Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern @ South Laurel 10/18
In a showdown for the ages: Donnie Burdine, 3 time PCYFL champ vs. Jason Foley, the 3 time 7th grade state champion. Who wins the 4 seed and a playoff birth?
South Laurel need this win. :popcorn:

South Laurel 28
Southwestern 27
Or
Southwestern 28
South Laurel 27
Or
Southwestern 42
South Laurel 13
Warriors by 7. SW new coach next year if they lose to South.
Southwestern 7-6
Cardinals win a barnburner 26-23.
I feel like 64SUR may have it, it’ll be close or SW will win by a good margin. Either way, it’s a shame to see that this is where we have fallen.
The old man may have had a better sense of direction than the administration gave him credit for.
E's Army Wrote:The old man may have had a better sense of direction than the administration gave him credit for.

A better sense than a lot of people on here gave Larry or his staff credit for. Per my daughter the kids are starting to turn on this staff, I hope they can reel them back in but I’m not holding my breath.
E's Army Wrote:Warriors by 7. SW new coach next year if they lose to South.

But that staff has won multiple middle school state championships. MULTIPLE. MIDDLE SCHOOL. STATE. CHAMPIONSHIPS. MULTIPLE.
Walt Longmire Wrote:But that staff has won multiple middle school state championships. MULTIPLE. MIDDLE SCHOOL. STATE. CHAMPIONSHIPS. MULTIPLE.

Therein lies the problem, Walt. Big difference.
Jason Fooley can flat out coach football. I’ve seen this guy win a middle school state championship 54-6 over a dominating Whitley County team. He can match wits with any football mind in the state. To mention Donnie Burdine in the same sentence is insane. Coach Fooley and South Western are the kings of Pulaski County. PC and Hines will find out next week about the Warriors, as far as the Lil bitty bunnies go, don’t be knocking any team or coach that you won’t even play.
Foley and staff will win a whole bunch at Southwestern. I have watched his teams for a long time, and there is no better coach in these parts. Can’t wait till next week, people’s opinion will change. SW 34 PC 21. :blabbermo
Got to get by South first
2 wins 😂😂😂 how much did you get paid to write this ignorant comment
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Jason Fooley can flat out coach football. I’ve seen this guy win a middle school state championship 54-6 over a dominating Whitley County team. He can match wits with any football mind in the state. To mention Donnie Burdine in the same sentence is insane. Coach Fooley and South Western are the kings of Pulaski County. PC and Hines will find out next week about the Warriors, as far as the Lil bitty bunnies go, don’t be knocking any team or coach that you won’t even play.
Your ignorant for this they are sitting at 2 wins
Trophy Room Wrote:Foley and staff will win a whole bunch at Southwestern. I have watched his teams for a long time, and there is no better coach in these parts. Can’t wait till next week, people’s opinion will change. SW 34 PC 21. :blabbermo
There is no way this bunch will make it at SW!
If they were at McCreary, Jenkins, Jackson ...etc
Not at SW, they will not go for it. They force or ran of a great coach..
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Jason Fooley

Really? “Fooley”

Jason FOLEY needs time. The fans are willing to give it, but middle school glory doesn’t translate to high school.

Lots of young talent on the south side of town. Just have to be patient.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Jason Fooley can flat out coach football. I’ve seen this guy win a middle school state championship 54-6 over a dominating Whitley County team. He can match wits with any football mind in the state. To mention Donnie Burdine in the same sentence is insane. Coach Fooley and South Western are the kings of Pulaski County. PC and Hines will find out next week about the Warriors, as far as the Lil bitty bunnies go, don’t be knocking any team or coach that you won’t even play.

Pulaski could very well put a running clock on southwestern this year.
Maroons are patiently waiting
Jungle forest Wrote:Your ignorant for this they are sitting at 2 wins

Given the way he refers to him as Fooley I think you're missing the sarcasm.
You sir are what I like to call what’s the word for it... Um stupid. First of all middle school and high school are two completely different levels of football. Mr Foley cannot coach football for example was driving down the field on WC last week under center running the ball then wants to get out of it and try to throw it. He hasn’t proved anything to anyone. Southwestern better hope Pulaski doesn’t put up a running clock on them. If you can’t even beat WC than don’t even bring this BS in here about southwestern running Pulaski county. People like you don’t need to be on this website
colonelfan944 Wrote:You sir are what I like to call what’s the word for it... Um stupid. First of all middle school and high school are two completely different levels of football. Mr Foley cannot coach football for example was driving down the field on WC last week under center running the ball then wants to get out of it and try to throw it. He hasn’t proved anything to anyone. Southwestern better hope Pulaski doesn’t put up a running clock on them. If you can’t even beat WC than don’t even bring this BS in here about southwestern running Pulaski county. People like you don’t need to be on this website

Anybody that says southwestern runs Pulaski county is just stupid. Take a look at Pulaski’s record against southwestern over the last 6 or 7 seasons and it speaks for itself. Oh, and Pulaski is undefeated against southwestern over the that time in the playoffs.
colonelfan944 Wrote:You sir are what I like to call what’s the word for it... Um stupid. First of all middle school and high school are two completely different levels of football. Mr Foley cannot coach football for example was driving down the field on WC last week under center running the ball then wants to get out of it and try to throw it. He hasn’t proved anything to anyone. Southwestern better hope Pulaski doesn’t put up a running clock on them. If you can’t even beat WC than don’t even bring this BS in here about southwestern running Pulaski county. People like you don’t need to be on this website

You don't do well with sarcasm do you? He called him coach Fooley, not Foley in that post. He's done it all season. It's his schtick.
MaroonsBy90 Wrote:Anybody that says southwestern runs Pulaski county is just stupid. Take a look at Pulaski’s record against southwestern over the last 6 or 7 seasons and it speaks for itself. Oh, and Pulaski is undefeated against southwestern over the that time in the playoffs.

You don't do well with sarcasm do you? He called him coach Fooley, not Foley in that post. He's done it all season. It's his schtick
Cheering for Southwestern in this one...

Southwestern 14
South Laurel 13

My Pirates need those RPI points! 😂
Lighten up people. Haha. There is no way anybody in their right mind is going to pick Southwestern to run over Pulaski. It's a shame it won't happen but would have been a good year for Somerset and Pulaski to play. Would have been fun to watch and a battle until the final horn.
Walt Longmire Wrote:But that staff has won multiple middle school state championships. MULTIPLE. MIDDLE SCHOOL. STATE. CHAMPIONSHIPS. MULTIPLE.

I’ll show you multiples several times. :yum:
If Southwestern can make it past the Fightin’ Cards, I bet they only let Pulaski beat them by 50.
It’s heating up at SW, after the loss to Whitley Co. the word traveled all the to the crater that SW coaches had a fight over who fault it was that they lost.
14-0 to Colonels. Let’s see, offense didn’t score so probably—— Offense
Hopefully a better showing this week
Warriors stuck their spear in their foot getting rid of French