Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 67 Betsy Layne 0
Yikes
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Fairview and Betsylane will be a war!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Fairview and Betsylane will be a war!

Sad about it
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats Rams!
Congrats to Rams. Rolling into the Paintsville game.
Congratulations to the Rams, Betsy Layne showed real class with that one play. That’s great to see how these young men showed what it’s really like to play the game of football and love their other brothers in these game. Something that young man will never forget so God bless you guys and again that was great.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to the Rams, Betsy Layne showed real class with that one play. That’s great to see how these young men showed what it’s really like to play the game of football and love their other brothers in these game. Something that young man will never forget so God bless you guys and again that was great.

Fill us in Pat, what happened
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Fairview and Betsylane will be a war!

Still lots of love for Fairview from the Ram faithful.
Redneck Wrote:Fill us in Pat, what happened

Betsy Layne allowed a special needs player from Raceland score a touchdown. I will try to post the article.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Redneck Wrote:Fill us in Pat, what happened

https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/...3d64e.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spud6 Wrote:Sad about it

No need to be sad about your school. The gesture they did for that boy at Raceland was pure class. They left a huge impression on the Raceland-Worthington community.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:No need to be sad about your school. The gesture they did for that boy at Raceland was pure class. They left a huge impression on the Raceland-Worthington community.

Never sad about the school. Sad about the football program, I love Betsy Layne football more than anyone could possibly imagine. And seeing us struggle has been hard for me since I graduated.

And as far as allowing the young man to score a touchdown. My sophomore year we had a kid who has a disability as the manager of every sport his entire high school career. And when he was a junior, in between water breaks at practice he'd take a bag of balls and he'd get a injured player to go down to the opposite side of the field and he'd practice field goals all practice when he wasn't helping us with water breaks or drills. And one day all the seniors went to Coach Parsons (Red) and said let Chris kick in a game this season. When I say he practiced kicking, he legitimately practiced kicking the entire practice without it affecting his job as manager. And Coach decided to let him dress and kick against Jenkins. When i say I've never seen someone so happy in my entire life when coach told him to suit up for Monday's practice leading up to Jenkins, He couldn't hold his excitement in. The whole team rallied around him and the whole school and community as well. He was the talk of the town and he was living his best life that week.

During the game we scored and scored and Chris never could seem to get enough on the kick to get it through the uprights. So Coach put him in our jumbo package and let him run the ball in for a touchdown. Our whole sideline went crazy and the stands were shaking. You should have seen the kid, he was dancing and running around high-fiving everyone. There wasn't a dry eye in the stands that night and right now typing this I'm getting teary eyed reliving it in my head. Still to this day I see him two to three times a week and that's been eight years ago and he still talks about how much he misses football and wishes he could go back to being around all his brothers. Like I said earlier he was the manager for ever sport all four years and never missed a game or practice and has a All A state Championship ring to show for it. He's a legend to all of Betsy Layne high school and a brother for life!

Things like this just go beyond the football field and I love my school for the part they played in this great moment for the young man. This will be something that he talks about the rest of his life and I know that for a fact. But it's also someone that everyone else involved will remember for the rest of their lives as well!
#BBFL
With high character kids like that I’m sure Betsy Layne will build their program back to where it was
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:With high character kids like that I’m sure Betsy Layne will build their program back to where it was

Thank you for that. We’ve got good kids, always have. Just have to get them to buy into the program and actually give them a reason to buy in with a good product to invest in.
#BBFL
Spud6 Wrote:Thank you for that. We’ve got good kids, always have. Just have to get them to buy into the program and actually give them a reason to buy in with a good product to invest in.

Spud what kind of numbers do Betsy Layne have on their roster? How’s their feeder program?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Spud what kind of numbers do Betsy Layne have on their roster? How’s their feeder program?

They had a good little season. But only 7 eighth graders on the team and 17 seventh graders. So not good. We have a real strong line and big kids. Just not those athletes you need to be competitive.
#BBFL
Huge kids on line last night.
Good sized QB as well
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Good sized QB as well

QB has stud potential. Just a sophomore and a freak athlete but just can’t showcase it right now
#BBFL
It runs in cycles at small schools. Betsy Layne will shine again
Jarons Wrote:https://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/...3d64e.html
Here's the article in newspaper-style form.
I didn’t go to the game but the paper said that Jake played! How did he look ?
Rusty, imo. But I think he will be fine and never had a chance to really get into any type of rhythm bc the scores were so quick