Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Desales 35 CAL 28
Took two overtimes to get a winner in this one! Sounds like it was a dandy.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Congrats Colts! Going to be one helluva rematch!
Wow, thought Desales would win by a couple of scores.
Must have been a great game
64black&gold Wrote:Wow, thought Desales would win by a couple of scores.

Alot of people did.
Weird, certainly couldn’t have been the CAL that I saw play Christian Co, playing the DeSales that destroyed PT. Must be due to rivalry.
Sounds like a heck of a game!
mysonis55 Wrote:Weird, certainly couldn’t have been the CAL that I saw play Christian Co, playing the DeSales that destroyed PT. Must be due to rivalry.

That’s kind of what I think. Rivalry plays a big part in some of these games.
Congrats Desales
Weather changed a few games last night. HopTown was not ready 1st half with the rain.
I'm not going to blame it on the weather. Both teams had to play in it. We had them down 21-0 in the first quarter. We punched them in the mouth early, and got timid after they punched us back. CAL was at full strength tonight. First time since their first game. All in all typical DeSales, CAL game. They did make a great adjustment by putting Young on the defensive side as well as the o-line.
Congrats to DeSales. A rematch on the horizon.
On both sides of the ball, the officiating was abysmal. Undeniably, officiating is a thankless pursuit, but many of last night's incorrect calls, were stunningly poor.

CAL was at full strength for the first time in weeks, the rivalry is about as nasty as any in the state, the kids went full out, but the contest was terribly frayed by officiating that was fundamentally unacceptable.
Rivalry games are just a different breed.

Records mean nothing and motivation and intensity is paramount.

Congrats to the Colts!
I wonder after hearing DeSales was up 21-0, if some started taking some time off. I remember back to 1996, I was helping coach a team in a championship game and we got up 23-0. The boys started dancing on the sidelines and partying at the half. It took me a whole quarter to calm them and get them focused. By that time it was a 7 point game. Once they refocused it was no problem. I suspect that had something to do with this one especially considering the lack of success the Colts have had against CAL over the past 3 years.