot fumble , Whitley County ball :Clap:
Congratulations to Whitley County, must have been a good game. I still don’t understand what 64SUR is talking about.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to Whitley County, must have been a good game. I still don’t understand what 64SUR is talking about.

I don’t either Patriot1 Confusednicker:
Whitley with a rally for the ages. Congrats to Colonels!
Spud6 Wrote:Elaborate. Waya mean? Did we have a mess up in this one that costed NL?

North literally just had to take two knees and win the game, but Larkeys who wouldn't let that happen. Kid fumbles the ball with like 1:43 left in the game. Whitley gets it and then proceeds to go about 65 yards to score in about a minute. Oh, and they had to score in 4th and 8. North blew a coverage assignment.

This had bigger implications that just tonight. This was for the 2 seed in the district. These two will face off again as the 2 and 3 seed in the first round. This just gave Whitley another home game against north.

To put it in game terms....
North 1st and 10 at the Whitley 40 with 1:43 left in the game.
North 22 Whitley 20

Fumble

I bet whitley fans are happy north tried to punch another one in.
Congrats to Whitley. Feel bad for the kid that fumbled.
Pjdoug may be the happiest guy in the state.
Larkey will hear about this for awhile.. with that being said the colonels keep rolling and didn’t give in when they could’ve. We will see a rematch in the playoffs back at colonel stadium in the first round.
Confusedinglepar Go colonels
I don’t understand why he wouldn’t take knees then? Maybe he just didn’t even have that thought cross his mind or what. But that’s crazy and would have been a fun game to watch for sure.
#BBFL
Bolt Wrote:North literally just had to take two knees and win the game, but Larkeys who wouldn't let that happen. Kid fumbles the ball with like 1:43 left in the game. Whitley gets it and then proceeds to go about 65 yards to score in about a minute. Oh, and they had to score in 4th and 8. North blew a coverage assignment.
This is sooo typical of Chris Larkey.

This had bigger implications that just tonight. This was for the 2 seed in the district. These two will face off again as the 2 and 3 seed in the first round. This just gave Whitley another home game against north.

North 22 Whitley 20

Fumble

watcher Wrote:Congrats to Whitley. Feel bad for the kid that fumbled.
So do I.

Spud6 Wrote:I don’t understand why he wouldn’t take knees then? Maybe he just didn’t even have that thought cross his mind or what. But that’s crazy and would have been a fun game to watch for sure.
It's just the way Chris Larkey thinks. I believe he was trying to make a statement; to beat WC as bad as he could. This one blew up in his face.
Ballmom1 Wrote:So do I.

It's just the way Chris Larkey thinks. I believe he was trying to make a statement; to beat WC as bad as he could. This one blew up in his face.

I don’t know the backstory or if there even is one in why he’d want to do that. But a win would feel better this morning then a loss ya should’ve won.
#BBFL
Whitley turned the ball over several times and probably worst offensive performance of the year, but that defense just kept punchin' and punchin' and punchin'. This defensive unit is gonna be scary good in next couple years because they have a lot of underclassmen.
watcher Wrote:Congrats to Whitley. Feel bad for the kid that fumbled.

I don't. This is for the North Laurel fan that kept saying they don't like it. take em to the concession stand. You know who you are :hilarious::thatsfunn:biglmao::biglmao::trolldad::yikes::lmao::lmao::hilarious:
Ballmom1 Wrote:So do I.

He made a statement alright. lol. I'm sure Black was whispering in his ear :hilarious:
Bolt Wrote:North literally just had to take two knees and win the game, but Larkeys who wouldn't let that happen. Kid fumbles the ball with like 1:43 left in the game. Whitley gets it and then proceeds to go about 65 yards to score in about a minute. Oh, and they had to score in 4th and 8. North blew a coverage assignment.

North 22 Whitley 20

Fumble

Quit with the lies, you obviously weren’t there to know, NL wasn’t trying to score. There was 1:43 left, NL had ball at the 40, no one trying to score and Whitley had two timeouts left.
It wasn’t a matter of taking a knee, it was a fumbled snap under center, qb was just goin to burn time. No one gave NL a chance anyway and they weren’t trying to punch it in from 40 yards away, geez.
It was a good game.
Once again, bobbled center/qb exchange, huge difference, than trying to run the ball and score when they weren’t.
3wishes Wrote:Quit with the lies, you obviously weren’t there to know, NL wasn’t trying to score. There was 1:43 left, NL had ball at the 40, no one trying to score and Whitley had two timeouts left.
It wasn’t a matter of taking a knee, it was a fumbled snap under center, qb was just goin to burn time. No one gave NL a chance anyway and they weren’t trying to punch it in from 40 yards away, geez.
It was a good game.
Once again, bobbled center/qb exchange, huge difference, than trying to run the ball and score when they weren’t.
Are you sure?
100%
Whitley just flat got outplayed in the first half, they played as bad as they could play, in the second half they just flat out whipped that Jag backside. Now they were helped by some stupid coaching calls by North but the thing is Whitley took advantage to every mistake by North. Come on folks if you know as much football like everyone claims the real coaching flub was going for from your own 39 when Whitley had the momentum and they got stuffed, Whitley scores makes it 22-20. The mistake is this, punt and pin Whitley, takes longer to score if you score at all, then there is no time late for the fumble and total collapse of the North defense (not really) in the last 1:22 of the game.

Credit to Whitley for never giving up but they were certainly helped along by really really poor luck for North.
Congrats to the Colonels and my buddy Dougie, hard to feel sorry for Larkey he’s not a very likeable person and even worse coach...Didn’t he miss a field goal against Whitley doing something stupid a few years ago I didn’t get to see the game but remember hearing about it...
I thought Larkey lost focus after the catch was overturned......he lost his ever loving mind, and honestly it was not even close to a catch, he knew it, you know, heck Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles even knew it was not a catch. His team reflected his loss of focus and well you see the outcome