Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County Braedon Sloan
Is he the best running back in the state? I think its between him and Hightower from Madison North Hopkins. I would give the edge to Sloan because Hightower gets more carries.
CA Collins from Breathitt is better than both of them.
The kid is a superstar but before we crown him anything I would like to see how the Corbin game turns out.

I will say that Sloan's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield is a very underrated part of his game that gives him extra bonus points in my book.

For those who have not seen him, the kid is really good.
He may not be the best but he has to be accounted for when the discussion comes up.
I will throw Matthew Young from Owen County in that combo the kid is a human highlight reel
DukeBoy Wrote:CA Collins from Breathitt is better than both of them.

Hard to tell with him playing JV teams every week. I'll take Sloan's 1296 yards and 23 touchdowns as a 16 year old junior playing much better competition over the senior. Especially given that Sloan has 310 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns receiving to Collins 44 yards and 1 touchdown.
Collins is better. Get over it. Dont care how old anyone is. Its not like Collins is getting 30 carries a game. If he did, he would have 3000 yards already. Im sure Sloan is good but Collins is the best right now.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Hard to tell with him playing JV teams every week. I'll take Sloan's 1296 yards and 23 touchdowns as a 16 year old junior playing much better competition over the senior. Especially given that Sloan has 310 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns receiving to Collins 44 yards and 1 touchdown.

Exactly on Collins, if he would have stayed at one school for a season he may have built up a following and really had a shot at Mr. Football, but Breathitt plays a horrible schedule.... Maybe if they make a late season run he gets the nod. Kid is very good I wont argue that, but right now its against no one.
Mr cold74 Wrote:I will throw Matthew Young from Owen County in that combo the kid is a human highlight reel

Bottom line its Owen County.
DukeBoy Wrote:Collins is better. Get over it. Dont care how old anyone is. Its not like Collins is getting 30 carries a game. If he did, he would have 3000 yards already. Im sure Sloan is good but Collins is the best right now.

Have you watched Sloan play live or on tape? If not, you have no basis to your opinion.

Statistically, Sloan is better. And his stats are against much better competition.

Horse Hockey.
DukeBoy Wrote:Collins is better. Get over it. Dont care how old anyone is. Its not like Collins is getting 30 carries a game. If he did, he would have 3000 yards already. Im sure Sloan is good but Collins is the best right now.

Malarkey.
Sloan is the real deal. One of the better RB's I've ever seen in action. Kid is smooth.
Smooth is the perfect description!! His cuts don’t look like cuts. You just see people miss. He looks like it is effortless.

Plus balance. When they do hit him they HAVE to wrap up. If not he bounces off and lands on his feet.

I have not seen the players mentioned above. Hightower’s stats are comparable. But I have watched several special backs that did well at the next level. He is as good as those backs.
FCSPY Wrote:Bottom line its Owen County.

So you disregard a kid cause of a team it nice to see how you think
Mr cold74 Wrote:So you disregard a kid cause of a team it nice to see how you think

No, but I think when you start comparing competition, and level of play, you just miss out on things, I have seen two Mr.
Football runner ups at franklin county, they didn’t win cause of where they played those years.... owen county has an even bigger disadvantage. Sad but true!
I have a hard time convincing myself he's as good as he looked against Harlan County, but he was very good - one of the best I've seen. He sure looks like an all-stater to me.
He had 203 yards against a 6-1 Harlan County team. He would have 500 yards a game against anyone on Breathitt's schedule.
HCS Wrote:I have a hard time convincing myself he's as good as he looked against Harlan County, but he was very good - one of the best I've seen. He sure looks like an all-stater to me.
He had 203 yards against a 6-1 Harlan County team. He would have 500 yards a game against anyone on Breathitt's schedule.

And not just 203 yards. That's all the yards that he could have possibly got. He scored every time he possessed the ball. He was never tackled outside of the end zone.

Sloan is getting D1 looks, is Collins? Sloan ran a 4.5 at Louisville camp, Collins not near as fast. Collins is a really good back but they play a weak schedule.
A very talented player. Love the way that kid runs the ball.

Get real. Collins is a good back but better than Sloan, no way. If Brandon played against the people Breathitt is playing he would have 5000 yds by now. Brandon is real deal. D1 no doubt.
JustThinking Wrote:Get real. Collins is a good back but better than Sloan, no way. If Brandon played against the people Breathitt is playing he would have 5000 yds by now. Brandon is real deal. D1 no doubt.

Little too much hyperbole so far for both.

Sloan probably would have roughly the same stats Collins does.

Those running clock games when you starters play a Half and the other team is so bad you constantly start at the 50 or in,,,, it is hard to pile up eye popping stats.

Two great backs, but their proving games are yet to come.

Sloan need to have a great showing against Corbin.

Collins will need to have a great showing when they finally face a team with a pulse in the playoffs. With how weak the East is in 2A, Collins might not see a good team until the Semi-Finals though.
They are all blessed with God gifted ability.
🙏🏻
Braedon wouldnt have those padded stats at Breathitt because Breathitt spreads the ball around.

Who has breathitt played yet?
One thing is for certain, these two running backs are making some noise this year for each of there teams, we will get to see Sloan in Corbin, I’ve read what the Boyle fans wrote about Collins, so both are very nice players.
Is that 4.5 hand or lasor timed.
Laser