Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co 7-0, #1 AP, #1 RPI
After last nights games. Bell Co is the new #1 in RPI rankings for 3A with a .723
If Bell wins out and beats Harlan Co. By 21.. They will stay at #1
Does this give them home field advantage all the way thru playoffs?
BellCo18 Wrote:After last nights games. Bell Co is the new #1 in RPI rankings for 3A with a .723

:pondering: Starting to see a pattern with Bell and KCD in the RPI Confusednicker:

1A KCD 0.864
1A Pikeville 0.843
64SUR you have to have at least one cousin in Bell County. If you are not careful you will hurt their feelings.
E's Army Wrote:64SUR you have to have at least one cousin in Bell County. If you are not careful you will hurt their feelings.

Well me and basketball coach Sizemore is a little kin, but this is football Confusednicker:
Why at least 21 points against Harlan Co?
Doesn’t it matter how Bell’s opponents and their opponents finish?
four quarters Wrote:Doesn’t it matter how Bell’s opponents and their opponents finish?

Just 3 games left for Bell Co.
four quarters Wrote:Doesn’t it matter how Bell’s opponents and their opponents finish?

Their other district opponents will have a net .500 record in those games but the others, I would think, could certainly change their RPI.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Their other district opponents will have a net .500 record in those games but the others, I would think, could certainly change their RPI.

We also still have 4A ranked Harlan Co at home as well. Last game of the season. Which should help RPI a lot.
Harlan will be 7-2 coming into Bells game. 21 is a convincing win, which will keep the RPI the same or move up. If Harlan Co can play within 21 of Johnson central, then Bell would gain points..
So, does it really benefit you to play a killer schedule?
Look at our neighbors (Knox,Corbin) really not killer schedule when you look at end at the end of season.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Harlan will be 7-2 coming into Bells game. 21 is a convincing win, which will keep the RPI the same or move up. If Harlan Co can play within 21 of Johnson central, then Bell would gain points..
So, does it really benefit you to play a killer schedule?
Look at our neighbors (Knox,Corbin) really not killer schedule when you look at end at the end of season.

My understanding was that scoring margin had no impact on rpi.
I think Bell’s weak schedule could actually help them. They are getting to rest their starters. Should go into playoffs healthy. What good would it be to play a Johnson Central or a Somerset and get beat to death. I don’t blame Bell one bit.
watcher Wrote:I think Bell’s weak schedule could actually help them. They are getting to rest their starters. Should go into playoffs healthy. What good would it be to play a Johnson Central or a Somerset and get beat to death. I don’t blame Bell one bit.

Personally, a Somerset series would have been good for this year and the next. Think a game setting against the bunnies and JC wouldve been better for player mentality than just a preseason scrimmage. A good busting in the mouths would have woke the players up for the rest of the season that we can’t take a game off, but maybe Dudley beat the system and did that in the preseason without a big loss on the schedule. He must have had the math teachers come in and calculate that South L district opponents would build our RPI up more than playing a top tier team and a loss popping up on the schedule. But all that matters is that when Bell walks into the playoffs undefeated and 4 straight playoff home games... see you at Kroger
Walt Longmire Wrote:Their other district opponents will have a net .500 record in those games but the others, I would think, could certainly change their RPI.

With Harlan Co being the last game. I think will help us at the end.
I said this in another site. Schedule high school football is very misleading. Somerset has a great team, but two years from now, they could be average. I thought Knox might could make a run at a regional title this year, but will probably finish last in district. We were expecting to be horrible, but kids are believing they can beat anyone.
North Laurel expectations this year after last season was so,so, but having a really good year.
All Lexington schools are B. A. D except Frederick Douglas.
Crazy game ( 15-17 year olds)
Enjoy it while you can.
Tica Wrote:Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks we will. We are BACK to where we are use to being. Year 3 under Dudley.
As a Bell fan I like our team this year and hope we are able to have our playoff games at home but with that said I don’t think it matters when you get past the first couple of rounds of the playoffs. Belfry, Ashland, DeSales or CAL are gonna travel and bottom line your gonna have to play your best game of the season to advance
I’m sure all the Louisville folks will be on here crying, I really hope Desales has to come to Log Mountain and meet Dudley up close.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I’m sure all the Louisville folks will be on here crying, I really hope Desales has to come to Log Mountain and meet Dudley up close.

I believe DeSales fan would loved to see Dudley setting in the stands before halftime. Confusednicker:
DeSales would probably put a running clock on Bell.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I’m sure all the Louisville folks will be on here crying, I really hope Desales has to come to Log Mountain and meet Dudley up close.

Do you really think Pineville is the best place to stop for gas, on the way to Belfry?

I will acknowledge that gas station attendant is the second greatest aspirational endeavor for Bell County residents (slightly behind rock chain polisher), but I have a tough time believing that Dudley will have to immediately go from overwrought mountebank, to gas station attendant.
How many personalities does Dudley have on this board? I wouldn’t look past Haywood before a Louisville Team if I were you. Seriously enuf, there will be many teams that would love to come to Log mountain and party on the 50 after the game. Your neighbors over in the Corbin area have done well and left the mountain with a W every time since Haddix has been at the helm. All I’m saying is, you better not size your rings yet, Belfry and 3-4 more will put your coach in the stands too.
Bell is having a great season. I believe we are a legitimate contender in 3A. But it seems like there are several other teams who should think they have a shot. Belfry, CAL, Desales, Ashland, and Mercer just to make a few. I like where we are right now but so
Should all those other schools.
You can tell Bell Co is back by all the haters on here. Btw. No Bell Co fan has said we would win State like some other fans of teams do every year.